Mesmer Condition Removal Problem

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Mesmer Inspiration Line

This is such a required traitline for condition removal (with the state of conditions in the game). Mender’s Purity and Restorative Illusions. Yes you can take null field or Cleanse Mantra but we gotta remember, Any decent mesmer MUST run portal. So 2 slots left. 1 Will be left for a Stun Breaker. and the other should be a condition removal. Cleanse Mantra is Very Clunky to use, Null field is such a long CD and the condition Removal is not instant. You can still get condi bombed.

Solution: Make condition removal be located on weapon sets like Ele Earth Focus 4 or Thief Sword so You are not pigeonholed into running Inspiration

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Or better yet, how about we bring more to the game than just Portal.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

To be fair we have slight condition removal on torch with the pledge but it’s only one per skill. Also with signets but it’s a large effort to create something viable with those.

Dishonorable mention for the iDisenchanter /facepalm, but again that’s a utility slot.

EDIT: And another dishonorable mention for arcane thievery

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

(edited by skcamow.3527)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Mesmers have condition removal from Mantra of Resolve, Well of Eternity, Blurred Inscriptions (trait in dominations) with signets, Null Field , torch’s the pledge trait (illusions), arcane thievery, disenchanter (very unreliably).

You can also use physical projectile (Mirror Blade or Magic Bullet)/ whirl ( Phantasmal Warden/ Berserker) in a light field (Temporal Curtain / Veil / Well of Eternity).

edit: I don’t feel that it is the Mender’s Purity that’s very strong, using Mantra of Recovery is the only time it would be removing significantly more often than using Mantra of Resolve and that has a tradeoff of less burst healing. Restorative Illusions on the other hand I feel should have had an internal cooldown since it doesn’t require illusions for the condition removal/heal….

Also if you add untraited condi removal to mesmer weapon it’d better be 15+ recharge such as on staff 4, sword 5, GS 5, or on another skill with little effect other than as a defensive weapon. You’d also have to consider to restrict it to removal of a subset of conditions akin to untraited warrior warhorn.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Mesmers have condition removal from Mantra of Resolve, Well of Eternity, Blurred Inscriptions (trait in dominations) with signets, Null Field , torch’s the pledge trait (illusions), arcane thievery, disenchanter (very unreliably).

You can also use physical projectile (Mirror Blade or Magic Bullet)/ whirl ( Phantasmal Warden/ Berserker) in a light field (Temporal Curtain / Veil / Well of Eternity).

edit: I don’t feel that it is the Mender’s Purity that’s very strong, using Mantra of Recovery is the only time it would be removing significantly more often than using Mantra of Resolve and that has a tradeoff of less burst healing. Restorative Illusions on the other hand I feel should have had an internal cooldown since it doesn’t require illusions for the condition removal/heal….

Also if you add untraited condi removal to mesmer weapon it’d better be 15+ recharge such as on staff 4, sword 5, GS 5, or on another skill with little effect other than as a defensive weapon.

Of all those options you listed… They all pale in comparison to the Inspiration trait line. Especially the ones that requires trying to time an AI spinning into a light field…
And I disagree with RI having a ICD, our class mechanic is based around shattering, we self-shatter, its one condition, and a small heal with crap healing power scaling. Its not like its going to make that big of a difference when you eat a full condi burst.
Also, the shortest Signet CD is 24 seconds on SoI and SoM other wise the CD’s are as long or longer than Null Field and no where near as short as an RI MW condi clear. the also only clear 1 condi, just like RI. So Unless Im running a full signet build(never happening) Signets are out.
Torch clear is again. 1 condi clear per use. The shortest cd is 24 seconds, but can be cut shorter if you in stealth. Again, this does not compete with Inspiration’s condi clear.
Arguably the best route that should have been taken was for Anet to maintain the condi clear on well’s end trait instead of its present form because it could potentially compete with Inspiration. As it stands, unless you are going for a specific build, i.e a mantra or signet build, then Inspiration is a hands down winner.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

Also if you add untraited condi removal to mesmer weapon it’d better be 15+ recharge such as on staff 4, sword 5, GS 5, or on another skill with little effect other than as a defensive weapon. You’d also have to consider to restrict it to removal of a subset of conditions akin to untraited warrior warhorn.

Your list is ridiculous. Try and make a pvp build with good condition removal that doesn’t involve the inspiration line. Just listing condition removals out of context (including blast fields) is silly. The reality is very different. Mes were designed with various limitations in mind since GW2 launch, condition removal being one of them. If you build for decent condition cleansing you are giving up dps one way or another. For PvE in most cases it isn’t an issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

You don’t need condition removal as a mandatory function to make Mesmer work.

Know your enemy first and foremost and learn to disengage when you need to.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

This is false. I do not know on what MMR you play at but in High MMR matches, you might as well just afk if you do not have any cleanses.

Knowing your enemy is like 5% of the equation. You will never ever beat any condition class without a cleanse. It’s impossible. (Assuming equal skill)

Every class needs condition removal of atleast 1 source.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Or is it the condie spam way too strong in this game?

Historially, power shatter mesmer has been running around with no condie cleanse for the longest time.

That aside, I would suggest decrease phantasmal enchanter(and all phantasm skill) cast time to 3/4 sec. Bring back mantra background recharge but increase their cool downs to compensate.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Or is it the condie spam way too strong in this game?

Historially, power shatter mesmer has been running around with no condie cleanse for the longest time.

That aside, I would suggest decrease phantasmal enchanter(and all phantasm skill) cast time to 3/4 sec. Bring back mantra background recharge but increase their cool downs to compensate.

That too. Disenchanter as the other’s have said is not good. It competes a utility slot. and the Bounce is RNG and not instant, can be killed too soo.. yea..

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’m not quite qualified to make an opinion yet on the current meta as I haven’t played much and it’s only been two days. However, let’s please make it clear that Mesmer has access to a wiiiide variety of condition removal. The viability of these options is what should be discussed. The real meat of this situation comes down to build diversity.

Currently, I’m running a Vipers condi shatter build with Mistrust using nothing but Generosity Sigils… and with positive results. You will be screwed by Necros no matter what build you run (support, boons, dps, interrupt, condi), but is this worthy of buffing Mesmers or nerfing Necros? That is the bigger rhetorical question in this debate.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m not quite qualified to make an opinion yet on the current meta as I haven’t played much and it’s only been two days. However, let’s please make it clear that Mesmer has access to a wiiiide variety of condition removal. The viability of these options is what should be discussed. The real meat of this situation comes down to build diversity.

Currently, I’m running a Vipers condi shatter build with Mistrust using nothing but Generosity Sigils… and with positive results. You will be screwed by Necros no matter what build you run (support, boons, dps, interrupt, condi), but is this worthy of buffing Mesmers or nerfing Necros? That is the bigger rhetorical question in this debate.

Running no removals outside of generosity sigils is something power shatter builds have done for ages. As always, it’s always been a good solution when you’re not fighting anything that actually loads condies, and woefully inadequate against anything that does. If you ever come up against another build that’s actually loading condies, you’ll just wither up and die. Try surviving against a condie engie when 1 attack loads you with 5 condies and your only removal is generosity.

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

Inspiration is a waste. I only run traited Torch and the Mantra and have no particular trouble with conditions. Then again I don’t try to facetank Reapers either.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

This is false. I do not know on what MMR you play at but in High MMR matches, you might as well just afk if you do not have any cleanses.

Knowing your enemy is like 5% of the equation. You will never ever beat any condition class without a cleanse. It’s impossible. (Assuming equal skill)

Okay, go right ahead and grab generosity sigil.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aurugal.6954

Aurugal.6954

Or better yet, how about we bring more to the game than just Portal.

Yes please phanta said it once and honestly I agree, maybe it is time for our class to lose portal and maybe moa in pvp and get compensated in other areas of the our kit. Although to be honest portal is a ‘playmaking’ spell, especially when you portal out a guy who just hits downstate and rez him on the other side of the map then both come back; very satisfying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aurugal.6954

Aurugal.6954

Well revs don’t have innate condi cleanse accept for staff 4 which is usually not worth casting anyways and still manage to be the most dominant profession in the game by a long shot^^.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

I think the main issue with mesmer and condi removal is that to get access to it, we need to sacrifice something, be it an entire line, be it utilities, be it secondary weapon and sigils.
On the other hand, pretty much all other professions have condi removal built in specific skills or traits that are far less punishing.
Mesmer is the only profession with only 1 trait with passive condi counter, and in form of condi duration reduction of only movement restricting conditions.
The healing (another way to counter condis) in mesmer is pretty much bottom line. Even with Inspiration line it is nowhere near what some other professions can achieve.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

(edited by Ansau.7326)

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

What you said makes you sound like a bad player who needs a crutch.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Vague Memory.2817

Two things mesmer lacks that are really holding back power shatter in PvP: lack of multiple condi cleanse and stability access.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

Mesmer Inspiration Line

This is such a required traitline for condition removal (with the state of conditions in the game). Mender’s Purity and Restorative Illusions. Yes you can take null field or Cleanse Mantra but we gotta remember, Any decent mesmer MUST run portal. So 2 slots left. 1 Will be left for a Stun Breaker. and the other should be a condition removal. Cleanse Mantra is Very Clunky to use, Null field is such a long CD and the condition Removal is not instant. You can still get condi bombed.

Solution: Make condition removal be located on weapon sets like Ele Earth Focus 4 or Thief Sword so You are not pigeonholed into running Inspiration

It’s why condi builds play best with Torch.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jourdelune.7456

Jourdelune.7456

After reading all threads, Mesmer got a nice F5 meaning the rune of Lyssa or the rune of Leadership can be interesting to remove more conditions.

I’ve seen some people running the mirror heal with the rune of revenant (give resistances on heals)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Rune_of_the_Revenant

Well of eternity + Null field are great one after the other.

Dal Aï Lhama (Tempest), Dal Lahu Akbar (DH), Lord Dhal of Dharma (Scrapper) 12k+ spvp games.
Former Team Captain of ggwp (ESL weekly), GLHF (AG), MIST[CORE] spvp alliance guild.
https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

After reading all threads, Mesmer got a nice F5 meaning the rune of Lyssa or the rune of Leadership can be interesting to remove more conditions.

I’ve seen some people running the mirror heal with the rune of revenant (give resistances on heals)

I’ll take “What are internal cooldowns for 200 please.”

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Generosity sigil? I was talking about Class condition removal. Generosity sigil is RNG, you cant control when you want to use it. you know this right?

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Again, I do not know what MMR you play in, so I am assuming you are facing average players.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Well revs don’t have innate condi cleanse accept for staff 4 which is usually not worth casting anyways and still manage to be the most dominant profession in the game by a long shot^^.

So A revenant with no counterplay heal, 2 blocks that heal, staff block, multiple evades, Daggers that track + use the heal. Okay, I have no idea how people not see why rev is overpowered.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Plus 2 seconds of resistance? Okay. Any decent reaper will melt you after it wears off.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Plus 2 seconds of resistance? Okay. Any decent reaper will melt you after it wears off.

Fixed that for you.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

Generosity sigil? I was talking about Class condition removal. Generosity sigil is RNG, you cant control when you want to use it. you know this right?

Swap to sword use blurred fenzy or shatter > done.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

> Removes 10 vuln
> Still have 8 burn, 7 bleed, 5 poison, chill, and immob
> Dies

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

So you’re going to blow a BF cool down just to try and get Generosity to proc? Yeah man that doesn’t sound like good advice to me at all. Because you might blow it to attempt that one clear and then get +1’ed, etc and need the blurred Frenzy. Which is why most people I know and see run Inspiration for the condi clear on shatter. And even its not great considering its one condi per shatter, not illusion shattered if I recall correctly.

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

> Removes 10 vuln
> Dies

My original reply was to him saying “condition remove of at least one source”.

I do think generosity qualifies “one source” especially since many good mesmers ran it a while back as a sufficient source of condition removal. Now, of course the condi spam is heavier now than before- this is a problem on its own.

Some mesmer condi remove is decidedly kitten like phantasmal disenchanter too.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

> Removes 10 vuln
> Dies

I do think generosity qualifies “one source” especially since many good mesmers ran it a while back as a sufficient source of condition removal. Now, of course the condi spam is heavier now than before- this is a problem on its own.

We are talking about the present. Did that point even elude you? The problem still remains, we are pigeonholed into inspiration to have a decent viable build in a competitive team match. Solo q does not count. Portal is another locked utility

in Mesmer

Posted by: Novamatrix.2569

Novamatrix.2569

best thing to do is sacrifice a trait line for illusions, run temporal enchanter combined with portal entry. pop portal entry at another point or hidden away from where you will be fighting, then when you get loads of conditions on you, pop portal exeunt to activate the resistance effect from temporal enchanter and it should give you enough time for the portal to activate. Take the portal to get away, rip the condi from you, heal up. The portal lasts 12 seconds so theres plenty of time to get ooc and heal naturally.
Menders purity removes 2 conditions use it with well of eternity for a total of 5 clenses. Restorative illusions gives another 5. (these numbers are based on if you run chronomancer obviously)

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

does mesmer can play without condi cleanse?
YES
can he play it against all classes
NO and yes (depneds how good is he)

what mesmer has are clones. ppl tend to forget

against necro try to confuse him for your clone and he will transfer the condi to it instead of you
i hardly being faced with lots of condi burst from necros….
also moa is good to shut them down.
engi can be hard but i didnt see much condi engi around
burning guard can be problem without condi cleanse but just play with staff from range and w8 little bit…
see helseth playing without condi cleanse and he hardly being faced with condi burst. when he does he died. so just pick your fight, play smartly and its doable.

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

> Removes 10 vuln
> Dies

We are talking about the present. Did that point even elude you? The problem still remains, we are pigeonholed into inspiration to have a decent viable build in a competitive team match. Solo q does not count. Portal is another locked utility

Again, i was just responding to " condition removal of at least one source". The fact that we are forces into inspiration has only been a thing with the very recent bunker mesmer meta. With that nerfed, none of US can be sure If mesmer will be meta in s2 and with what build.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

Vague Memory.2817

A lot of people are suggesting awkward workarounds to a real shatter condi cleanse problem, rather than admitting the truth, that there is a problem. A problem that has become more amplified since the introduction of elites.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Running no removals outside of generosity sigils is something power shatter builds have done for ages. As always, it’s always been a good solution when you’re not fighting anything that actually loads condies, and woefully inadequate against anything that does. If you ever come up against another build that’s actually loading condies, you’ll just wither up and die. Try surviving against a condie engie when 1 attack loads you with 5 condies and your only removal is generosity.

I get what you’re saying, and this isn’t a rebuff against your claim that running no condi clear makes you susceptible to a variety of builds: I pick my fights wisely. Running glassy builds means you must have a precise judgement on when & how to engage while also recognizing that you most likely will need the support of your team in some situations.

Maybe I’m facing bad condi engis. Maybe I’m a decent player. Maybe I’ve gotten lucky team comps. Whatever the case Lyssa has bestowed upon me, I haven’t had any issue with them preventing me from a win. Literally the only class that I dread seeing in any match are necros. Even the baddies can press a few buttons and totally shut me down.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

I’m a bigger fan of making our current skills/utilities better instead of introducing new mechanics that will inevitably need to be re-balanced anyway. We have plenty of condition removal. They just aren’t worth taking for a variety of reasons that need to be fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’m a bigger fan of making our current skills/utilities better instead of introducing new mechanics that will inevitably need to be re-balanced anyway. We have plenty of condition removal. They just aren’t worth taking for a variety of reasons that need to be fixed.

More specifically, I’d argue that basically every class in the game has too much of anything.

If any, we’d need less. It’s just that something on the level of 90%+ of skills, traits, runes, sigils and so on are rubbish, so it feels limited.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

One connected problem here is portal, we are so locked into that utility limiting your choices.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

A lot of people are suggesting awkward workarounds to a real shatter condi cleanse problem, rather than admitting the truth, that there is a problem. A problem that has become more amplified since the introduction of elites.

Exactly, now that condi spamming is worse than ever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

One connected problem here is portal, we are so locked into that utility limiting your choices.

I see the flaw in it being a choice, tbh.

Portal should be a cornerstone of Mesmer design. It’s fancy, it’s impactful, it gives style and substance.

Why is it not locked onto an F-bar somewhere? It should not be something I can not bring.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

I see the flaw in it being a choice, tbh.

Portal should be a cornerstone of Mesmer design. It’s fancy, it’s impactful, it gives style and substance.

Why is it not locked onto an F-bar somewhere? It should not be something I can not bring.

I was literally thinking about the same exact thing, if that happens tho, every team will have a mesmer.

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

I’d rather they switch the now defunct Time Warp with Portal than make Portal an F-skill. Mesmers should be able to bring more to the table than portal; we should have higher standards for Mesmer balance.

edited to add:

To remain on topic and reinforce my opinon: we have plenty of options for condition removal. I do not think we should get more options but rather fix the structural issue with Mesmer balance that prevents us from taking those options.

in Mesmer

Quadox.7834

I’d rather they switch the now defunct Time Warp with Portal than make Portal an F-skill. Mesmers should be able to bring more to the table than portal; we should have higher standards for Mesmer balance.

edited to add:

To remain on topic and reinforce my opinon: we have plenty of options for condition removal. I do not think we should get more options but rather fix the structural issue with Mesmer balance that prevents us from taking those options.

Or msss invis

Yaniam [Mesmer]

in Mesmer

phokus.8934

Again, I do not know what MMR you play in, so I am assuming you are facing average players.

And you’re clearly a bad player. Case in point, this thread.

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

Instead of both of y’all making assertions about the other that you don’t know is true why not just settle it in game?
Because you’re going to say he’s a bad player, he’ll say you only face low ranked players which means you’re a bad player, etc. Best way to prove your point? In game. If you win with no condition removal you’re right. You lose, obviously you’re wrong. Done.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Okay, 1v1 my ranger with no condi cleanse. Let’s bet gold on it. NO condi cleanse means no sigils either.

And please no PU.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Mesmer

Posted by: denis.9487

denis.9487

Okay, 1v1 my ranger with no condi cleanse. Let’s bet gold on it. NO condi cleanse means no sigils either.

And please no PU.

I can understand the condition cleanse stipulation. But still the hate on pu???

in Mesmer

Jace al Thor.6745

And please no PU.

I can understand the condition cleanse stipulation. But still the hate on pu???

If it’s a 1v1 why would you need PU? I don’t care much for PU because I love Bountiful Disillusionment too much now over it but if you have to rely on PU to win then you’re as bad a player as phokus claims Stickers is.