Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Someone call the IT department.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/56741824.jpg

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

I’m liking most of the changes, but looking at the other classes’ changes it looks like running a build with little or no condi removal is much less feasible. Unfortunately most of the condi removal is in the Inspiration line (which still sucks). Also I hope they change The Pledge back to a flat recharge reduction rather than the bizarre 1.5%/sec in stealth.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Thinking about Fencer’s Finesse though. At 10 stacks it caps at 150 ferocity, which is what Warrior’s and Ranger’s (whatever thats worth) axe traits get passively, wheresas you will probably need a few sword clones out hitting things to get that.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Thinking about Fencer’s Finesse though. At 10 stacks it caps at 150 ferocity, which is what Warrior’s and Ranger’s (whatever thats worth) axe traits get passively, wheresas you will probably need a few sword clones out hitting things to get that.

Its not that hard to reach 10 stacks (at least in pve), from what i understand, any sword attack will apply the ferocity stack, so hopefully you only need to blurred frenzy (8-hit) and couple of aa then you’re all set.

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Yeah, I gotta say, I’m incredibly pleased with these changes, all of them. I think the rework to trait placement in illusions is really perfect, I think mimic is awesome, and I can’t wait to test out a whole bunch of other stuff.

PvE mesmers got thrown a bone with that sword trait, which is really nice, pMage got a good rework, and I’m loving the pDefender on evasion trait, since the primary drawback of pDefender is the cast time.

Basically, I’m surprisingly pleased with really everything in the mesmer changes, wasn’t expecting that.

Haha, Anet finally managed to please the grumpy Pyro. Keep up the good work Anet =P.

But seriously,
The changes to iMage (my PU Mantra of Pain build can now have access to Fury)
and summon iDefender on block/evade are amazing (sword offhand block —> 2 illusions out, this should work well in support tanky shatter builds that trait into Inspiration instead of Dueling).
And these are just 2 examples of many great changes we got.

(edited by keenlam.4753)

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Now that I’ve crashed from my hype high i’m seeing a few things that i’m less than thrilled about.

The Pledge- REQUIRES prismatic understanding to be useful and at least one other form of stealth, otherwise the cooldown reduction is basically non-existent. With the way it is now it should just be combined with PU as a chaos GM.

Phantasmal Mage- 6 seconds of Burning? Using their new formula for burning we’re looking at 131.5dmg/sec with no condition dmg, 441.5dmg/sec with 2,000. Overall… not impressive at all. I guess giving us access to fury is meant to make up for this? Thematically, it makes way more sense for the mage to inflict buring (imo), but the dmg is really unimpressive. Hopefully they adjust the mage’s physical dmg up a bit to make up for it, or adjust the burning to something like 2 stacks for 4 secs.

Confusing Combatants- 33% chance on crit… we’re double gated from this effect now? Even in full rampagers armor that’s a fairly low proc rate considering the potency of the effect. I understand it was very powerful before, but should be closer to 50-66% on crit or have it be a flat 33% chance or have its duration increased.

Ether Feast- Didn’t become anything… could have at least made it a glamour. It doesn’t make any sense, but at least you could trait it to give super speed and short duration resistance.

There were a few other minor things that i cant think of atm…

anyone else seeing these items as problems?

Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Ether Feast- Didn’t become anything… could have at least made it a glamour. It doesn’t make any sense, but at least you could trait it to give super speed and short duration resistance.

What, being our best Heal isn’t enough on its own?

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger