Mesmer Map Completion Star

in Mesmer

Posted by: little.6509

little.6509

When a mesmer has completed 100% world they get the star above their name, like everyone else.

However this star is not displayed above the heads of clones we send out, and we are instantly picked out from the crowd. Isn’t the point of a mesmer to confuse the enemy?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phoenixfudge.5290

Phoenixfudge.5290

Mesmer doing 100% map? This is blasphemy!

Joke aside, Anet probably didn’t take this into account in the first place. Non lvl 80 mesmers in wvw also have this problem.

I would think they are working on a fix right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

You can turn that star off though, right?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Somna.5168

Somna.5168

Nope.

This is already a known issue, was reported a while back and acknowledged by a dev. Unfortunately, it was far back enough that I really don’t want to dig through 20+ pages of dev tracker comments to find it, especially since I can’t remember the exact wording of the dev post. (Search only seems to be going back a couple of days for me.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darnis.4056

Darnis.4056

No Stars No Titles, Only Blood and iron.

Will the Real Pink Puma Please stand up?

in Mesmer

Posted by: psirca.9452

psirca.9452

Yeah avoid anything, as mentioned, no star, no title, not even those weapon procs that sit on your character bar in stacks up to 25. Any of them could distinguish you from a clone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

Didn’t know about bloodlust stacks and titles. Good to know!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jayblah.4682

Jayblah.4682

What about food and potion buff icons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

Can you? (No sarcasm here, do not know and would be happy to learn the soft way)

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Can you? (No sarcasm here, do not know and would be happy to learn the soft way)

Apparently not.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheRamosOnline.2670

TheRamosOnline.2670

Nope.
This also applies to HP; Clones spawn at 100% HP, regardless of the Mesmer’s HP %

This isn’t as much of a bug as the map completion star.
I think clones should spawn with the same icons as the real mesmer but not give said icons boon.
It’d be easier for Clone-Heavy Mesmers to hide among their clones.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kathmandu.2417

Kathmandu.2417

Thanks And kitten

Ok, till I get the star it will be probably fixed.

13th November. The Grind Wars begin.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

I have the star and win about 95% of my duels.

If you think the star matters than you don’t understand the class very well. BTW, anyone can throw the target mark above your head which I do fighting other mesmers always.

The class is designed to be played using your CD’s to counter other players. Maybe If I was bad and had a set “rotation” the star would matter, but I use my cd’s in reaction to other players.

It doesn’t matter if they know what clone I am. Any good player is just going to mark you anyways. Most players are bad though and don’t even rebind hotkeys.

Heck I just listened to a podcast where the hosts admitted to “clicking” on screen………/facepalm

in Mesmer

TheRamosOnline.2670

If you think something as trivial as a star doesn’t matter, you clearly don’t grasp how the class is meant to be played your own way, not a specific way.
A good mesmer can be hard to target in the first place, rendering Target Mark useless.
Not everyone uses it either.
The proof is in the pudding; I have a target reset (blink) and after using it, 9/10 times they struggle to kittenget me.
If you want to call the thief who just downed 4 of my team before being roflstomped by me a noob or a fail player for not Ctrl+T’ing me then you best go rethink your view on this game.

The star might not matter much, but it matters enough to prove to be an issue.
Say its not an issue all you want, Anet have confirmed the issue and are working to fix it.
Anet. Has confirmed this is an issue. And is working to fix it.
ArenaNet. Have said they are aware. Of this issue.

So there is an issue. Whether or not you want to accept it :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

If you think something as trivial as a star doesn’t matter, you clearly don’t grasp how the class is meant to be played your own way, not a specific way.
A good mesmer can be hard to target in the first place, rendering Target Mark useless.
Not everyone uses it either.
The proof is in the pudding; I have a target reset (blink) and after using it, 9/10 times they struggle to kittenget me.
If you want to call the thief who just downed 4 of my team before being roflstomped by me a noob or a fail player for not Ctrl+T’ing me then you best go rethink your view on this game.

The star might not matter much, but it matters enough to prove to be an issue.
Say its not an issue all you want, Anet have confirmed the issue and are working to fix it.
Anet. Has confirmed this is an issue. And is working to fix it.
ArenaNet. Have said they are aware. Of this issue.

So there is an issue. Whether or not you want to accept it :P

I’m not saying it isn’t something that needs a fix, i’m just saying it’s not the holy grail of issues. It shouldn’t keep people from playing and getting practice at their class.

Some little star isn’t going to stop me.

in Mesmer

TheRamosOnline.2670

You might find that you’d win 99% of your fights if your clones also spawned with the star.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kabuki.9103

Kabuki.9103

If you don’t think the star matters then you aren’t playing against top notch opponents.

No one is arguing that you can’t beat noobs with a big “Here I am” arrow over your head.