Mesmer Gripes

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lambros Augustus.6594

Lambros Augustus.6594

When my mesmer is downed and the enemy is fresh I feel I have no hope whatsoever of getting up by myself. Needing to have a target selected before accessing downed skills was a very bad idea. Because if the enemy is behind and ranged and at a different elevation crucial seconds are lost trying to click on them while they are hitting you.

Mesmer running speed, even with armor runes is just too slow. I like to use a pistol for my off-hand why is the speed setting so low? When people run to skip in Twilight Arbor I have no chance of keeping up with them.
My traits go 30-30-0-0-10 for a domination/dueling build, my armor is valkyrie. I am fine in most places except when I try to run through multiple things then I feel that I am back in level 1. Why am I running so slow?

Mesmer elite underwater skill are we going to get one besides the time-warp. How about say an Armada, three mesmer duplicates show up and attack area for 30 secs with same strength as mesmer usable only underwater.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Flamenco.3894

Flamenco.3894

Let’s give mesmers a 500% dmg increase guies

Prince Rurik and Lady Althea. Anyone else see the incompatibilty here?

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drysdale.3826

Drysdale.3826

Let’s give mesmers a 500% dmg increase guies

Nah, lets just merge them with Thief. That’s less OP

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osculim.2983

Osculim.2983

even tho i wouldnt mind having a skill that gives us a constant speed boost like most classes i got pass that problem by stacking centaur runes on my armor as for underwater in my oppinion nothing beats a mesmer underwater.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Mesmer has to me the best overall feeling of any class. Not overpowered but very good selection of weapons (there are none that I think are very poorly designed). Downed state I am up with mesmer more often than my other classes (lvl 80 hunter, guard, ele and mesmer). Underwater it is a tie between hunter and mesmer which is the better in my opinion. Groups of mobs are fun if you have greatsword, dodge creating illusions and shatter damage/confusion when illusions die. Speed would be nice but no a huge problem.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Mesmer down state is pretty much useless. You are as likely to port nearer to the enemy as away from it.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

You are seriously complaining about mesmers downed state? Thief, mesmer and elementalist have the most annoying downed skills of all classes.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rhysati.4932

Rhysati.4932

Mesmer running speed, even with armor runes is just too slow. I like to use a pistol for my off-hand why is the speed setting so low? When people run to skip in Twilight Arbor I have no chance of keeping up with them.
My traits go 30-30-0-0-10 for a domination/dueling build, my armor is valkyrie. I am fine in most places except when I try to run through multiple things then I feel that I am back in level 1. Why am I running so slow?

Mesmers have the same run speed as everyone else. Other classes have to slot a skill or use a weapon to boost their speed, so why shouldn’t you? Use a focus offhand and run like the wind.

And I’m maining a Mesmer(also have Theif, Guardian, and Ele at 80). Mesmer is one of the best and most complete classes in the game imo and have two sources of swiftness(not to mention that the Focus is a great item with a speedboost/pull and amazing phantasm).

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: supertron.6712

supertron.6712

yeah my mes was my first class…and still my only 80, tho i dont have the stright foward dmg of a guardian/warrior 2-h gs or the crazy stealthing of the thief..the way i have my traits and stuff I cant really complain……around me things die fast, especially in downed….once you get a clone tacking confusion with you…..someone is taking some heavy damage…the illusionary theif is the icing on top. livability with a mesmer ws always partially offensive from lvl 1…no complaints yet…

…and ive played more mmos and most of their “classes” than any self respecting human being ever should.

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Mesmers have the same run speed as everyone else. Other classes have to slot a skill or use a weapon to boost their speed, so why shouldn’t you? Use a focus offhand and run like the wind.

And I’m maining a Mesmer(also have Theif, Guardian, and Ele at 80). Mesmer is one of the best and most complete classes in the game imo and have two sources of swiftness(not to mention that the Focus is a great item with a speedboost/pull and amazing phantasm).

Which 2 source of swiftness? Focus and the totally unreliable signet of inspiration?

Mesmer Gripes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Only gripe I have with the class is the kitten poor speed for a supposed mobile class if you don’t want to use a focus.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast