Master of Manipulation May Reveal You

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

If you use Mass Invisibility under ranged fire, like Rapid Fire, the reflected projectiles will Reveal you. While not as big of an issue as with Mass Invis, the same may happen if you combo a stealth skill with Blink. This may very well cost you the encounter.

I would go further and ask, does Master of Manipulation mirror clause synergies with the manipulation skills? It seems largely tacked on rather than made from the ground up to work together with the manipulation skill category. This effect may as well have been added to any other skill category. Moreover, there seems to be too much of a contradiction between the trait and the skills’ usages and even functions. Sure, it may be beneficial on occasion but in my experience it interferes more often.

While I like the effect in general, I think that with the manipulation skill category it does more harm than good. As such, I would rather have this effect on another trait and have something else in return. As it stands, I would even prefer to have nothing instead.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

(edited by Ithamir.5928)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Thusad.8054

Thusad.8054

You can play around this problem.

If u go Mass Invis in a fight, just prestealth with prestige or decoy and use your Mass Invis to extrend your stealth. So you wound not get hit by projectiles.

If you combo stealth with blink, make sure you have a dodge ready. Just dodge right after useing blink to evade incomming projectiles. So they dont hit you. You can also blink away and wait 2 seconds to go into stealth. You most likely survive that, cause you have reflection on and you are on a far distance so many skills will not hit you.

I use this trait often against rangers, cause of the 4s of reflect on mirror. I like it even with his downsides. I feel kind a fair to give the ranger some kind of counterplay to my “blinking around, stealth, shatter playstyle”

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Frankly, the only real issue here is that Mass Invisibility should not be giving you reflect as long as reflects can reveal.

There’s no good reason a skill whose only effect is stealth should be traitable to compromise that stealth. It’s counterproductive, counterintuitive and counter to Anet’s expressed design that traits in general be expansions of power, not contractions. In particular, it’s the same trait as the cooldown reduction, so to get cooldown reduction on MI you have to compromise its integrity.

They could change it so reflects don’t reveal, or change the trait entirely.

Or…they could make MI not a manipulation.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Make MI a Glamour skill and TW a Manipulation, giving Mirror in AoE every pulse! xD
Okay, maybe just at the beginning.. ^^
Resistance and Superspeed would be really nice on MI, don’t ya think?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Just dodge right after useing blink to evade incomming projectiles. So they dont hit you.

Not 100% sure right now, but i don’t think this works. When traiting Evasive Mirror, you will reflect projectiles mid-dodge or during Blurred Frenzy, after all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Khyber.1284

Khyber.1284

Actually I wouldn’t mind super spd and resistance on mass rather than having to run like a headless chicken if I get revealed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

Just swap the 2s reflection with the 1s distortion from Blurred Inscriptions. It would fix this problem and make Blurred Inscriptions more worthwhile.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Just swap the 2s reflection with the 1s distortion from Blurred Inscriptions. It would fix this problem and make Blurred Inscriptions more worthwhile.

This would actually make signets horrible. Bad idea
No. The best solution is very simple

Make reflects count as a exterior source of dmg such as phantasms. This way it does not reveal us.
Which makes sense as it is THEIR projectile. Not ours. THEIR attack. OUR defence.
We should not be revealed for protecting ourself from a enemy attack by reflecting their attack back at them….
Although it would be funny if you could reveal someone by reflecting the attack of a stealthed opponent back at them

Also. I like the idea of mass invis as a glamor and time warp as a manipulation.
Mass invis group 1200 range super speed AND resistance on a 90 sec cd would be nice.
And reduce cd on time warp with TEAM reflects on cast would be very juicy.
Absolutely amazing if it’s team reflects every pulse (mirror duration is 3 sec and does not stack so really it will pulse every 3 sec unless you don’t have any mirror effect)

-Nil Chaos

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bubi.5237

Bubi.5237

Although it would be funny if you could reveal someone by reflecting the attack of a stealthed opponent back at them

Nononono~
You don’t know how many damage I could do to a pd condi thief with a reflect when they were spamming 1 on me! It’s insane! And acts as a tracker for aoe skills… ^^

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140