Mesmer GS trait bug

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

So instead of “clones using auto attack grant might”, it actually works with the normal auto attack, even when out of combat. I can literally pre-stack up to 12 stacks of might by just blindly clicking auto-attack on GS.

Anyway, Mesmer is really becoming extremely OP post patch. Shatter spam, insane spike damage, perma cripple, lots of lock down, perma invisible, etc. GJ with the balance.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Not a bug, it states when you or a clone uses spacial surge. You’re using spacial surge, you get stacks. Though I’d agree it shouldn’t trigger when not in combat.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Yeah, I feel pretty confident in classifying out-of-combat might stacks as a bug. I’d look to see that fixed in a patch through the next couple days.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Thief troll..cuz they cant hunt us like they use to no more.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Thief troll..cuz they cant hunt us like they use to no more.

Ranger actually I think. His last handful of posts have been referring to his Mesmer and how OP he is now and before that it’s been primarily Ranger.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Toxsa.2701

Scary community. Now reporting bug causing me to get flamed.

For that single trait it’s really abit too much. I don’t even use boon duration stuff and still 12 stacks of might by spamming 1. On the other hand, there’re traits that trigger at 50% health and only grant 1 might per second for 8 seconds, resulting in 8 stacks of might from staying at <50% health and it’s a GM trait with no additional effect..
Nice balance.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ishbaal.1503

Ishbaal.1503

Scary community. Now reporting bug causing me to get flamed.

For that single trait it’s really abit too much. I don’t even use boon duration stuff and still 12 stacks of might by spamming 1. On the other hand, there’re traits that trigger at 50% health and only grant 1 might per second for 8 seconds, resulting in 8 stacks of might from staying at <50% health and it’s a GM trait with no additional effect..
Nice balance.

and uses a new ranger trait that he doesnt like to show that his memser is op. no bias here… if anything the thing that is over the top would be the cripple portion but what ever after 3 years im used to any buffs given to mesmers being taken away soon after patch day.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Nice balance.

Yeah mesmers have tons of skills that can basically oneshot a squishy target from 1500 range in 2.5 seconds (or less with quickening zephyr). Nice balance!

Thankfully, the game isn’t balanced around single skills or traits.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Toxsa.2701

Nice balance.

Yeah mesmers have tons of skills that can basically oneshot a squishy target from 1500 range in 2.5 seconds (or less with quickening zephyr). Nice balance!

Have you not seen a Mesmer post patch dishing out 16k damage in one combo (less than 1.5 second), and the downed 3 phatasm dealing 6.5k damage? You can play blind idc, but I’m testing it right now. I’ll test and report what I see and experience instead of hiding it like you guys, fearing for a nerf despite you knew it’s OP.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Nice balance.

Have you not seen a Mesmer post patch dishing out 16k damage in one combo (less than 1.5 second), and the downed 3 phatasm dealing 6.5k damage? You can play blind idc, but I’m testing it right now. I’ll test and report what I see and experience instead of hiding it like you guys, fearing for a nerf despite you knew it’s OP.

What are you smoking?

The first 2 responses already acknowledged that it is most likely a bug and will require fixing.

Anything past that was people pointing out your spotty posting behavior. If there is one class that it’s player base is used to eating nerfs right after a buff (besides necros) it’s mesmers. So take your attitude back to your ranger forums.

I’ll test and report my *. Kids these days.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

How about instead of asking for Mesmer to be nerfed you ask for Rangers to get some decent buffs for a change.

Because if Mesmer gets nerfed (and it will becuase Anet needs to keep the casual hotjoiners happy), ranger will still be below Engie, Warrior, Guardian, Theif and Ele

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

Nice balance.

Yeah mesmers can do 16K in one combo, so can most other classes if they blow their cooldowns like mesmers do to get those numbers. The fastest way I can think to get that damage is to Mirror images, dodge roll (with DE), and then blurred frenzy + mind wrack. Go ask a warrior what damage they can do with 3 skills combined (and spending half their endurance).

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Nice balance.

Thankfully, the game isn’t balanced around the downstate skills either.

16k combo in 1.5s? Possibly, from stealth, playing full squishy and from close range because there’s no way someone is gonna eat mirror blade from full range unless they are AFK. Your argument is still invalid.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aniro.8017

Aniro.8017

Nice balance.

I could pretty regularly get 14k mind wrack in melee with IP prior to the patch. There are more sources of might and more sources of vulnerability now, meaning I don’t need to be a contortionist and don’t have to blow 1/2 of the skills on the bar to achieve it.

Smoke Bomb used to hit for 5-6.5k on a zerk build before the patch.. I don’t think that’s changed (just the name of the skill).

Might stacking out of combat is available to other classes.. I don’t see this as somehow the most broken thing going on right now. Granted, I would not be surprised to see it go away and I wouldn’t raise a stink over it. It seems likely to be unintended.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Nothing wrong here. Pretty much every other class has as much or better self-Might as Mesmers do now. Good and needed change.

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

Nothing wrong here. Pretty much every other class has as much or better self-Might as Mesmers do now. Good and needed change.

………………………..+1000

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dr Gonzo.6259

Dr Gonzo.6259

You also have to keep in mind that while buffing yourself w/ 12 stacks of might before a fight might seem really strong, you have to choose that trait over 15%-30% shatter damage, or Power Block which is proving to be a really powerful trait. I have a feeling the out of combat might stacking will get removed shortly, so don’t worry too much about it, cause that doesn’t seem intended (GS auto attacking without a target looks dumb anyway, if this became the meta thing to do I’d be kittened :P )

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: serenke.4806

serenke.4806

Not entirely sure it’s unintended… There are legit ways to stack might out of combat, why can’t this be one?

Mesmer GS trait bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Scapper.4236

Scapper.4236

Upon testing I also find that the might is still awarded if you pre-emptively end your attack.