Mes: Charr or Asura?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Hey all, I’m having trouble choosing a race for my Mesmer.

I want to play a Mesmer which DOESN’T spin their great sword. Please correct me if I’m wrong, but is that only Asura and Charr?

Which has better armor? Got any nice screens?

Bonus question: Gender?

in Mesmer

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I find charr light armors lacking, I’d say asura.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neptune.2570

Neptune.2570

This is just me but I feel asura’s are nicer and smoother to play (especially when it comes to dodging and jumping)

Daliriant, Dr Octogon [Champion Illusionist]
Mellowpuff [Champion Hunter]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Light armor on asura can be a bit tricky, but Asura ears don’t look as bad as Charr ears/horns when clipping (they both clip) and the Toes are a lot less ugly than the Tail clipping.

Both professions don’t really have female-specific gear, but at least the female outfits look… female as opposed to being a crossdresser on Asura.

in Mesmer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

My ele is a Charr, but I would never make another light armored one. Light armor for Charr is honestly quite terrible. You’d be hard pressed to find anything that looks good on them; most of their sets are so unbelievably ugly.

If you’re wanting to choose between the two, I’d say Asura. They have more options for light armor, IMO, and their animations are pretty cute.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

But Charr iWarden is just so good for blocking the view, almost as good as big Norn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Char have the best /laugh, especially male. You could run around “Har har har”ing all day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neko.9021

Neko.9021

This should answer your question: http://youtu.be/QVgGyZMLK_Y

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

The answer is quite obvious!

PS. charrs don’t spin GS

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Honestly? I’d go Asura in that case for one reason; namely how they run with a Greatsword. (Seriously, nothing screams “Bad-Kitten” like a GS slung over your shoulder while you run.)
As for gender? Female. Best quotes, hands-down. Take the Infinity Ball questline for extra giggles.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Beware: as a Charr you’ll be targeted in group fights A LOT more than any other race (except Norn).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Neither and go Norn … I dropped my Asura Mesmer that was my character when the game launched and replaced him with a Norn Mesmer.

Look at the Honor of the Waves light armor on a Norn:
http://www.gw2armor.com/norn/male/honor/light/display.php

If you have it, I find the light armor from the Hall of Monuments looks better on Norn too. Most armors seem to look better on them to me.

I dropped my Asura because I got some pre-reqs and realized that I felt a legendary in the hands of an Asura was wasteful as it’s so bloody small.

Additionally, I dueled some people with my Asura and my Norn and they found the Norn “more confusing” as the illusions took up much more screen real estate.

Menaka is correct though … it does seem that my Norn gets targeted in big zerg fights more than my Asura did … but, honestly, I don’t care much about those fights.

Mesmer is about being big and sexy … and butterflies!

So go Norn … or Charr if you must :-p

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Suuns.9203

Suuns.9203

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: mar.6938

mar.6938

Thats my Charr Mesmer their awesome

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Thats my Charr Mesmer their awesome

They’re*…

If you’re going to be a Mesmer, at least act… straightens dress proper.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Recluce.3709

Recluce.3709

Wow Suuns, props to you for making that look awesome!