Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: AmaleoOu.2489

AmaleoOu.2489

Should this be buffed?… I’ve gotten sick and tired of being randomly teleported to a spot that is even worse than I was (Like the middle of an AOE)… Further… Maybe we shouldn’t have to have someone targeted to use it?

I don’t think it is a huge request, but seriously, I’ve been put in more bad situations than I have good situations with it.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sandrox.9524

Sandrox.9524

This skill is so stupid,but very helpful.
They can tweak it abit to make you invisible and then teleport you to another place close by and the clone to another and that both would get out of stealth in the same time.
too much?

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: fedecane.6259

fedecane.6259

Given how much better the thief #2 skill is this should be granted asap..

I agree it’s a stupid skill as of now.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Maybe if they make it so the clone has the downed marker on them as well and doesn’t put us right on a panel during Skyhammer, then it might be stronger.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I’ve only found it useful in WvW where it would always teleport me away from the person that wants to spike me. Ironically, in pve, it always teleports me directly under the enemy that downed me. I too, prefer that it be more like the thief skill, especially considering that the nerf to confusion also hurt this skill.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: smilango.5960

smilango.5960

fedecane.6259

Given how much better the thief #2 skill is this should be granted asap..

Issue with that is the mesmer skill combines movement (#2) and stealth (#3) of the thief in one ability.

Completely agree though, this has needed a rework since launch.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Yeah make the Mesmer able to choose where to teleport to.
I hate it when i’m downed in an aoe and then use #2 to teleport right into another aoe.

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

while it would indeed be nice, its not necessary:

1st) u shouldnt get downed in the first place

2nd) mesmer is one of the 3 proffession w best downed 2 skill, it always is safe(ele and thief beeing the other 2)

3rd) all proffession besides the said ones on [2nd)] got it sooo much worse than mesmer , it just wouldnt be fair to leave them out…

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Idk, it’s a pretty decent #2. It’s not vulnerable to stability / invulnable / stealth stomps and it’s not vulnerable to blink / shadowstep stomps like the thief #2 is.

It can be annoying, but it does have a lot up on most other classes. I’d be more inclided to change the #3 because, although it’s a pretty beastly phantasm in a zerker build, it doesn’t really help you get back up or survive any longer.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: phirefox.2568

phirefox.2568

The skill is fairly good; i would rank it 3rd (with Thief being 2nd and Elementalist being 1st) overall. But yes, the random Teleport is totally annoying, and i can’t even count the times when it put me directly to the edge of a Towers Wall in WvW (which – for a glassy Mesmer – seriously sucks as a place to be downed), or into some random Elementalists AoEs.

Idk, it’s a pretty decent #2. It’s not vulnerable to stability / invulnable / stealth stomps and it’s not vulnerable to blink / shadowstep stomps like the thief #2 is.
(…)

You’re right with most of this, but the skill is in fact very much vulnerable to stealth stomps when it comes to Roaming-Encounters. To use Deception, one needs a selectable target first – however, if your only Target in 900 range just decided to go stealth on you, you’re pretty much left with no chance whatsoever to prevent the incoming stomp.

That means every Thief running Dagger offhand will be able to easily finish you off without resistence (unless he royally messes up) just by choosing that particular Offhand Weapon, and doesn’t even have to sacrifice his utility to do so. Even if he wasn’t running Dagger offhand, he could use D/P (which – granted – also easily finishes off other, nonranger classes as well due to the blind), or simply use one of his stealth utilities – hell, maybe even just traps, if he got the right runeset. Point being: Thieves have so many ways to get stealth, that stomps are pretty much garanted in 1vs1 encounters.

Rangers have a high uptime with stealthtraps (again, runeset needed) and Longbow as well, but their pets are in range most of the time, so that’s almost never an issue (unless the pet is a certain cat :P). Hostile Mesmers are a similar case, although they can shatter their clones before utilizing stealth (requires either no clones, clones near Target and at least one Shatterskill off cooldown, or just Distortion off Cooldown), which is in fact what i do to any Mesmer that i down when i get the chance. Engineers slotting Elixir S (which isn’t exactly uncommon in WvW) will also always finish you off.

Given the number of stealth-capable Roamers, that can be quite a problem

I think it would be nice if Deception would at least still stealth you when you don’t select a target (whithout the clone-generating and Teleporting part, making it act like Decoy in that regard).

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The only buff it needs is for enemies to not know which Mesmer to stomp. It adds to the Mesmer theme of chaos and chance. Hell, you could get stomped the first try or get lucky and have your enemy stomp the two clones which gives enough time for help.

It still gives me a chuckle when noobs stomp the wrong Mesmer. lawl

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wyrden.4713

Wyrden.4713

The skill is fairly good; i would rank it 3rd (with Thief being 2nd and Elementalist being 1st) overall. But yes, the random Teleport is totally annoying, and i can’t even count the times when it put me directly to the edge of a Towers Wall in WvW (which – for a glassy Mesmer – seriously sucks as a place to be downed), or into some random Elementalists AoEs.

(…)

You’re right with most of this, but the skill is in fact very much vulnerable to stealth stomps when it comes to Roaming-Encounters. To use Deception, one needs a selectable target first – however, if your only Target in 900 range just decided to go stealth on you, you’re pretty much left with no chance whatsoever to prevent the incoming stomp.

That means every Thief running Dagger offhand will be able to easily finish you off without resistence (unless he royally messes up) just by choosing that particular Offhand Weapon, and doesn’t even have to sacrifice his utility to do so. Even if he wasn’t running Dagger offhand, he could use D/P (which – granted – also easily finishes off other, nonranger classes as well due to the blind), or simply use one of his stealth utilities – hell, maybe even just traps, if he got the right runeset. Point being: Thieves have so many ways to get stealth, that stomps are pretty much garanted in 1vs1 encounters.

Rangers have a high uptime with stealthtraps (again, runeset needed) and Longbow as well, but their pets are in range most of the time, so that’s almost never an issue (unless the pet is a certain cat :P). Hostile Mesmers are a similar case, although they can shatter their clones before utilizing stealth (requires either no clones, clones near Target and at least one Shatterskill off cooldown, or just Distortion off Cooldown), which is in fact what i do to any Mesmer that i down when i get the chance. Engineers slotting Elixir S (which isn’t exactly uncommon in WvW) will also always finish you off.

Given the number of stealth-capable Roamers, that can be quite a problem

I think it would be nice if Deception would at least still stealth you when you don’t select a target (whithout the clone-generating and Teleporting part, making it act like Decoy in that regard).

i usually use it on another target asap if my target stealthes, so i still get invicible + ignore stomp once, leaves no clone behind if ur target is too far, still saves u once, and almost never has it happened that i had nothing to target even if my enemy stealthed

just my ytb channel

FeintFate~

Mesmer Downed 2 Skill

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

Fair point on the stealth stomping, but still that is a weakness Ranger, Warrior and Necros all suffer as well, so it’s not a unique Mesmer problem and still leaves your #2 better than most.

It’s also quite a niche weakness.. Rangers wont pull it off thanks to the pet, Mesmers might but that assumes they have the CD up (which isn’t all that likely right after a fight) and even then their clones might give you a target if they arent careful, so it’s really only thieves who cause this issue, and they cause everyone stomping issues (except Ele of course).

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold