Masters of Mobility! And nothing else.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Black Cat.1024

Black Cat.1024

Tried to make a mobility based build for mesmers, just for fun, so please dont hate comment – you will do no damage, you dont have anything else, yeah yeah. I know. This is just a fun, running around build. If you ever found yourself trying to keep up with everyone? This is the way for you! haha.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQRAsd8clwzKqHTzhGaNJi5D92ZGU3yhqg2VSBvdhA-j0xAYrBRn8KiGbFLI1spxqrxUuER1G8ioVLDQ+CA-w

It gives you around 18.75 secends of mobility, with a cooldown of 20 secs.
So for the last second, just dodge twice to get that 20% speed boost, and right after open with 4 focus.
Also added a chance on crit for vigor to add mobility.

LIKE I SAID
This is for fun roaming and running away for all you people that really like the mesmers and hate the mobility.

in Mesmer

Black Cat.1024

I was playing with the trait lines a bit, and came up with a complete perma swiftness build.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQRAsd8clwzKqHTzhGa9IipH92wBAnUQdLXJF82FC-j0xAYrBRn8KiGbFLI1spxqrxUuER1G8ioVLDQ+CA-w
Of course now you can switch up the traits because you dont need the speed boost while having illusions up

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levitas.1953

Levitas.1953

You should probably rename the thread in master of swiftness.
The problem i see here is that (with a common build) you need focus to feel less slow, then you can blink or phase retreat forward. Without traits/food/whatever.
If you run PU, you also have 30% boon duration with no effort.
If you run shatter, you may have air runes that means longer swiftness from temporal curtain and longer swiftness from heal (usually mirror).
Also, you may want to check boon duration food and save those trait points for something more useful.

Edit: forgot centaur runes. There are simply better ways to achieve a good swiftness uptime, but you sacrifice something.

in Mesmer

Black Cat.1024

Yeah, just thought it would be fun build to run in wvw, just because of the scouting\ skirmishing ability that this can have.
Plus, it seems to have a pretty high crit rate, which is surprising for a build like this. I equipped it with full zerkers for dmg and crit and interestingly enough, it isn’t that bad in comparison with what I thought it would be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I looked at your other skirmishing build too, and I’m a little confused by the Rune choice.

I think you’ll find that you can have more swiftness more reliably if you drop the 2 Runes of Air and finish out the Runes of the Centaur 6/6 bonus instead.

What you’ll lose:
2% Critical Damage
20% Swiftness Increase

What you’ll gain
90 Power
12-17 seconds (Depending on traits and food) of Swiftness whenever you cast a heal that will stack on top of your Focus Swiftness.

The “proc” from Runes of the Centaur is available on-demand, as long as you can cast a heal. With an internal cool down of ten seconds, you can basically trigger this any time you cast either Ether Feast or Mirror, and it can also be triggered by the Mantra of Recovery charge-up. It works for each use of Power Return as well, as long as you respect the 10 second internal cool down.

It’s also an aoe boon that applies to up to five allies within a 600 meter radius. Whether your goal is to assist a skirmish group or run around solo, you can keep Swiftness up all the time by using Runes of the Centaur and having enough Boon Duration to make it last for the healing ability of your choice.

Also, I think that 90 Power is likely to grant more consistent damage than 2% Critical Damage, although I may be mistaken.

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

Centaur runes rock… except on JPs with people around you. I’ve swiftnessed countless to their doom.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

I run 20 in Chaos with full Centaur Runes paired with Mantra of Recovery. Easy perma-swiftness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I could never keep track of the cooldown on Centaur Runes with Mantra of Recovery, so I use Mirror, which gives me about 13 seconds of swiftness every 15 seconds. (+20% swift duration on runes, +10% boon duration from 10 points in Chaos.)

Whoever I’m running with will often be able to fill the gaps for me so I’m not chained to a focus. (Though I still use a focus for large group fights. S/S for small group fights.)

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The way to do it is through boon duration runes and chaos line. I can still maintain a totally kitten build and create your “mobility” build, and I dont even have to suffer taking the focus cooldown trait.

24 second swiftness every 25 seconds
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgAQRAsf7dlwzKqHTzmGb9IipHEXwBckUUavWJF22FC-j0zAoLMkGCWbQ00ilRTdCUOsIasVsgUdDb5NaabMNMgKeR1mbFNTeqt6AiAYmA-w

But ALSO, a 1200 ranged, 24 second blink. I’d leave you in the dust, son ;D