Mechanics Upgrade Suggestion: Mistrust

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Currently:
Whenever you interrupt a foe, inflict 2x confusion in an area around them.

• Radius: 240
  • Target: 5

What I’m suggesting:
Whenever you interrupt a foe, create a ball of energy to orbit them and daze any foes it passes through.

• Orbit Range: 80~100
  • Daze: 1/4 Second or 0 Second
  • Orbit Period: 1 Second
  • Duration: 3~5 Second

This is it.

Dueling is centered around single target focus. This skill, therefor, will force tight-knit enemies, even zergs, to spread out or be continuously interrupted and essentially becoming contagious.

Now, the main idea is to simply put an orbiting effect on Mistrust with a significant effect. If anyone has any better ideas for this, please go ahead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Let’s make it fun: the orb will knockback (unlimited target) foes by 80-100 range, depending on the angle where they touches the orb. In this way you can truly break a zerg apart rather than every dazed foe still following commander.

Need an ICD though probably 15s for an orb that last 3-4s.

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Let’s make it fun: the orb will knockback (unlimited target) foes by 80-100 range, depending on the angle where they touches the orb. In this way you can truly break a zerg apart rather than every dazed foe still following commander.

Need an ICD though probably 15s for an orb that last 3-4s.

Hm, well I feel the point isn’t so much to force a break in zerg or group, but to create risk. It’s the zergs choice to stay together despite it all. And I opted to no ICD so to allow it to be capable of spreading.

I think this would also be somewhat useful in PvP for on-point fights.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I like OPs suggestion more, not sure If it is the one i would like most, however. Mistrust does need some change in my opinion.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

I like OPs suggestion more, not sure If it is the one i would like most, however. Mistrust does need some change in my opinion.

What change would you prefer? Something simpler, or different mechanic, or…?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

What change would you prefer? Something simpler, or different mechanic, or…?

Hard to say, but i think your solution would be too complicated in my opinion, partly because it also adds screen clutter!

Perahaps something like this:

“When you daze a foe, their next channeled attack will be interrupted”

It could place a debuff similar to Pulmonary Impact, so there is counterplay (Autoattacking, not healing, for example).

It would also serve as an indirect sword buff, which is always good!

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on