https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

MESMER
General
Phantasms damage increased by 15%.
Summoned clones will now show your equipped offhand.
Fixed a bug which caused underwater clones to not show tridents.
Fixed an issue where the Illusionary Rogue’s attack was being listed as “Smoke Bomb” in the combat log. It is now referred to as “Shadow Assault”.
Skills
Mesmer skills which create bouncing projectiles now bounce 1 additional time.
Reduced recharge on Glamour skills by 20%.
Using any shatter skill now creates the shatter effect on you as well by default.
Mantras now give 600 toughness while channeling them.
Manipulation skill range increased to 1200
Pistol skills used by you and your illusions have had their range increased to 1200
Mind Wrack: Reduced recharge to 12 seconds.
Cry of Frustration: Reduced recharge to 25 seconds.
Diversion: Reduced recharge to 38 seconds. Now shows number of targets dazed (1) when untraited.
Distortion: Reduced recharge to 50 seconds. When affected by traits such as Maim the Disillusioned and Illusionary Retribution this skill now strikes 1 target.
Chaos Storm – Increased poison duration from 2 seconds to 4 seconds.
Confusing Images: Added one additional strike to this skill. Strikes from this skill now display an additive total rather than individual hits. This skill now activates 50% faster.
Ether Clone (Scepter skill 1 chain 3): Adjusted the timing of this attack to flow better with the other attacks in the chain. The projectile is now launched sooner, but he attack has slightly longer aftercast. The number of clones generated per second by this chain is unchanged.
Feedback: This skill now requires a target. This change address an issue which allowed this skill to be cast at an unspecified location if the player did not have a target.
Ineptitude (Trident skill 2): This skill has been renamed to “Blinding Tide”
Illusionary Defender: Updated description of this skill to more accurately describe that it also absorbs damage directed at allies. Functionality has not been changed.
Illusionary Leap: Increased the delay before the clone is summoned by about 0.25 seconds to allow players to start casting this skill while moving within range and not have it fail. Speed up attack of illusion by about 0.35 seconds to allow better tracking against moving targets.
Mass Invisibility: This skill is now classified as a Manipulation.
Mimic: Updated functionality of this skill. This skill now causes the next utility slot skill you use within 10 seconds to recharge in 1 second. Increased recharge to 90 seconds.
Mirror: This skill is now classified as a manipulation. Additionally it now has a unique “Mirror” buff that can be applied by traits.
Polymorph Moa: This skill has been renamed to “Signet of Humility” and is now classified as a signet skill. Its passive effect reduces the duration of stun, daze, fear and taunt by 20%. Its active effect remains unchanged.
Polymorph Moa – Kick: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.
Polymorph Moa – Flee: Movement speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

Phantasmal Mage: Instead of inflicting confusion on foes an granting retaliation on allies, this phantasm now inflicts 1 stack of burning for 6 seconds on foes an grants 3 seconds of fury to allies. Removed undocumented condition removal from this phantasm
Portal: Attempting to create a second portal entrance while you have an active portal will destroy the active portal.
Signet of Illusions: Reduced recharge to 60 seconds. This skill now specifies which skills it recharges.
Signet of Inspiration: Reduced recharge of this skill to 30 seconds. The passive for this signet now gives 5 seconds of swiftness plus one other random boon every 10 seconds. It no longer gives swiftness as one of it’s random boons.
Signet of Midnight: The passive for this signet now gives 20% condition duration instead of 10% boon duration.
Spinning Revenge (Trident 3): This still now applies chaos armor to you when cast.
Time Warp: This skill is now classified as a Glamour. It now pulses 1 second of slow every second on foes in the affected area in addition to it’s previous effect of quickness on allies.
Mind Wrack recharge reduced from 15s to 12s.
Cry of Frustration recharge reduced from 30s to 15s
Diversion recharge reduced from kitten to 38s
Distortion recharge reduced from 60s to 50s

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

Traits (This system has undergone significant changes. The following traits are a full representation of the new core specialization lines.)
Domination:
Minor
Illusion of Vulnerability: Interrupting a foe inflicts 3 stacks of vulnerability for 5 seconds.
Dazzling: Dazing a foe inflicts 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds.
Fragility: Deal 0.5% more damage to foes for each stack of vulnerability on them.
Adept:
Confounding Suggestions: Increases daze and stun duration on foes by 25%. When you would daze a foe, you stun them instead (5s ICD). Fixed a bug which caused this trait to not update the skill facts for the racial skills Technobabble and Raven Shriek.
Empowered Illusions: Your illusions deal 15% more damage.
Rending Shatter: Shatter skills inflict 1 stack of vulnerability for 8 seconds on foes they hit.
Master:
Shattered Concentration: Shatter skills remove 1 boon from foes they hit.
Blurred Inscriptions: Reduces recharge of signet skill by 20%. Gain distortion and remove 1 condition when you use a signet.
Furious Interruption: Gain quickness for 3 seconds whenever you interrupt a foe (5s ICD).
Grandmaster:
Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of Greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple for 2s when they hit.
Mental Anguish: Shatter skills deal 15% more damage. This bonus damage is doubled on foes that are not activating skills.
Power Block: Interrupting a foe inflicts damage and causes weakness for 5s. Additionally if the interrupted skill has a recharge time greater than 0 it is put on a 15 second recharge.

Dueling:
Minor:
Critical Infusion: Gain vigor for 5s when you critical hit.
Sharper Images: Your illusions inflict 1 stack of bleeding for 5s when they critical hit.
Confusing Combatants: You and your illusions inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds on critical hit (33% chance).
Adept:
Phantasmal Fury: Your phantasms gain 10 seconds of fury every 10 seconds.
Desperate Decoy: Cast Decoy when you are struck while below 50% health. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Master of Manipulation.
Duelist’s Discipline: Pistol skills recharge 25% of their full recharge when you interrupt a foe. Pistol attacks from you and your illusions have a 33% chance to inflict 2 stacks of bleeding for 5 seconds.
Master:
Blinding Dissipation: Whenever you use a shatter skill you blind foes around you for 3 seconds.
Evasive Mirror: Whenever you successfully evade an attack, gain a projectile reflecting barrier for 1.5 seconds (1.5s ICD).
Fencer’s Finesse: Reduces recharge of sword skills by 20%. Whenever you or an illusion hits with a sword attack you gain a stack of Fencer’s Finesse that gives 15 ferocity for 6 seconds (maximum 10 stacks).
Grandmaster:
Harmonious Mantras: Mantra skills can be activated 3 times before needing to be channeled again. Whenever you use a mantra skill gain a stack of Harmonious Mantras for 8 seconds which increases your damage by 4% per stack (maximum 5 stacks).
Mistrust: Whenever you interrupt a foe inflict 2 stacks of confusion for 6 seconds to foes in a radius around your target.
Deceptive Evasion: Whenever you use a dodge roll you create a clone.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

Chaos:
Minor:
Metaphysical Rejuvenation: Gain regeneration for 10s when you are struck while below 75% health (15s ICD).
Illusionary Membrane: Gain protection for 3 seconds whenever you gain regeneration (15s ICD)
Chaotic Persistence: Each unique boon on you increases the duration of your outgoing condition and boon duration by 3%.
Adept:
Descent into Madness: Take 50% less falling damage. Cast Chaos Storm when you take falling damage. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Chaotic Dampening.
Illusionary Defense: Each active illusion you control reduces incoming damage to you by 3%.
Master of Manipulation: Reduces recharge of Manipulation skills by 20%. Gain Mirror for 2 seconds whenever you activate a Manipulation skill.
Master:
Mirror of Anguish: If you are inflicted by a crowd control effect you inflict the same effect on your opponent (60s ICD). Added taunt to the list of crowd control effects that trigger this trait.
Chaotic Transference: Gain condition damage equal to 10% of your toughness.
Chaotic Dampening: When you gain Chaos Armor you also gain protection for 5 seconds. While you have Chaos Armor your staff and trident skills recharge by 5% of their full recharge every second.
Grandmaster:
Chaotic Interruption: Whenever you interrupt a foe you inflict immobilize on them for 2 seconds and gain 5 stacks of might for 10 seconds. Additionally you inflict a second random condition on your foe and apply a second random boon to yourself. Removed might as an option for the second random boon.
Prismatic Understanding: Stealth applied by your mesmer skills lasts 100% longer. Additionally every second you are stealthed you randomly gain aegis, might, protection, regeneration or swiftness.
Bountiful Disillusionment: Whenever you use a shatter skill you gain 1 stack of stability for 5s. Based on the shatter used allies around you can gain Might, Vigor, Fury or Regeneration.

Inspiration:
Minor:
Mender’s Purity: Whenever you use a healing skill you cast Power Cleanse. This trait benefits from Harmonious Mantras.
Inspiring Distortion: Whenever you grant distortion to yourself, you also grant it to nearby allies for 1 second (5s ICD)
Healing Prism: Each illusion you control grants you 100 healing power. Whenever you heal yourself, you heal nearby allies by a small amount.
Adept:
Medic’s Feedback: Revive allies 10% faster. When you start reviving an ally cast Feedback. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Temporal Enchanter.
Restorative Mantras: When you finish preparing a mantra you heal allies around you.
Persisting Images: Phantasms you summon spawn with retaliation for 6 seconds and have 20% more health.
Master:
Warden’s Feedback: Focus weapon skills reflect projectiles and have their recharge reduced by 20%.
Restorative Illusions: Using a shatter skill removes 1 condition from you and heals you based on the number of illusions shattered.
Protected Phantasms: Newly summoned phantasms gain distortion for 1 second. When you use a shatter skill, all illusions gain protection for 2 seconds.
Grandmaster:
Mental Defense: Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack cast Phantasmal Defender on your attacker. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Illusionist’s Celerity and Persistence of Memory.
llusionary Inspiration: Phantasms grant 3 seconds regeneration to allies near them every 3 seconds. If you have any boons when you summon a phantasm you cast Signet of Inspiration. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Blurred Inscriptions.
Temporal Enchanter: Glamour skills last an additional 2 seconds. When you first create any glamour nearby allies within the glamour radius gain 2 seconds of superspeed and 3 seconds of resistance.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

last one

Illusions:
Minor:
Illusionary Retribution: All shatter skills inflict 1 stack of confusion for 3 seconds when they hit.
Illusionist’s Celerity: Reduces recharge of illusion-summoning skills by 20%.
Master of Misdirection: Confusion you inflict lasts 33% longer. Reduces recharge on shatter skills by 15%.
Adept:
Compounding Power: Deal 3% increased damage and gain 50 condition damage for each illusion you control. Fixed a bug which caused this trait to be non-functional while downed.
Persistence of Memory: When a phantasm shatters all phantasm skills have their recharge reduced by 2 seconds.
The Pledge: Torch skills remove 1 condition from you when activated. While you are stealthed torch skills recharge 1.5% of their maximum recharge every second.
Master:
Shattered Strength: Gain 1 stack of might for 10 seconds per illusion when you use a shatter skill.
Phantasmal Haste: Phantasms attack skill recharge is reduced by 20%, causing them to attack more often. Fixed a bug which cause this trait to have no effect on some phantasms.
Maim the Disillusioned. Shatter skills inflict 2 stacks of torment for 6 seconds on foes they hit.
Grandmaster:
Ineptitude: Inflict 1 stack of confusion for 4 seconds whenever you blind a foe. Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack your attacker is blinded for 3 seconds (10s ICD per foe).
Master of Fragmentation: Enhances the effect of shatter skills. Mind Wrack has a 10% increased critical hit chance. Cry of Frustration inflicts cripple for 3 seconds on struck foes. Diversion hits up to 5 targets. Distortion reflects projectiles.
Malicious Sorcery: Reduces recharge of scepter skills by 20%. Increases attack speed by 15% while wielding a scepter.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Solori.6025

And that thread was JUST locked…. -_-

Edit:
Apparently it was incomplete :I

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

After a brief skim, I must praise Lyssa for her benevolence.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Changes look INCREDIBLE. So much fantastic stuff.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Imagined Burden: Reduces recharge of Greatsword skills by 20%. Gain 2 stacks of might for 5 seconds whenever you or an illusion uses Spacial Surge. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple for 2s when they hit.

I like this, I like this a lot.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I gotta say, I’m incredibly pleased with these changes, all of them. I think the rework to trait placement in illusions is really perfect, I think mimic is awesome, and I can’t wait to test out a whole bunch of other stuff.

PvE mesmers got thrown a bone with that sword trait, which is really nice, pMage got a good rework, and I’m loving the pDefender on evasion trait, since the primary drawback of pDefender is the cast time.

Basically, I’m surprisingly pleased with really everything in the mesmer changes, wasn’t expecting that.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Yeah, I gotta say, I’m incredibly pleased with these changes, all of them. I think the rework to trait placement in illusions is really perfect, I think mimic is awesome, and I can’t wait to test out a whole bunch of other stuff.

PvE mesmers got thrown a bone with that sword trait, which is really nice, pMage got a good rework, and I’m loving the pDefender on evasion trait, since the primary drawback of pDefender is the cast time.

Basically, I’m surprisingly pleased with really everything in the mesmer changes, wasn’t expecting that.

Just a question pyro, What’s up with all these cripple sources (shatter GM Trait tho, GS GM trait, ranger traps cripple too) do you think cripple will get a rework too?

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I’m very happy with all the changes they did. Buff everything, make everyone happy. Everyone is OP in their own way.

What made me more pleased :

- Sword ferocity
- Listened to the weird cooldown reduction from GS and Scepter. Gave them flat reductions.
- Scepter activating and speed buff, making it interesting with Shield and Sword.

Got interested by :
- Mental Defense: Whenever you successfully block or evade an attack cast Phantasmal Defender on your attacker. This trait benefits from the recharge bonus provided by Illusionist’s Celerity and Persistence of Memory.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Just a question pyro, What’s up with all these cripple sources (shatter GM Trait tho, GS GM trait, ranger traps cripple too) do you think cripple will get a rework too?

Well, it just did get a minor rework, it doesn’t affect movement skills anymore. In general though, I think they recognize the need to help a glassy mesmer control their targets. A big failing of glassy mesmer is that you can burst, and then you’re really vulnerable. Cripple is an intensely strong control condition, and keeping your enemy crippled through constant pressure will allow you to control a fight better.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

It really looks like they took some of our criticisms to heart (see the sword trait). Once again, Anet is making a fantastic turn around showing us that they are making an effort with our class. I’ve been happy with them since they initially showed changes, and they just keep getting better.

On a brief over view, it seems like they sorta tried to make things better in PvE as well.

I also have hope that “Malignant Inscriptions” can still be a thing… And that Inspiration trait line. omg.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Even buffier than before! Cool!

PolyMoa turning into a Signet is pretty unexpected, but I dig it. Strong passive on that, too. Time Warp is now a mini-Well. Mimic looks super cool combined with some of our other strong utility skills.

I’m particularly impressed that most of the lackluster-looking traits from the last preview picked up new effects. Cripple on the GS trait, Regeneration on Illusionary Inspiration (which was already looking good), Resistance on Temporal Enchanter, Blind on block/evade for Ineptitude.

Scepter buffs seem pretty legit, too. Zippier chain (you can cancel the after-cast by using another skill, right?), and its GM trait increases your attack speed. That’s on top of the buff it got from the condi changes.

And then there are all the traits that we get for free now!

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

The new mimic skill looks really interesting.
It could also have great synergy with the new F5 with chronomancer. Looking forward to some crazy tricks you guys come up with.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

We’ve got new support-y stuff in Inspiration that’s really cool, like a Distortionist build[Distortionshare? Team Distortioning? Maybe Invulnshare? Nothing catchy comes to mind] where we can combine our signets, shatters, and phantasms to give allies distortion every 5 seconds and good regen. I can also see some possible good use for Mental Defense in a sword build so that I can get up-close and personal with an iDefender or two in tow to help tank that damage with some possible easy condi cleansing and heal from Restorative Illusions. All around, great support options.

What really got me was Time Warp. It’ll be Slowing and Quickening without any extra traits! Hell, we can trait for Super Speed and the enemy will be practically standing still in comparison. How fun!

And, while many trait shifting between lines and tiers were surprising, the one I’m Auber-excited for is MtD! They made it freakin’ Master tier! This’ll open up some options for condi mesmers looking into Illusion’s GM’s, which have all been redone in one way or another to all look very appealing.

Can’t wait to be trying these out~

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Not sure on the cooldown but mimic with chrono will be pretty crazy.

I’d prefere the boon duration on signet of Midnight.

I’m not too sure on Phantasmal mage we will have to see, will probably work out better but I do wonder why all our fury access is so short.

Really liking the new GS and sword cooldown traits. A lot.

Unexpected and nice buff to Time Warp.

Inspiration is looking better but I still think it the galmour trait is rather poor.

Confusing images buff! New scepter trait should help make the weapon feel better but maim builds now getting a source of cripple with Master of Fragmentation will be tough to give up.

I still don’t think they have done much in regards to giving incentives for phantasm builds using shatters though other then they will just have to.

Dissapointed that we are still lacking in blast finishers.

Overall I like them, much better then I was expecting.

(edited by Levetty.1279)

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

I’m also loving the synergy in chaos.

You’ve got faster cooldowns on staff skills from chaotic dampening, and that gives you prot, which is a boon. Then staff skills give you boons, and then all 3 grandmasters in chaos pump out boons when you use them.

Then you’ve got the minor that increases outgoing condition/boon duration by 3% per unique boon on you.

I’m really loving the synergy in these traits.

Other fun things include how the 15% scepter action speed buff will make the block trigger faster, and note that mender’s purity ‘is affected by harmonious mantras’, which means that using mender’s purity, heal mantra, and harmonious mantras will double-tap on the mantra buff when you activate the heal.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Good stuff. I hope everyone doesn’t start playing Mesmer now.

The Burninator

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Robert Gee, I know I’ve been a bit of a downer on you, but I gotta say I’m impressed that you’ve been reading the forums and chosen to implement really good changes that include good stuff for PvE mesmers as well.

Most of the traits have been revamped to be really well done. I do wish some stuff was made baseline like warden’s feedback but that’s minor.

Now you just need to…buff mesmer autoattacks and address illusion survivability in dungeons and wvw in regards to aoe spam.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

condie shatter can be quite good especially after the condition gets enhanced by vulnerability. Now you can actually benefit a lot from domination line for condie shatter to do crazy damage.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Nerf phantasmal mage ? now inflict 1 burning and 1 fury on allies? or continues to inflict retaliation and confusion with burn and rage? please clarify doubts ¡¡

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

I LOVE almost everything I’m seeing. Only thing that is missing is Ether Feast… what did it become? Did i miss something?

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Nerf phantasmal mage ? now inflict 1 burning and 1 fury on allies? or continues to inflict retaliation and confusion with burn and rage? please clarify doubts ¡¡

Burning and Fury only~

Unsure of the stacks, but if it’s only one burning that’d be a shame[since we had 4 Confusion stacks before]. Though might be fine since Burning is quite powerful. Fury might also be useful for our condi builds for condi-on-crit minors in Dueling.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: fluxit.8247

fluxit.8247

I love all of these changes. I even squealed when I saw a couple of them.

The only change I didnt like was the lack of change with thiefs stolen skill ectoplasm and their new improvisation trait which allows them to use it kittenING TWICE as if once wasnt bad enough.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Well, it just did get a minor rework, it doesn’t affect movement skills anymore. In general though, I think they recognize the need to help a glassy mesmer control their targets. A big failing of glassy mesmer is that you can burst, and then you’re really vulnerable. Cripple is an intensely strong control condition, and keeping your enemy crippled through constant pressure will allow you to control a fight better.

Fair points, so they are bandaiding the warrior nike cripple immunity by boosting sources.

Good changes, too bad, TE is still bad, superspeed on feedback? so now you can target with allies with feedback im guessing?

BB got a nice perk, too bad it competes with malicious sorcery (WHICH HAS A BLOCK, .smh)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I’m liking the changes!
Inspiration still feels a bit all over the place… some of the traits still feel very ‘selfish’ and only affect you or your phantasms. Persisting Images and Protected Phantasms, for example.

Scepter is the most surprising to me… Some solid buffs there that I can’t wait to try out. Will Insp/Ill/Chrono be a crazy illusion factory? 2 phantasms from the shield and Deja Vu, another Defender on-demand from the block, plus a 15% faster attack speed on the auto… all with heavy Alacrity up-time and reduced cooldowns from Illusions…

Mimic looks awesome as well. Doubling up on a utility, essentially, could be amazing. Feedback, Glamour, and Null field immediately come to mind. Our wells are great candidates too… Gosh.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

2 phantasms from the shield and Deja Vu, another Defender on-demand from the block, plus a 15% faster attack speed on the auto… all with heavy Alacrity up-time and reduced cooldowns from Illusions…

Only problem with using Shield 4 and the iDefender trait is that the Defender will overwrite one of your iCaptainAmericas.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Tough choices for Inspiration Master. WF and PP (looks like no CD) are both really good, and RI is quite nice too.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

2 phantasms from the shield and Deja Vu, another Defender on-demand from the block, plus a 15% faster attack speed on the auto… all with heavy Alacrity up-time and reduced cooldowns from Illusions…

Only problem with using Shield 4 and the iDefender trait is that the Defender will overwrite one of your iCaptainAmericas.

Not if you shatter them!
I’ve been trying to think of builds which could shatter but without the dependency on Dueling for DE. The volume of phantasms/clones with shield+scepter might just be enough!

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Burning and Fury only~

Unsure of the stacks, but if it’s only one burning that’d be a shame[since we had 4 Confusion stacks before]. Though might be fine since Burning is quite powerful. Fury might also be useful for our condi builds for condi-on-crit minors in Dueling.

oh no …. ¡¡¡¡ I hope they put as it was before, or to increase the burn for 2 stack, although I prefer 1 x confusion and 1 x burn, or 4x confusion. U.U

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Possibly, but that depends on the order. If it goes iD>iC then the iD will be overwritten. If iC>iD, then the iC will be overwritten. This’ll need to be clarified later on, though we’re far far away from getting Elite Specs for now.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Let’s be serious here guys. How often will you have 3 phantasms out for longer than 10s? And if you are tanky or have enough sustain, you wouldn’t foolishly be smashing away at clone summoning skills anyway right?!

eta – even when I was running a clerics signet tank build, I never had the opportunity to overwrite phantasms with other phantasms.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Ah, also, I just remembered: That Trait which summons iDefender will have iDefender’s CD on it as well, so we’ll just be getting two Captain Americas and 1 iDefender. Works out.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: goldenwing.9654

goldenwing.9654

I might actually use that poly signet.. and I love how they changed Mimic a second time. Most changed ability in the game xD

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

Illusionary Leap: Increased the delay before the clone is summoned by about 0.25 seconds to allow players to start casting this skill while moving within range and not have it fail. Speed up attack of illusion by about 0.35 seconds to allow better tracking against moving targets.

This does look like a slight nerf to me that our most used combo burst will be 0.25 slower.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

This does look like a slight nerf to me that our most used combo burst will be 0.25 slower.

Meh, worth it given all the rest we got. Won’t be too bad.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: yhvh.8703

yhvh.8703

Scepter speed trait + iDefender on evade + Deceptive Evasion

Not thinking very much, but this combo means that the clone factory builds are even crazier?

I was too hyped with engi changes, but seeing the Mesmer, wow, so many good things.

I’m not a theorycrafter, but what is the general consensus on a supportive mesmer according to these changes?

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Yeah, I’m excited for the changes. Lots of new stuff, but some stuff was looked over.

-no change to Consume Plasma

The new Mimic sounds really cool, but nothing was done to Arcane Thievery? (just the baseline 1200 range increase) How about a reduced cooldown or up the number of conditions/boons transferred??

Mirror of Anguish is unchanged, its just re-worded to accurately state what it does. Meanwhile, Ranger’s get a similar “Shared Anguish” that transfers CC to their pet. They both have the same 60 second ICD. It rarely got used before, so why would it we take it now?

Would of been nice to see a little more Glamour love? Besides just the reduced recharge and Temporal Enchanter trait.

How about more field finisher’s in OUR skills? Freaking Engi has got finisher’s up the wazooo!!!!

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Dondagora.9645

Not thinking very much, but this combo means that the clone factory builds are even crazier?

I was too hyped with engi changes, but seeing the Mesmer, wow, so many good things.

I’m not a theorycrafter, but what is the general consensus on a supportive mesmer according to these changes?

Note that iDefender trait is basically on a 16-20 second ICD due to the traits which use skills inheriting the CD of that skill as well, since it’s basically casting a shadow version of it.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Note that iDefender trait is basically on a 16-20 second ICD due to the traits which use skills inheriting the CD of that skill as well, since it’s basically casting a shadow version of it.

Yup. Combined with Signet of Ether and Ilusionist’s Celerity and Persistence of Memory you’ll be popping out iDefenders at a pretty good rate. I’m very curious about an Inspiration/Illusions/Chronomancer build.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: castlemanic.3198

castlemanic.3198

For anyone who’s wondering what happened to ether feast, i think it might be the same thing as the guardian shelter:

Ye what about Shelter as Mora asked? Is it going to be under the meditations category or consecrations category?

Shelter will not be getting a skill category. It would probably need to be adjusted in someway if we did do it – and it’s fine where it is right now.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

holy kitten i came back to Gw2 at the right time i love these mesmer changes!

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

double veil for WvW !

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Exciton.8942

double veil for WvW !

And a few engineers happily throw some aoes on top with Lock on trait.
The majority of your zerg will be revealed!

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Well, that’s the funny side of have new things. We are only one piece of the puzzle and devs are the only one with the tools to adjust it. So, have fun theorycrafting and finding new builds, team composition, etc. We can see some funny weeks in the horizon. Plus the expansion.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

double veil for WvW !

And a few engineers happily throw some aoes on top with Lock on trait.
The majority of your zerg will be revealed!

Its probably a poorly worded sentence that cause your misunderstanding, but Lock On has an ICD, meaning it’ll only reveal the first person in stealth then go into CD. Same idea as our glamour zerg build in the past.

P.S. unless specified like our Ineptitude, where it says ICD per foe

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Few disappointments like restorative illusions, confusing combatant and loss of 50% torment damage, but I generally like the change.