Masterful Reflection - broken?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

I noticed that while Masterful Reflection will indeed reflect projectiles, it would seem as though I can still take certain damage while it is up, (rather than becoming immune like normal when un-traited). Is this working as intended, or a known bug?

On the one hand, I certainly love reflecting a Ranger’s LB2 back in his face, but on the other hand, I most certainly do NOT like dying to damage when I should be immune to it while under the effects of Distortion. (T_T)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

Never noticed smth like that. When I trait Masterful Reflection, my F4 makes me still immune to dmg.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

your prolly taking damage from conditions. Not iimune to that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

The animation for Masterful Reflection is longer than the Distortion effect too, you become vulnerable to damage while you still see and hear the beautiful effect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I noticed that while Masterful Reflection will indeed reflect projectiles, it would seem as though I can still take certain damage while it is up, (rather than becoming immune like normal when un-traited). Is this working as intended, or a known bug?

On the one hand, I certainly love reflecting a Ranger’s LB2 back in his face, but on the other hand, I most certainly do NOT like dying to damage when I should be immune to it while under the effects of Distortion. (T_T)

If you make a complaint about something not working, it helps if you actually tell us what you’ve seen not working.

Be specific, be precise, explain exactly what you noticed happening, when it happened, how it happened.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

masterful reflection : While under the effect of distorsion you gain reflexion.

Under distorsion you are still suceptible to :
- take condition damage that are already on you
- take retaliation damage.

This work as intended.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.