Mes Alt Choice?

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

I finally got Bifrost on my main mes ankitten ow looking for an alt to try out. However, I’m having a hard time finding a mobile, durable, and unique class that requires skill to play. I almost feel like Mesmer is the only profession I can play sometimes. So, my question is: what alts do you enjoy thoroughly as a Mesmer main?

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

The hardest class in the game: engineer. It’s mobile, durable and unique.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Yes engineer i enjoy a lot, lots of builds too (not as many as mes, but yeh) although the engineer has insane out of combat mobility the ability in combat is not great, its much better now than it ever has been though since the patch.

Thief is very mobile too, though depends if you enjoy being this type of profession thief though is mobile in and out of combat…depends to be honest, i would go engineer though i am still leveling mine have played alot of spvp/Tpvp with him as dual pistol.

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Engineer or Elementalist. Those two probably pack the highest initial skill ceiling.
By comparison, Thief’s got a decent skill floor with a crazy skill ceiling. Especially if one doesn’t go for heavy-stealth builds.

Necro for something completely different. Ele/Engi/Thief run rather active defenses.
Whereas Necro’s more of a “sit here and take it” profession.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anuxdei.2175

Anuxdei.2175

i tryed thief with great hopes but i dont like too much , now prefering engi or ele playin both

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: hardloop von edgehoven.8512

hardloop von edgehoven.8512

i first leveled an engineer and shortly after a guardian.

engi was fun. especially with the wrench
does more and faster confusion stacks than my mesmer haha.

guardian is pretty nice too. but engi was more pistolero fun^^

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

Engineer or Elementalist. Those two probably pack the highest initial skill ceiling.
By comparison, Thief’s got a decent skill floor with a crazy skill ceiling. Especially if one doesn’t go for heavy-stealth builds.

Necro for something completely different. Ele/Engi/Thief run rather active defenses.
Whereas Necro’s more of a “sit here and take it” profession.

glad to see im not the only one who thinks that about the thief, i actually though think the skill ceiling for a thief is still insanely high even with heavy stealth builds, you can defiantly tell the difference when facing them if there playing cleverly or just spam n’ hope.

Ele’s an ok choice, too restrictive for me and all seems a bit linear.

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: vinceftw.5086

vinceftw.5086

Thief actually isn’t hard. Yes, you can die in a second but you can always hide in permastealth. I never have fear when playing my thief, even when I go into a zerg as frontliner outnumbered 1 to 5. I can never do that on any other class.

Elxyria – Engineer / Deluzio – Mesmer
Quickblade Vince – Thief
The Asurnator – Elementalist

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Helios.3598

Helios.3598

similar to what others suggested, I’d suggest engineer or necro.

mesmer of Blackgate
http://intothemists.com/

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: redux.1502

redux.1502

Thanks guys! I’m debating between Engi or Warrior. Warrior = most mobility, Engi = most difficult/unique. Anyone have experience with both classes?

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Thanks guys! I’m debating between Engi or Warrior. Warrior = most mobility, Engi = most difficult/unique. Anyone have experience with both classes?

Those are my two runner up for favorite classes. The warrior is rather simple and fun to play. Having a 5 second cd on weapon swap is also great and the leaping around does feel rather visceral. The engineer, if quadruple kit has basically a 1 second cooldown on 5 weapon sets although medkit isn’t much of a weapon. I play both of them like my mesmer: glass cannon with a lot of active defense. Those lower cooldowns on weapon swaps I think are why I enjoy them so much. Ele is a close 4th in that sense but feels off.

A glass cannon warrior has 2 dodges, gs3 and maybe an offhand shield. They normally don’t have vigor. So even though it can sometimes feel brain dead for open world pve, my warrior has made me better at dodging in dungeons/pvp. The big numbers are also nice. 12k in a big aoe with the longbow then gs3 can wreck 3 glass cannon thieves in 3 shots.

I’m convinced that my grenade engineer does as much dmg if not more than my glass cannon warrior and that can happen at 1500 range. The perceived randomness of 5 weapon swaps on a rare/misunderstood class can really throw off enemies in wvw and is reminiscent of the confusion caused by a mesmer. Engineers are also IMO the true masters of conditions with sorta easy access to everything in an aoe except fear and now torment. Also, perma swiftness/vigor in combat FTW.

Try them both and I think you will like both depending on the mood you’re in.

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: kodesh.2851

kodesh.2851

The hardest class in the game: engineer. It’s mobile, durable and unique.

Yep, engi is the only thing that engages me on the same level as mesmer. I love being able to switch in and out of kits at will. If they ever change that though…. cold stare @ Anet

Edit: Recently I was running an elixir gun build with rocket boots and speedy kits…. Do not underestimate engi mobility.

Sizzap – Asura Mesmer, Dragonbrand

(edited by kodesh.2851)

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aneirin Cadwall.9126

Aneirin Cadwall.9126

I love being able to switch in and out of kits at will. If they ever change that though…. cold stare @ Anet

The moment anyone other than a thief says they love playing a specific build, that build gets nerfed.

Men who achieve some power desire more until they destroy themselves trying to get it.—Turai Ossa
Sanctum of Rall since beta 3. Mesmer since 1070 AE

Mes Alt Choice?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Glog.4275

Glog.4275

If your going engi as your alt, i highly recommend the asura race as the hobo sack is smaller & less of an eye-sore.