Mesmer = Glitch

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Biocide.7059

Biocide.7059

I was doing hotjoin to see if a slight variation of shatter works for me as I love the burst shatter gives but I also like lockdown gameplay but I guess my opponent who got burst down disagreed…

This is the build I was using at the time. Nothing fancy at all; http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsfRlknpMtNqxGNcrNipxg60ObOSGwElMkxB-TZBBwAAOEAbeAAlLDA5MA4c/BA

I hit him with Mirror Blade —> Power Lock--> The Prestige—> Illusionary Leap—> Swap —>Blurred Frenzy --> Shatter burst (Mindwrack, Cry of Frustration, Diversion).

I am unsure what points to even address…The fact that a supposed mesmer veteran, which I find irrelevant, believes the max DPS a mesmer can output is just 8k or the fact that he failed to realise he was hit from multiple sources. Halting Strike triggered, as did my air sigil. He definitely was a bit on the glassy side.

Attachments:

(edited by Biocide.7059)

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

Sadly there are kittens everywhere. Your life will be better if you know how and when to ignore them.

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It can be quite confusing for some players when they are burst down by a Mesmer because so many sources coalesce to form the burst. But the combat log is really quite detailed now, so there’s no excuse for all the confusion over how ‘that burst happened’. As far as I know, it even logs when vulnerability is applied, so this person could have worked it out for him/herself.

Gandara

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Some silly scrub who obviously knows nothing about mesmer.

What this guy needs to understand is that versus a glass spec, with the right combo you can actually bring someone with 15k health down in a matter of 1-2 seconds, even in PvP. There are many factors that can go into it though (some you stated), such as if all the skills crit (including halting strike), what damage modifiers you’re running, how much vuln the target has, how much might you have, and if your sigils/runes proc during the combo. You can’t just fabricate that scenario by snapping your fingers, but it’s possible.

The key is the crits. If you’re pre-buffed from a prior fight and you get your crits, you’re gonna one combo/shot people if you catch them off guard.

It’s happened to all of us, similar to that backstab thief coming in to burst you down completely from stealth, with not much you could do about it. These things don’t happen that often, but can and will. It’s the game we play.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

You get these for every class.

Do something well or get lucky and first reaction is you must be cheating.

I recall once “one-shotting” a thief for around 15k – first reaction was from them was negative but after breaking it down through the combat log – with all the little details that came together, and with the help of a spectator who also explained, they understood (or at least I think they did).

(edited by Curunen.8729)

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I posted about the 20k mesmer spikes a long time ago its hard to land them so they don’t care.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Mesmer = Glitch

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I posted about the 20k mesmer spikes a long time ago its hard to land them so they don’t care.

…?