Mesmer Map Completion

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

From those who’ve achieved this or are working on it — what’s your experience? Is it relatively fun? Easy? Enjoyable? No?

I know it’s just PvE, but what kind of setup do you use? What might you recommend?

I know many things in map clearing require access to AoE and as far as I’m concerned the mesmer seems to have pretty lame access to AoE. What might you recommend to counteract this? Thanks!

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

From those who’ve achieved this or are working on it — what’s your experience?

Ugh

Is it relatively fun?

It’s ugh.

Easy?

Laughably so.

Enjoyable?

Ugh.

No?

No. Map completion sucks hardcore.

I know it’s just PvE, but what kind of setup do you use? What might you recommend?

Greatsword+Sword/focus will be your best bet. It’s a good mix of aoe and control. Also required for easier going is centaur runes and either a perma-tonic or mantra on autocast.

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Domzz.1260

Domzz.1260

Greatsword+Sword/focus will be your best bet. It’s a good mix of aoe and control. Also required for easier going is centaur runes and either a perma-tonic or mantra on autocast.

Why not traveler runes; expensive?

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Why not traveler runes; expensive?

They’re more expensive, they offer bad stats, and mantra on autocast with centaur runes is permanent swiftness…which is better than traveler runes.

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

re roll warrior/thief/class which actually has mobility and you wil save yourself a lot of pain

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: zexion.5842

zexion.5842

It wasn’t bad for me, most of the time it was quite enjoyable. But then the last few zones you save for last because you know they are going to suck because they are just awful.

Like lornas pass jwiojhbo09wiubowigjhogowguo kitten lornas pass

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

arg, I remember taking revive orbs with me since I had so many of them at the times. That and when you had to sneak past mass amounts of mobs ( I remember a specific vista in dredge naught cliffs with a particular shudder) they are a …life saver?
But yeah the lack of mobility coupled with horrible damage makes it something that I would recommend doing with at least a few friends.

Order of Intoxication [PSY]

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

If you’re levelling whilst doing map completion get yourself a speed sigil as soon as possible, so you can actually stack swiftness up to an acceptable level and don’t have to deal with the awfulness on focus. When you hit 60, get centaur runes.

Gandara

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I did almost all of it without using a focus and without any other form of speed or mobility boost, other than phase retreat and blink…

…yeah, you can guess how I felt about it.

Tbh though, I was being stubborn, having completed part of it without any speed boost, so I figured I want to do all of it without speed boost. Took kittening ages.

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

arg, I remember taking revive orbs with me since I had so many of them at the times. That and when you had to sneak past mass amounts of mobs ( I remember a specific vista in dredge naught cliffs with a particular shudder) they are a …life saver?
But yeah the lack of mobility coupled with horrible damage makes it something that I would recommend doing with at least a few friends.

Dostoev Sky Peak?

Kitten, if this is the one you mean, yes it is hands down the most kittening kitten vista in the entire game. Yes that includes everything in wvw and pve. So. Much. Pain. To get this vista…

Mesmer Map Completion

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dei Veien.2456

Dei Veien.2456

The one that is inside the mountain, yep that is the one. I did it on my ele as well in about half the time since I didn’t worry about being knocked off or anything like that

Order of Intoxication [PSY]