Mesmer Build - PvE

Mesmer Build - PvE

in Mesmer

Posted by: aXDuONGH.1654

aXDuONGH.1654

Hello and welcome!
I am ForgottenSteak and hereby I present you my new Mesmer Build. Well, it isn’t actually new since I have been using this build for ages (quite successful), but I am going to try something new now and pusblish this build so that it doesn’t get lost.
Condition Damage is the most important attribute in this build and that’s why the staff and not the greatsword is used.
Like always, I would like to receive constructive criticism and if you have already tried this build out or are doing it right now, I would like you to give some feedback on how well you are able to cope with it.

Here is the link:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/mesmer-hybrid-build-2-0-mesmer-pve-open-world-dungeon-10173.html

If somebody is interested in my old build, you can find it here:
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/mesmer-pve-build-open-world-and-dungeon-open-world-pve-dungeon-mesmer-human-8220.html

Greetings,
ForgottenSteak

Mesmer Build - PvE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

As is stated with a lot of builds, you need to focus into either Phantasms or Shatters. I understand quick-swapping, but you have it set so that it’s still a mixture. There are Domination Adept Shatter Traits, yet you picked a Phantasm trait in conjunction with the Dueling Phantasm trait. Then you look at all the other traits and you went shatters. Consistency, my friend, consistency.

Additionally, if you’re running ConDmg, it’s typically better to have 3 staff clones out versus focusing on Warlock damage (unless it’s a boss that WILL have a ton of conditions on it and last for a while).

Mesmer Build - PvE

in Mesmer

Posted by: aXDuONGH.1654

aXDuONGH.1654

Hi, thanks for the feedback.
The reason I did not put any further points into Domination is that mobs in open-world pve don’t have high health values and that’s why you don’t need Rending Shatter in my opinion. They are also killed quite quickly and you have skills to evade their attacks, which is why I don’t take Crippling Dissipation. The other traits there are more suited for pvp than pve in my opinion. Why would you take a trait which removes boons from mobs?).
Another reason why I picked Sharper Images so that the staff clones can apply additional bleeding stacks through critting.

(edited by aXDuONGH.1654)

Mesmer Build - PvE

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Oh, it seems you misunderstood my point. Focusing a ConDmg build around Sharper Images (or at least traits) is a bad move. There are no Phantasms that attack really fast in your build. The two phantasms that it would affect the most to get the most bleed stacks out would be Duelist and Warden (Pistol and Focus respectively). Debilitating Dissipation in PvE is really underwhelming unless you’re just going to let your clones die and not focus on shattering at all, which then renders all your other traits useless. (Especially because it focuses on clones, not illusions.)

Basically, your build looks like it was built around being a shattercat, but then you decided at the last moment to be ConDmg and then focused on that instead. If you want a good basis for a ConDmg build, look at Osicats Shattercat or samski’s Condi.