Meanwhile, in nerf land.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

For my amusement, I’m compiling a list of the Mesmer nerfs that will be butchering our profession over the next few days. As such as the Balance Team’s way. I wonder how many 50%+ reductions we’ll see. When we get nerfed, We get obliterated.

Maim the Disillusioned. 50% reduction.

Meanwhile, Engineers, Guardians, Elementalists enjoy their easy access to burning stacks that tick for 6k+ – 3k torment stacks against target golems were too much.

Chaotic Dampening. 60% Reduction.

So you butcher a mechanic that you promised would be cool – and it was, really , truly was cool. But 60%? Are you kidding me? Have you not heard of moderation?

Power Block: 17%

I’m just honestly shocked it wasn’t nerfed harder. Just had to undo the benefit of the Vulnerability bonus damage I suppose.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

Looking forward to it.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

My prediction for the next nerf is removing the bonus damage from Mental Anguish

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

My prediction: reverting all changes, we get pre-spec mesmer kek

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I was really excited for interrupt mesmer before the patch. I was even excited for condi mesmer. But it seems like people just want to knee-jerk reaction everything and play whack-a-mole with balance. No one ever wants to spend a few days adjusting and learning new builds or tactics. Indignation, incredulity, and willful ignorance permeates the gw2 community.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aveneo.2068

Aveneo.2068

Don’t forget Time Warp.

It’s a Quickness+Slow glamour but is not allowed to benefit from the CD reduction trait because ‘it would be unbalanced’ according to the devs.

Meanwhile Guardians have an elite Quickness+Ferocity shout with a mere 30s CD; that DOES benefit from their CD reduction trait.

Valiant Aislinn – Aveneo Lightbringer – Shalene Amuriel – Dread Cathulu
Fojja – Vyxxi – Nymmra – Mymmra – Champion of Dwayna .. and more

Highly Over Powered Explorers [HOPE] – Desolation EU

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

My prediction: reverting all changes, we get pre-spec mesmer kek

That will be the end goal.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I knew this when they announced chronomancer will get alacrity.
The end result: Mesmer will need alacrity application to be just on-par with other profession cooldowns.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

Just FYI chaotic dampening did NOT get a 60% nerf in reality – the way the maths work out it was non-linear. Max chaos storm CD reduction dropped from 64% to 41% – still pretty nice! Now requires a second ethereal field to work best too.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

The end result: Mesmer will need alacrity application to be just on-par with other profession cooldowns.

Which is complete BS since that means all that required effort to get the same result as other professions who just sit with their traits on.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

thetarot.8246

My prediction will be Mantras no longer cooldown in the background while they have charges remaining.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jordy.1436

Jordy.1436

I think Anet should not be nerfing anything for atleast a week(preferably more) that way people have had a chance to get familiar with the new traitlines/find ways to counter them. Then have a look at what to nerf.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

My prediction will be Mantras no longer cooldown in the background while they have charges remaining.

Please no…

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Clownmug.8357

Clownmug.8357

On the bright side, at least they’re not waiting 6 months to roll out balance changes anymore.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

thetarot.8246

I think Anet should not be nerfing anything for atleast a week(preferably more) that way people have had a chance to get familiar with the new traitlines/find ways to counter them. Then have a look at what to nerf.

I agree completely, I said in another post. “Let a meta form, Let people experiment.” ArenaNet clearly has no idea what they’re doing.

On the bright side, at least they’re not waiting 6 months to roll out balance changes anymore.

They will, Atleast regarding Mesmer bugfixes. Hard to break out of a habit, someone should start a pot to see how long it takes for the Duelist Trait to start working with Sharper Images, Or how long it takes for them to fix Illusionary Leap after dodge rolling.

(edited by thetarot.8246)

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: UrMom.4205

UrMom.4205

inb4 stealth nerf

Team Raven [TR](Dead)
Wu Táng Financial [Táng] – YB

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

IMO, Anet sees Mesmers as a bug in whole that ALWAYS needs “fixing” lol

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Please no…

wich is rather a bugfix since it’s never been mentioned anywhere to be intended

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

Please no…

wich is rather a bugfix since it’s never been mentioned anywhere to be intended

Crush my dreams some more why don’t you. Sigh…

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Ummm And some giving them ideas to the next step (nerf) in other posts. If they already have some things in the chamber… add more. What they say today is that they will continue adjusting things. Cut here, then there and the sum of all could be… (add your expression here).

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Xenon.4537

Which is complete BS since that means all that required effort to get the same result as other professions who just sit with their traits on.

We are turning into elementalists… Press 3x as many buttons to achieve the same result as warriors and rangers who get to spam 1 with all their passives. In fact just look at engie right now. They got some ridiculous passives now…

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

We are turning into elementalists… Press 3x as many buttons to achieve the same result as warriors and rangers who get to spam 1 with all their passives. In fact just look at engie right now. They got some ridiculous passives now…

Exactly. Like honestly, the Chaotic Dampening trait, we have to DO SOMETHING to enable the trait, and now from what I’ve gathered it’s worse than the flat 20% CD we had before? So now we have to put effort in using something that was less effective than before?

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

it’s all sad.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

I agree currently mesmer does a bit too much damage. But it will eventually be tuned down.

But nerfing things like chaotic damping is completely bullkitten and has no reason behind it at all.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Toeofdoom.6152

Uh, it was up to 64% cool down reductions and permanent protection. There was definitely a reason.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

Uh, it was up to 64% cool down reductions and permanent protection. There was definitely a reason.

But I’m sure 2% doesn’t do it justice.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

thetarot.8246

Exactly. Like honestly, the Chaotic Dampening trait, we have to DO SOMETHING to enable the trait, and now from what I’ve gathered it’s worse than the flat 20% CD we had before? So now we have to put effort in using something that was less effective than before?

This is exactly why it was such a good trait, pre-nerf. It’s a Risk vs Reward game. Are you willing to use your Phase Retreat in a fight in your Chaos Storm, to get that Chaos Armor and potentially get baited by a Guardian using Ring of Warding? There was counterplay to this. Tactics. – A good player would know that the Mesmer might use a Phase Retreat to accomplish faster reduction. – A good player would prepare for that, bait that out even to make the player waste ANOTHER escape. Or die. It died before it’s time.

But we can’t be a class that promotes skilled players, and take 4x the effort to play for half the result, in the land of Passive Wars 2.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Toeofdoom.6152

With a little more effort it’s still >60% protection uptime and 30-40% cool down off chaos armor/storm – that also means it work fine with weapon swap which it kinda didn’t before. 2% is further than I would’ve dropped it, but it’s still good!

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

I think toe is the only getting it down perfectly.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Xenon.4537

Can you or someone else explain how that works exactly? Because I’m a little unclear. So is it reducing the cooldown of Chaos Storm by 2% of 35 per second? Or is it 2% of the remaining seconds per second?

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

With a little more effort it’s still >60% protection uptime and 30-40% cool down off chaos armor/storm – that also means it work fine with weapon swap which it kinda didn’t before. 2% is further than I would’ve dropped it, but it’s still good!

Would you mind explaining a bit how to get those 60% or 40% cd reduction? I am quite confused. If it indeed gives that much cd reduction, I would feel the change justified. However, I just can’t reach those numbers.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

So i haven’t found a link to any nerfs or felt a difference. My Mesmer still feels downright broken in PvP/WvW. Then again i only play power shatter and oneshot anything that isn’t built full tank since the patch.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Let’s say you start a fight with chaos storm + phase retreat.
Then you get 10% cooldown reduction on chaos storm.
Next you use chaos armor, then you get 10% cooldown reduction on both chaos armor and chaos storm.

This looks to me like 20% reduction to chaos storm and 10% reduction of chaos armor.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

So i haven’t found a link to any nerfs or felt a difference. My Mesmer still feels downright broken in PvP/WvW. Then again i only play power shatter and oneshot anything that isn’t built full tank since the patch.

Because currently the damage from mesmer is indeed too high and it WILL be tune down.

However, this has nothing to do with chaotic dampening. After other nerfs come in, you will realized how bad some of these earlier nerfs are.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Yeah playing with it, it’s still good. Stinks we lost that much recharge but I’m not concerned anymore about it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Toeofdoom.6152

Sure – I’ll try to keep it short as I’m posting from a phone.

Basically 1 chaos armor ticks 5 times, for 10% reduction. (Xenon: it should be 2% of the total 35, not remaining)

If you can fit 3 or 4 chaos armors in before storm recharges, you get 30-40% cool down reduction and protection on each one.

Before, it was 25% off per armor, but it recharged so fast you couldn’t even fit 3 in!

Apologies if this doesn’t match in game – my internet was extremely dodgy yesterday and I didn’t get to test as much as I would like or time anything accurately. :/

Edit. : Remember you can trigger chaos armor with sword/torch/staff + glamours as well.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

PU needs a nerf for sure. The 100% stealth increase was uncalled for and allows for some pretty ridiculous builds in light of the new specialization system. What really scares me is the future possibilities with chronomancer, though. Mesmers can already achieve near perma stealth and fight with their clones, what happens when the CDs on stealth skills can be reset or reduced significantly? At that point mesmers would outstealth thieves, which I don’t think would be healthy for the game.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Sure – I’ll try to keep it short as I’m posting from a phone.

Basically 1 chaos armor ticks 5 times, for 10% reduction. (Xenon: it should be 2% of the total 35, not remaining)

If you can fit 3 or 4 chaos armors in before storm recharges, you get 30-40% cool down reduction and protection on each one.

Before, it was 25% off per armor, but it recharged so fast you couldn’t even fit 3 in!

Apologies if this doesn’t match in game – my internet was extremely dodgy yesterday and I didn’t get to test as much as I would like or time anything accurately. :/

Edit. : Remember you can trigger chaos armor with sword/torch/staff + glamours as well.

This doesn’t sound quite right to me. How do you fit in 3-4 chaos armors when your chaos armor/storm on on RECHARGE? You can’t get that off.

Let’s face it. The nerf is hard. Now you get 20% cdr on one and 10% on the other in a realistic situation.

Edit: kitten , so they expect me to use other glamour skills? I would prefer straight 20% cdr way more!

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eaglebach.7593

Eaglebach.7593

Guys, if you are using (or planning to use) mesmer for anything beside portal, then you are doing it wrong! Let’s just go back to being a portal slave and camp all day at the end of JP to port people for tips. That’s the glory of being mesmer! Embrace it!

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Look at say warrior hammer and guardian hammer master trait. Both straight up 20% cdr. I would trade for that straight cdr any time, any day.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Because currently the damage from mesmer is indeed too high and it WILL be tune down.

However, this has nothing to do with chaotic dampening. After other nerfs come in, you will realized how bad some of these earlier nerfs are.

As if other classes not doing tons of damage? Fact is majority of the nerfs are directed at Mesmers, while other classes get the free pass.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

Through the flower i was asking if anyone could give me a link to the nerfs. So now im asking directly.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

As if other classes not doing tons of damage? Fact is majority of the nerfs are directed at Mesmers, while other classes get the free pass.

We got nerfed because we desperately need it. We need more nerfs atm (Blind on shatter, confounding, free 15% phant damage, and PU) to be even close to in line with the other classes. We are far and away above every class right now.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

We got nerfed because we desperately need it. We need more nerfs atm (Blind on shatter, confounding, free 15% phant damage, and PU) to be even close to in line with the other classes. We are far and away above every class right now.

The only one I would agree with you that needs nerfing is PU. The others you’ve listed seem like welcome additions that are on par with other classes. and their own additions.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I think they’ll just rework burning damage formula all again. Be patient dude, cuz burning issue is not just one profession problem, but like 4 of them.

My guess is burning will have diminishing return if applied multiple stacks in a short period of time.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

The only one I would agree with you that needs nerfing is PU. The others you’ve listed seem like welcome additions that are on par with other classes. and their own additions.

My iwarlock does at minimum 7k and at most 13k and my izerker does at least 6-8k every time which is a bit ridiculous. Blind on shatter only needs to not go through evade and its fine. Confounding needs a cd increase or counterplay. PU needs to be 25% stealth duration increase. Otherwise I don’t think anything else needs to be changed from what I have seen.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Caelus.7139

My iwarlock does at minimum 7k and at most 13k and my izerker does at least 6-8k every time which is a bit ridiculous. Blind on shatter only needs to not go through evade and its fine. Confounding needs a cd increase or counterplay. PU needs to be 25% stealth duration increase. Otherwise I don’t think anything else needs to be changed from what I have seen.

Those damage numbers compared to staple abilities of other classes such as Backstab and 100blades seem fine to me. Didn’t know Blind on shatter went through evade, I guess that’s undesrtandable. And if Warriors can still CC-lock with hammer I don’t see why we can’t with Confounding.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: saintange.5816

saintange.5816

Like a traumatized and abused victim, i am waiting, in the corner of an empty room, rolled down on the floor , sweating and biting my fingers with anxiety, staring at the door with consuming fear expecting at any moment , my persecutor to bring the next brutal nerf on me.

what have you done to me ?!

Chandiell-Chronomancer

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Those damage numbers compared to staple abilities of other classes such as Backstab and 100blades seem fine to me. Didn’t know Blind on shatter went through evade, I guess that’s undesrtandable. And if Warriors can still CC-lock with hammer I don’t see why we can’t with Confounding.

Its more of the fact that the stun from confounding is instant which means I can use it right before I burst to get a guaranteed burst (In stealth mirror blade, blink, diversion/daze mantra, mind wrack, and mind stab) which will either kill you or force all of your cds to survive.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Meanwhile, in nerf land.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Finally someone has sense in the forums a CI+PB izerker combo kills me instantly. No might No vuln.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus