Mesmer Balance changes 20/6

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

None.

Probably still trying to level one up and figure out how it actually works after the might to phantasms fiasco.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

At least we weren’t nerfed? I don’t understand though, a lot of other classes got some buffs to stuff that was underperforming. Mesmer gets nothing, so I guess that means that nothing is underperforming on mesmer according to ANet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Don’t worry, engineers got ignored as well.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

I am still waiting for a Little Staff rework compared to every other Weapon it feels weaker, the Phantasmas are slower, the CD is higher….i mean: the 1 feels slow, bounces and probaly hit an enemie what you dont want to fight, the 2 is ok…4 and 5….yeah sure, high CD …..3 is a Phantasm that attacks slow like …i dont even know what…

Compared to sword: when you use the Trait you have a 20% CD reduction AND a stackable ferocity buff…..also the CD from sowrd is much lower by Default….

Compared to GS: when you use the Trait you have 20% CD reduction, Might when you use 1 and for every other attack you can cripple foes…..

Compared to scepter: you have a 20% Cd Reduction and you are attacking much faster…also the traits in the line are good for illusions…

Compared to fokus: you have a 20% CD reduction and you can reflect projectiles…
(ok that is not that great..but in the Focus trait you also can choose heal per shatter….)

Ok, Pistol and torch have no permanent 20% CD Reduction…a reason why i use them not…(ok for pistol in a far away future it could be still a Thing…since you can wear pistol in Mainhand…maybe later with an elite?)

Shield…ok has NO Cd reduction and has high CD ok you could say: hey you have alacrity…but i dont feel like it makes much (i read that it was in the beginning 66% but nerfed to 33%…also 50% nerf….since i have the Chrono since 4 weeks i never saw him with 66%…but 33% feels like a joke…)….but the skills from the shield..well i like them..i dont know why but i like them….just the CD is…. -.-

Spear and Trident …well i am not really often underwater but the Trident has a lower CD than staff…so i like him much….(i hope for an elite that let you use the underwater weapons on land….and that they dont increase the CD from them)….Spear is also ok…since the Thing with sword….

And now Staff: High CD and you must choose between a CD reduction (wich is just active when you use the chaos armor…) + a Little bit protection…or..to make at least a Little bit more dmg : the chaotic transference wich gives you condition dmg based on your toughness (and this dmg goes not to: ice shield from jormag…and some other things that cant have condition dmg)…but when you choose to make a Little bit more dmg…you dont have CD Reduction anymore…i really like the bifost and nevermore….
but the staff is bad compared to every other weapon…also it triggers enemies that, when you are on low health…well you dont want to trigger them…(also sorry if my english is a litte bit weird…i am german…)….

But yeah…i was like: nothing done for mesmer…..again?…..

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

I’m just thankful mesmer wasn’t nerfed again.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

The only thing i would like is to see is greatsword aa get reworked a bit.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Takashiro.8701

Takashiro.8701

Yea, I’d rather have no changes than nerfs. Though i agree that mesmer could’ve needed some love for underperfoming skills aswell.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

I’m just thankful mesmer wasn’t nerfed again.

This.

I’m always amused when obviously newer mesmers complain we didn’t get buffs. Any longterm mesmer knows exactly, if we have a niche that works, pray that we get no balance changes at all. They have never been in our favor.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I feel so blessed to be out of the fray this time.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

I’m sorry my mesmer brothers. Engineers feeling the pain too.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

@Hibiskus – In my opinion Staff is actually one of our better weapons, and the one in the least need of a rework. Its a very strong condi weapon, and a very strong defensive weapon, especially when taking the chaos line. Chaos storm is a great way to apply cover conditions to make cleanses less useful. Phase retreat is a very low CD movement skill that is great for getting out of aoes, as well as summoning shatter fodder, on top of being a teleport, so it can get you out of kitten like static field. The only changes I think it needs is for the auto to be sped up a bit, both the cast time and the speed of the projectile, and then ideally changing the attack when summoning the phantasm.

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Its a very strong condi weapon,

Not really. The conditions on auto are a joke, mostly due to never getting the same buffs that other condition applying skills got when they reworked conditions, the phantasm is power based and the only other damaging condition is a random short poison in Chaos field that also never got the condi buff.

It is a good defensive weapon but that is mostly thanks to skill 2. Chaos field has been left behind by the power creep and chaos armor has a too high cd even if the protection was baseline, not to mention the attack that got attached to it is pretty terrible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Waiting for balance changes is – IMO – pretty pointless.

Given the scarcity and individual small size of balance change patches, we can safely assume that the manpower dedicated to rebalancing is, at best, marginal. In other words by and large ANet cannot balance the game, as the game will change faster from meta shifts, expansions and unintended side effects of previous balance changes (or bugs) than they can keep up with balancing.

And I’d hate for development to slow down simply because they want to wait for balance, not a good option either.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doam.8305

Doam.8305

When the sea rises and all the other classes are buffed and uplifted while we remain unchanged as the water inches higher and higher ready to put us under then were nerfed,

Aside engineer I guess but yeah the end result is the same and thus we were nerfed.

Also a game can’t thrive without proper balance I barely play anymore as is and just came in to check the notes. Your class is the window to which you experience the entire game. Thus by far its the most important aspect of the game to get right.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FokiFTW.6193

FokiFTW.6193

I feel Mesmer is in a spot where it’s good/decent everywhere, extraordinary in group content, if anything, be happy there were no nerfs

in Mesmer

SaltAndLight.4652

When the sea rises and all the other classes are buffed and uplifted while we remain unchanged as the water inches higher and higher ready to put us under then were nerfed

This is true. If most classes were buffed, and mesmer and engineer were not, then mesmer and engineer were nerfed by omission.

Its a very strong condi weapon,

Not really. The conditions on auto are a joke, mostly due to never getting the same buffs that other condition applying skills got when they reworked conditions, the phantasm is power based and the only other damaging condition is a random short poison in Chaos field that also never got the condi buff.

It is a good defensive weapon but that is mostly thanks to skill 2. Chaos field has been left behind by the power creep and chaos armor has a too high cd even if the protection was baseline, not to mention the attack that got attached to it is pretty terrible.

Regarding Staff, Phase Retreat and Chaos Storm, mainly due to the pulsing AoE interrupt and combo field, are the only things that are keeping Staff viable in my opinion.

No one can afford to run the Chaos trait line in sPvP.

The damage and conditions applied by Winds of Chaos (staff 1) are underwhelming. Increasing the duration of the randomly applied Burning to from 1 to 2 seconds and, as Ori suggested, improving the speed of the projectile and cool down of the skill would help.

Chaos Armor is better than it used to be now that it has an initial AoE attack, but still not consistently useful. I agree the cool down (30 seconds for a 5 second duration) is too high.

Chaos Storm did not get the same treatment as thieves Choking Gas (yet), which was nerfed due to it’s AoE daze and ability to control downed state situations. The pulsing interrupt is the most useful thing about this skill and the fact that it is a combo field helps. The random 4 seconds of poison is good, but the 1 second of Chill is useless. I would like to see the cool down of this skill reduced and Chills duration increased to 2-3 seconds.

Changes to staff are very unlikely however, as it is probably the most used mesmer weapon in sPvP outside of main hand sword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hibiskus.8294

Hibiskus.8294

Ok, i dont Play pvp much….but i noticed that, due to to randomization, you can not stack conditions good……and i mean it is a 2 hand weapon…and lesser dmg numbers than a 1 hand weapon (please dont nerf the 1 hand…it is the only one, where i feel that i make at least a little bit dmg)…..i would like to see: a little speed up for the cast from 1, a little dmg up for 1….. a Little bit faster cast time for the phantasm that you get with 3 (i mean it is the slowest attacking Phantasma ever)…

Also i would love to use it in pve…but when you are in a bigger Group..you are happy when you hit the enemie more than 1 time…..i mean it is nice that 1 bounces….and that it gives buffs for the Group….but the dmg numbers due to the bounce to Group members are underwhelming….

And i agree totally…the arguments that you bring, Levetty are totally right…. ^^

For the engineers: i hope you maybe grab some buffs too….(for us both in one of the next updates)….i wish us good luck and no nerfes for both classes…..

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

Waiting for balance changes is – IMO – pretty pointless.

Given the scarcity and individual small size of balance change patches, we can safely assume that the manpower dedicated to rebalancing is, at best, marginal. In other words by and large ANet cannot balance the game, as the game will change faster from meta shifts, expansions and unintended side effects of previous balance changes (or bugs) than they can keep up with balancing.

And I’d hate for development to slow down simply because they want to wait for balance, not a good option either.

I don’t think they can’t balance so much as their entire balance team is dedicated on the new elite specs, leaving the current classes mostly untouched. At least I want to hope they have a real balance team.

Still though, the longer they put off a true balance patch, teh more work it will be since they will have more elite specs to balance. It needs to happen before the second expax drops in my opinion.

in Mesmer

SaltAndLight.4652

due to to randomization, you can not stack conditions good……and i mean it is a 2 hand weapon…and lesser dmg numbers than a 1 hand weapon

This is true. It is challenging to stack conditions and damage is pitiful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

I suppose im the only one on this but i believe mesmer are in an ok spot no? Power got buffed last patch and condi got nerfed (double yey)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I suppose im the only one on this but i believe mesmer are in an ok spot no? Power got buffed last patch and condi got nerfed (double yey)

Thanks person who plays Mesmer in hot join and nowhere else in the game.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

I mean i can assume all kinds of things for you as well

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

What did you people expect? Anet to balance mesmer? They never could and never will.
We need icefrog for this.

in Mesmer

zealex.9410

what exacly is there to balance?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vagrant.7206

Vagrant.7206

Still though, the longer they put off a true balance patch, teh more work it will be since they will have more elite specs to balance. It needs to happen before the second expax drops in my opinion.

Honestly, if they did minor balance patches every week or two, they could take much longer to make the big overhaul balance patches.

The great god Lagki demands sacrifice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Honestly, if they did minor balance patches every week or two, they could take much longer to make the big overhaul balance patches.

No, no, that would imply that some level of thought and competence went into planning out the balance for this game.