Mesmer Butterfly Mask

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: MCHammond.1472

MCHammond.1472

I ended up buying the Eye of the North and doing the first 6 pionts Of HoM so I could get an armour that I thought actually worked well on a Nobel Female Mesmer Human.

Now I am looking for a mask and I was wondering if there was actualy a Butterfly mask in the game like the one that is used as the symbol for the mesmer.

Is Anet just trolling with that symbol or is there actualy a butterfly mask somewere in the game. I really need it to complete my Nobel Mesmer look.

Also all you common folk in your skimpy rags. Dignity, grace and elegance are the Mesmers weapons of ruse dont neglect them.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I hear you on the theme of a mesmer – but playing a male mesmer I find the typical cloth sets tend to “nancy” my character quite a bit.

The dungeon cloth sets venture more towards the feel of powerful adventurer rather than dancing queen, so that’s where I’ve been grinding up skins I’d like to show.

Some of the costume designers should understand that male casters often want to retain looking manly while retaining the themes of magic and mystery that that they are incorporating – ballroom gowns won’t cut it for a lot of us fellas.

Also sorry I haven’t come across your butterfly mask yet.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

I don’t think there is a butterfly mask specifically, but I know there are some masks that are from lower level tailoring.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

MCHammond.1472

Ok guys, thanks for your help.

I made an image to demonstrate my frustration with creating a Guild Wars 2 Mesmer:

Attachments:

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Wait till you see male scholars wearing feathered vestments.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

I know the feeling.

I miss the GW1’s Mesmer Elite Enchanter style of look for males, and Elite Noble look for females.

There was just something about beating down Charr and Undead, while wearing a suit that fit the Mesmer in my eyes.

Maybe ANet will bring it back as a Class Specific Armor? They do have Racial Specific Armor.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cantatus.4065

Cantatus.4065

Some of the costume designers should understand that male casters often want to retain looking manly while retaining the themes of magic and mystery that that they are incorporating – ballroom gowns won’t cut it for a lot of us fellas.

Compared to some other MMOs I’ve played casters in, I’m just thankful they didn’t go the route of sticking us only in robes.

Though, I hope at some point they add some sets of armor in that are class specific and made to reflect the idea of the class. A mesmer seems to lend itself more to a ritzier and, perhaps, flashier set of armor than the other cloth classes.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marxo.3829

Marxo.3829

I can appreciate that Cantatus, but when you combine -robes- with flourishy design it come comes across to the modern human eye as an evening gown. If they were do do the same sort of styling with say, a pants (not tights!) or a formal jacket, it might work better. The cloth HoM gear is somewhat like this and so are GW1 mesmer, albeit simpler and plainer designs. Or just go the route of high spellcaster – for some reason Jafar from Aladdin comes to mind though that’s probably going too far.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I also don’t like the Go-Go Dancer look- I’ll go so far as to say I detest it.
When I made my Mesmer I had a vision of an elegant, alluring, illusion-spinner.
This is what she looks like now- I have been slowly working towards my vision and I must say I am very happy with her atm

Attachments:

Gunnar’s Hold

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: McKnighter.6472

McKnighter.6472

I personally want a blazer and pants for my female Mesmer. Have your silly skirts, give me a blazer or a trench coat and I will be a very happy person.

Does anyone know if such exists?

(Baroness) Noria Dolance, Human Mesmer
Tandrel, Sylvari Guardian

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

MCHammond.1472

I agree, the light armour sets lack a single pants option. Every one covers the legs and bum with some robe or drape. In Guild Wars 1 the mesmer females wore alot of pant suits and trousers almost like jesters, which is what I kind of think mesmers are.

Just incase you are wondering this is what the Light HoM armour looks like:

Attachments:

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sannin.7390

Sannin.7390

What about the beginner masks we get to choose from at character creation? not butterfly persay but in that line. Sadly i destroyed mine when i had a replacement for it. Wish there was some way to get it back now that i’ve learned about transmorgify

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: alicendre.1245

alicendre.1245

I agree, the light armour sets lack a single pants option.

The first crafting set (embroidered) has pants.

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

MCHammond.1472

I agree, the light armour sets lack a single pants option.

The first crafting set (embroidered) has pants.

Talk about selective quoting! the next line puts it into context.

I agree, the light armour sets lack a single pants option. Every one covers the legs and bum with some robe or drape.

The harem legging that you mention have a drapped piece on fabic like a skirt that covers the bum and thighs, they are not pants.

(edited by MCHammond.1472)

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crion.8465

Crion.8465

I’ve been using the beginner mask since I started my mesmer, I keep transmuting new head items to use the mask appearance since it’s the only fully face covering mask I’ve found, and I love venetian style masks.
I’m hoping we’ll see masks like this in the future:
http://venetianmasks.thetaworld.biz/images/N0900.jpg

One can hope.. :p

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

MCHammond.1472

There is one very similar to that in the HoM rewards:
http://static.hom.guildwars2.com/img/rewards/12-modal.415142650.jpg

Mesmer Butterfly Mask

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knote.2904

Knote.2904

There’s always the Sylvari. One of the male faces looks like it’s wearing a mask made of leaves in the shape of a butterfly.

Probably doesn’t help, but…