Mesmer PVE Support Builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheNextGuy.4521

TheNextGuy.4521

Anyone know any support builds? The ones I keep finding use the old system. So can anyone provide links to newer builds?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yobculture.5786

Yobculture.5786

Far Shiverpeaks

in Mesmer

TheNextGuy.4521

From reading it over I don’t know what specializations would be best for support. Mostly dps builds. Anyway to be support without the shield, hate shields in any game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Shield is an extremely powerful utility weapon. Playing a support build without the shield is sacrificing powerful offensive support from slow, alacrity, quickness, and break bar potential, and defensive support from projectile protection.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Support doesnt necessarily means healing. Take that into account when you ask questions.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

Support is kinda an odd term? What exactly are you looking to do? Defensive or Offensive Support?

Offensive Support looks something like: Interrupts, blinds, Reflects, slow, quickness, alacrity, Boons (might, fury), etc

Defensive Support looks something like: healing, condi cleanse, Boons (stab, prot, aegis, regen), distortion, projectile destruction, etc.

Without really knowing what your goal/expectation is your question is just too broad to directly answer. Even linking one of those “old support builds” will give us a better idea of what you’re looking for.

in Mesmer

TheNextGuy.4521

Support is kinda an odd term? What exactly are you looking to do? Defensive or Offensive Support?

Offensive Support looks something like: Interrupts, blinds, Reflects, slow, quickness, alacrity, Boons (might, fury), etc

Defensive Support looks something like: healing, condi cleanse, Boons (stab, prot, aegis, regen), distortion, projectile destruction, etc.

Without really knowing what your goal/expectation is your question is just too broad to directly answer. Even linking one of those “old support builds” will give us a better idea of what you’re looking for.

Both? Both, lets start with defensive never really did support before I need a good idea where to start from.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

Both? Both, lets start with defensive never really did support before I need a good idea where to start from.

I think the mesmer support is kind of giving as much quickness (and alacrity if you are Chronomancer) as possible. Right now i run a build that is mostly sharing Quickness and Alacrity as much as i can to my party members (also damage, tons of damage ).

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

TheNextGuy.4521

I think the mesmer support is kind of giving as much quickness (and alacrity if you are Chronomancer) as possible. Right now i run a build that is mostly sharing Quickness and Alacrity as much as i can to my party members (also damage, tons of damage ).

What specializations do you focus on? Also what stat would be best.

(edited by TheNextGuy.4521)

in Mesmer

Posted by: cDKI.8352

cDKI.8352

This is what I run for fracs and dungeons as a support build, it’s primarily focused on keeping up a large amount of quickness. Paired with a herald, you have 90% uptime on quickness assuming you keep your shatters on recharge.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsc8ancfClfi9fCGoBUrhFVjy8EqmfiMAGhirOZn2sF-TBSBABFqfQU1fe4BAYmSwrUeswBBgMlYAcGAIFQgzsA-e

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

What specializations do you focus on? Also what stat would be best.

I run something like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAseRn0nBloh9fCmfCUrhFVj6MJWipjMAGhirOZn2sF-TBBXwAA2fQgyPIKBXq+DA-e

I make changes here and there depending on the situation.
For gear mostly Assassin is the way to go (though i placed accessories as soldiers, it makes me feel comfortable lol).

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre