Mesmer Phantasm 20% dmg nerf?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sami.7923

Sami.7923

Q:

Heard someone talking about this earlier, said it was going to be put in next patch. Is this true? Can anyone provide proof or link plz. Ty.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Heard someone talking about this earlier, said it was going to be put in next patch. Is this true? Can anyone provide proof or link plz. Ty.

Hearsay is hearsay. however if this is true then mesmers better get some mega love elsewhere because right now they are never taken on any serious team.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I hope this is true.
Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc… Like a God :/

Ilusionist duelist hits harder than thief unload. Swordman and berserker do not stay far. Spatial surge taking same damage as evicerate, and without cooldown.

Actually a mesmer can easily change the tide of battle :/

May be i am the supreme noob here because i never win an mesme.
NEVER!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lopez.7369

Lopez.7369

I heard minions are going to get 100 percent more damage and spirit rangers will give triple the buffs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

I hope this is true.
Mesmers are very hard to kill, near perma invul + stealth + teleport + cc + moa + etc… Like a God :/

Ilusionist duelist hits harder than thief unload. Swordman and berserker do not stay far. Spatial surge taking same damage as evicerate, and without cooldown.

NEVER!

I put the text in bold in that quote that I thought everyone should see. Duelist hits harder than thief unload and Spatial surge (The mesmer greatsword auto-attack) is on par with the warrior’s axe kill-shot move known to hit 10k plus.

I feel just pointing that out is enough. I can’t even address the OP because of this post.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I hope this is true.

NEVER!

I put the text in bold in that quote that I thought everyone should see. Duelist hits harder than thief unload and Spatial surge (The mesmer greatsword auto-attack) is on par with the warrior’s axe kill-shot move known to hit 10k plus.

I feel just pointing that out is enough. I can’t even address the OP because of this post.

Spacial surge hits as much as eviscerate? Are you people high. At max range spatial surge may hit for 2k at most which compared to other classes AA is a joke. iDuelest can be dodged and all damage is negated thief unload is spammable iDuelist has a CD after its cast as well.

Mesmer damage especially their phantasms does not need a direct nerf. If anet wants to screw over phantasm builds then just remove empowered illusions.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i have yet to be able crit with my mesmer ans hit someone for 8k like backstab or 13 k with eviscerate.sry but if u lose in spvp vs a mesmers right now, u might wanna check your build. if u are a warrior, sty stunlock. mesmers have barely any stunbreaker or stability and conditions melt us down pretty hard too.
there is no perma invul and no permastealth for us either. go ahead, make a mesmer and try in spvp and then lets see what u gotta say after that.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bud.5617

Bud.5617

I’m with Nova and Jetwing here.

And eviscerate requires you to close the gaps, while mesmers can nuke away from a safe distance.

If you still live to hit them, they teleport even further away. Stealth is one thing, but to give one class clones, stealth, teleport, invulnerability and high damage at the same time is just OP.

The only counter is the current condition heavy meta. It’s poetic justice that their OP clones have met their perfect match. So now they’re whining.

I say cut their damage down by 20-30% and look into buffing their condition hate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: JETWING.2759

JETWING.2759

I hope this is true.

NEVER!

Spacial surge hits as much as eviscerate? Are you people high. At max range spatial surge may hit for 2k at most which compared to other classes AA is a joke. iDuelest can be dodged and all damage is negated thief unload is spammable iDuelist has a CD after its cast as well.

Mesmer damage especially their phantasms does not need a direct nerf. If anet wants to screw over phantasm builds then just remove empowered illusions.

With only 20 pt in dueling, the mesmer get a perfect sinergi between sword, pistol, crit rate, crit dmg, bleed spamm and perma vigor. Not talking about boon riper, near-perma invul, swith position, and 1 phantasm duelist every 16s.

Don’t need to coment about spatial surge, the hit are very very hard (3x 1000 – 1500 without cd surpass far evicerate and killshot)

Sugestion:
- Send Empowered Ilusion to Grandmasters trait.
- Send Blade Training to Master trait.

(while warrior no have trait for sword, mesmer have one in adept trait no coments more)

(edited by JETWING.2759)

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

I hope this is true.

NEVER!

With only 20 pt in dueling, the mesmer get a perfect sinergi between sword, pistol, crit rate, crit dmg, bleed spamm and perma vigor. Not talking about boon riper, near-perma invul, swith position, and 1 phantasm duelist every 16s.

Don’t need to coment about spatial surge, the hit are very very hard (3x 1000 – 1500 without cd surpass far evicerate and killshot)

Sugestion:

(while warrior no have trait for sword, mesmer have one in adept trait no coments more)

Oh and warriors sword is a complete joke right? Also give mesmer sword number two skill the same cooldown as savage leap? Then we can talk about moving blade training to master tier (btw mesmer has only one weapon trait in its adept tier). And empowered illusions just needs removed completely. Also if you are griping about phantasm damage chances are the mesmer is taking phantasmal fury over blade training not to mention mesmer sword has suffered a two fold nerf. Where is our other viable mainhand weapon? And spacial surge doesn’t hardly hit hard at all unless the mesmer is AT MAX range which is hard to do on most pvp maps due to constraints of the map size.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velron.3729

Velron.3729

Sweet. Hope its true. Phantasm builds are skill-less and insanely powerful in 1v1 situations.

There are definitely many other things that need fixing before this though.

Fragg – Engineer | Lil Zek – Warrior PVP R43
[DA] Decisive Actions – Jade Quarry

in Mesmer

Posted by: Expansive.3716

Expansive.3716

Damage reduction for what?

The phantasms only do much of anything if the opponent is running pure glass cannon. And even that kind of damage requires the mesmer himself to practically be GC

All I see is constant whining about the Mesmer. Learn to play and then come back with some real constructive criticism.

If there’s going to be legitiment crying, then the finger needs to be pointed at the Necro right now.

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

And if this is true then it only makes sense for the Mesmer’s autoattack skills to be given a speed and power buff. No exceptions

in Mesmer

Velron.3729

Lol, I’ve played phantasm Mesmer plenty for dueling its so strong its silly. Illusionary Unload hits for tons of damage, even on tanky people – claiming it only hurts glass cannon is a flat out lie and you know it. Especially once you get a couple of them up at the same time, damage is crazy….and you don’t have to do a thing. Just get them up and avoid taking damage, with all the tools to do so.

Note – I am not against buffing other stuff that requires ACTIVE play to execute.

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

Lol, I’ve played phantasm Mesmer plenty for dueling its so strong its silly. Illusionary Unload hits for tons of damage, even on tanky people – claiming it only hurts glass cannon is a flat out lie and you know it. Especially once you get a couple of them up at the same time, damage is crazy….and you don’t have to do a thing. Just get them up and avoid taking damage, with all the tools to do so.

Note – I am not against buffing other stuff that requires ACTIVE play to execute.

I wouldn’t say stuff just for the hell of it.

The damage is not “crazy”. And I’m not trying to have a “who’s better than who”, but I’d like to play against you with you using the phantasm build just for testing, if you don’t mind?

in Mesmer

Velron.3729

The damage is not “crazy”. And I’m not trying to have a “who’s better than who”, but I’d like to play against you with you using the phantasm build just for testing, if you don’t mind?

I don’t even play right now because the current meta is so boring, I just came on to check the PVP forum and see if anything has been fixed in the last 2 weeks.

Feel free to add my account name though and if I’m on I’ll gladly duel.

Fwiw, I don’t think the damage is crazy when its just one. The problem is you are allowed to have multiple of the same kind up, which means 2-3 illusionary duelists can be doing unload on you constantly.

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

I don’t even play right now because the current meta is so boring, I just came on to check the PVP forum and see if anything has been fixed in the last 2 weeks.

Fwiw, I don’t think the damage is crazy when its just one. The problem is you are allowed to have multiple of the same kind up, which means 2-3 illusionary duelists can be doing unload on you constantly.

Well we can definitely agree that the meta right now is pretty pathetic. I wouldn’t even call this meta the “condition meta”, but rather the cheese build meta

Warrior – Stun build
Necro – Condition spamming
Ranger – Spirit build
Engi – Condition spamming

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

u have no idea.. the cooldown on iduelist dude.. sure u can have 3 of the same kind up but what are the chances U WILL ACTUALLY HAVE THAT MUCH UP. yea.. thats verry slim to none..

Like ive said before.. if you guys cant handle.. a mesmer.. in pvp.. try playing one and ull get the general idea.. of how to find the real mesmer.. and beat them to a pulp.. cuz lets face it.. 9/10 ur going to be fighting a Glass mesmer.. who is made of paper.. once thy start taking damage.. just do a bit of cc.. and there pretty much done for.. I MEAN dang.. even when im playing my thief.. all i have to do is auto attack with the shortbow.. and they die in a few hits.. lol.. idk why people think mesmers are so hard to face once you play one.. trust me its much easier to take them out because you get the general idea of how they work.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Theplayboy.6417

Theplayboy.6417

This is a sick joke. If Phantasms get nerfed again it will make even having Phantasms entirely useless. Thus, they’ll have to completely redesign the class. Condition Mesmer builds are a joke to deal with and Shatter Builds are already weak and extremely telegraphed when compared to other classes DPS builds.

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

u have no idea.. the cooldown on iduelist dude.. sure u can have 3 of the same kind up but what are the chances U WILL ACTUALLY HAVE THAT MUCH UP. yea.. thats verry slim to none..

Like ive said before.. if you guys cant handle.. a mesmer.. in pvp.. try playing one and ull get the general idea.. of how to find the real mesmer.. and beat them to a pulp.. cuz lets face it.. 9/10 ur going to be fighting a Glass mesmer.. who is made of paper.. once thy start taking damage.. just do a bit of cc.. and there pretty much done for.. I MEAN dang.. even when im playing my thief.. all i have to do is auto attack with the shortbow.. and they die in a few hits.. lol.. idk why people think mesmers are so hard to face once you play one.. trust me its much easier to take them out because you get the general idea of how they work.

Highly agree

And just generally speaking, there are many people who think the Mesmer is this god-like profession that is so hard to face. Why because of the clones? lol

The Mesmer isn’t a class that just throws out phantasms then sits back and drinks coffee. There’s a lot more involved than that.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

nerfing the phantasms would affect a ton of builds that arent phantasm builds. every weapon has a phantasm andseriously having my illusionary warlock doing 20 percent less would be terrible for my entire build(which is based on reflections,and conditions) i need the phantasm to do at least some dmg. how is mesmer supposed to keep up with any of the other classes if our dps gets nerfed that much?

u whine about a phantasm while a necro can melt your life within 5 sec by pressing 2 buttons and a warrior can stunlock u down and a thief stun and destroy u within seconds…. hoow can u guys still whine about mesmers whereas we are barely represented in spvp and a team only wants us for portal and veil?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

nerfing the phantasms would affect a ton of builds that arent phantasm builds. every weapon has a phantasm andseriously having my illusionary warlock doing 20 percent less would be terrible for my entire build(which is based on reflections,and conditions) i need the phantasm to do at least some dmg. how is mesmer supposed to keep up with any of the other classes if our dps gets nerfed that much?

u whine about a phantasm while a necro can melt your life within 5 sec by pressing 2 buttons and a warrior can stunlock u down and a thief stun and destroy u within seconds…. hoow can u guys still whine about mesmers whereas we are barely represented in spvp and a team only wants us for portal and veil?

preach brother

The simple fact that this build is only useful for 1v1 AND can still be countered in a 1v1, should be proof enough that there’s nothing over the top about phantasms.

If Mesmers got a buff to other aspects and received better traits then maybe there wouldn’t be any talk about phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dreztina.4820

dreztina.4820

And just generally speaking, there are many people who think the Mesmer is this god-like profession that is so hard to face. Why because of the clones? lol

The Mesmer isn’t a class that just throws out phantasms then sits back and drinks coffee. There’s a lot more involved than that.

Ya, the phantasm mesmer is a seriously high skill build. After you get your phantasms up, you have to do some serious decision making to do.

Do you want to teleport? Do you want to stealth? Do you want to go invulnerable? And that’s just the first decision. Since you have at least two abilities that grant each of those, next you have to decide which to use.

It’s just so many things to think about.

Out of Attunement – D/D Ele
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

Ya, the phantasm mesmer is a seriously high skill build. After you get your phantasms up, you have to do some serious decision making to do.

Do you want to teleport? Do you want to stealth? Do you want to go invulnerable? And that’s just the first decision. Since you have at least two abilities that grant each of those, next you have to decide which to use.

It’s just so many things to think about.

lol admittedly your post made me chuckle

But outside of that, you really have no idea. Do you play the class? Have you actually tried facing real competitive and competent players?

Because it seems the only people complaining are people who just doesn’t have the experience or people who just have low intellect.

in Mesmer

Velron.3729

My specific issue is only with the OH pistol phantasm, Illusionary Duelist.

The CD is only 16 seconds and getting 2 at a time up is extremely easy, don’t pretend.

You must have missed my first post where I clearly said there were far worse things that needed fixing first (IE. all the cheese builds – Condi Necro, Spirit Ranger, etc).

Also – funny that you point out how seldom Mesmer is in tPVP in the same post that you complain about stun warriors while Warrior isn’t in tPVP at all either. Pretty sure in the entire tournament recently only one team ran Warrior. I had also even specifically said it was just phantasm builds and just in 1v1 scenario.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

The only reason I doubt this is true is because Anet doesn’t like to do “across the board” changes like this. It’s hard to quantify the effectiveness of a straight 20% damage reduction to a whole host of skills that are used in different ways.

That being said, mesmers aren’t in the clear by any means. The nerfs will keep coming to that class, as they have since release. It’s too easy to play a mesmer by juking your way through a fight and letting your conditions do all the work.

Its just funny to listen to the mesmer players talking like they know how the game works. Remember when their illusions weren’t effected by blinds? Ah good times. Good tears over balance changes.

We’ll be seeing more. Don’t worry.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pantsforbirds.9032

pantsforbirds.9032

Hearsay is hearsay. however if this is true then mesmers better get some mega love elsewhere because right now they are never taken on any serious team.

This would be ideal. Phantasm mesmer is a fantastic 1v1 build, but isn’t much of a help in tpvp. I would much rather mesmers get a buff that would help put them back in the meta and have the phantasm damages nerfed

Thief: Rand x Al Thor | Mesmer: Egwene x Alvere
Dragonbrand |Twitch: twitch.tv/pantsforbirds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kuju.2153

Kuju.2153

They need to nerf/change/remove the reliance on AI damage in this game anyway, and then buff accordingly (Ranger and Mesmer would be the obvious ones most affected). I wish developers of all games that wish for said game to be competitive would realize this, and make AI about timely support if they feel it necessary to have it in their game. Passive (brainless) damage just doesn’t fit in this game.

in Mesmer

Expansive.3716

What I don’t get is why there’s so many complaints about the Mesmer?

I never once complained about the Mesmer even when confusion was strong. But you know what I did? I made a Mesmer, learned it, and then enjoyed the class.

Now it’s been gutted and has taken many nerfs. Yet people are still asking for more to happen to the Mesmer and wants it to be an ambient mob.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

This would be ideal. Phantasm mesmer is a fantastic 1v1 build, but isn’t much of a help in tpvp. I would much rather mesmers get a buff that would help put them back in the meta and have the phantasm damages nerfed

Well the phantasm build was never useful in tourneys to begin with. Mesmer buffs will likely have nothing to do with phantasms specifically maybe a cooldown decrease (mesmer cooldowns are ridic at the moment without icelerity AND the weapon CD.) So if mesmers get a buff that puts them back in the meta lets see what it is and then adjust phantasms from there. But doing any further nerfs to mesmers will have no effect on the meta because well mesmers aren’t in the meta.

Btw <3 you Rand trololololol :P

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

selan.8354

The only reason I doubt this is true is because Anet doesn’t like to do “across the board” changes like this. It’s hard to quantify the effectiveness of a straight 20% damage reduction to a whole host of skills that are used in different ways.

That being said, mesmers aren’t in the clear by any means. The nerfs will keep coming to that class, as they have since release. It’s too easy to play a mesmer by juking your way through a fight and letting your conditions do all the work.

Its just funny to listen to the mesmer players talking like they know how the game works. Remember when their illusions weren’t effected by blinds? Ah good times. Good tears over balance changes.

We’ll be seeing more. Don’t worry.

erm lol. have u actually played a mesmer?conditions?hahahahahahaha. yeah confusion is our core condition….i know u guys hate mesmers but erm what conditions were inflicted to u by mesmers that killed u?

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sami.7923

Sami.7923

I do hope they give you guys some other stuff. I dont think mesmsers should be dependent on phantasms even thought they are built into your weapons. I dont really have any trouble with phantasms except duelist, 1200 range 8 stacks of bleed, tons of dmg, never stops to move, 20 sec cd. They can shoot through your combo fields as well, each shot providing a stack of confusion, Ive had 17 stacks of confusion on me like this. Anyways Im all for buffing and nerfs for all classes. I can admit spirit ranger is too strong which is why I dont play one, not because its an expected nerfbat incoming but mainly cuz its boring and easy. I’d advise healing signet warriors to watch out too, cuz if mes, ranger and necro get nerfs I doublt they will let the 392 hps per sec signet slide.. Btw Selen this is that same ranger from a long time ago, the smash bro. haha but yeah only thing I can say for mesmers in denial is to just try any other class in a 1v1 server. If you dont get tired of fighting mes within your hour then hats off to you, you prolly have a really huge kitten irl.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Derps.7421

Derps.7421

the best way to fix phantasms are as follows
1. iDuelest increase his unload channel time. Have it still do the same amount of damage but not nearly as fast. This gives a players a chance to dodge and allows you to have counter play
2. iBerserker reduce the distance he spins
3. iSwordsman reduce the ranger he can attack from.
Their you go easy effective fixes

Dr. Professor Evil – Engi
Stunned Girls Can’t Say No <Hawt>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fenrir.5493

Fenrir.5493

I hope this is true because passive phantasm that do everything for you should be not part of the game, but i also hope they get some love to compensate this, also i hope they nerf every single npc that players(any class) have acces, to the ground, well not to the point to be just useless but to a point where its reasonable and dont do all of the players job.

But if anything , conditions should be the priority of the devs right now fix what is already broken, mesmers are not that bad right now.

“We also realize that we can make mistakes but we dont care because I HAVE THE POWAAA!!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asuka Shikinami.5462

Asuka Shikinami.5462

The problem is mesmers have easy access to two traits that increase the damage of phantasms by 15%, and they are both easily accessible. Also previously iZerker was bugged and not doing the correct amount of damage, which has been fixed so this is doing more.

Blanket nerfs are not a simple solution though. They tried to ‘weaken’ phantasm specs by moving traits so they would have a 20% increase in phantasm cooldown, and as a result nerfed all non-shatter builds quite a lot. Worse, tanky or sustain based phantasm specs, that could have done ok in the current condi spam meta, are horrible to play now. Ammusingly enough, the old burst specs this thread is based on are still viable and far too strong 1v1, as people just altered traits a little to adjust and no damage was done… to this build… but so many other ones suffered…

Just note a couple of things. Mesmer base damage is a lot lower than other classes due to phantasms and shatters, though both have been reduced a bit with the last ‘attempt at balance’ patch by reducing the HP of clones/phantasms. Mesmers strength comes from the combination of some traits, which is why so many higher level pvp mesmer builds are always the same. They really need to adjust some of the combinations to tone them down a but like both the phantasm damage traits, but add more interest elements to play around. At the same time, the IC change should be undone as this hurts a lot of builds, especially in pve/wvw (not that the balence teams care about things outside of esports, so this won’t happen…). Phantams are supposed to be a core class mechanic, but we have little to build around other than spike damage (or bleed stacking with iDuelist, not sure how much this is used in high level pvp though), so until that changes people are going to run such builds and take advantage of the spike potential.

As for killing phantasm builds, block/dodge the initial attack then kill the phantasm, a couple of hits will do it. Even though they may summon the phtantasm in stealth, if they do they likely don’t have any other stealths available for a while so apply pressure once the phantasm/phantasms are down. It’s unlikely a mesmer will have both the weapon trait and IC (unless running sword/sword) so they likely won’t be able to resummon a phantasm for 16 seconds once its down. The base HP of phantasms is around 2k iirc, they do not gain more HP from the mesmers vitality (toughness helps though, but glassy mesmers have none). The largest increase in phantasm HP is 70% (signet + inspiration trait, not sure which order they are applied) so the max HP they would have is 3k or so. A phantasm mesmer will likely not shatter, so their base damage will be a lot lower once the phantasms are dead.

After I’m elected, bribing me will be considered a “gold sink”
- John Smith

in Mesmer

Asuka Shikinami.5462

I hope this is true.

NEVER!

lol

really nothing else to say here

- John Smith

in Mesmer

Asuka Shikinami.5462

NEVER!

Sugestion:

In the last ‘balance’ patch, every mesmer skill on sword (mainhand/offhand) was increased by 20% CD, unless you have 25 points in a trait points in a line that has nothing to do with phantasm builds (and then blurred was still increased by 20% and changed in behavior, though this affects wvw more than pvp, the effect is still noticeable)

dot dot dot

- John Smith

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

They already increased their CD, decrease iMariner’s damage by 40-50%, gave them 0.25 (or was it 0.5?) before attacking, izerker close to NEVER hits 4 times as he was before Feb patch, gave them LoS in a game where LoS is a kittening joke, fail to spawn on block/blind/invul/dodge so wtf are they trying to accomplish here? and who the f asked for a phantasm nerf especially in current meta? Like wuuuut?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Can anyone provide proof or link plz. Ty.

Best part of the thread and so many people missed it.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

The problem is mesmers have easy access to two traits that increase the damage of phantasms by 15%, and they are both easily accessible.

You mean a trait 25 points into a line that doesn’t sync well with any of the other trait lines?

Please describe some traits you don’t find easily accessible.

in Mesmer

Asuka Shikinami.5462

The problem is mesmers have easy access to two traits that increase the damage of phantasms by 15%, and they are both easily accessible.

You mean a trait 25 points into a line that doesn’t sync well with any of the other trait lines?

Please describe some traits you don’t find easily accessible.

Yeah that’s a good point. I used to think inspiration was good for phantasm builds, but 15% boost isn’t much compared to putting the rest of the points into dueling. the 15 point minor trait is good… sort of, but is restricted. The rest provide nice utility but yeah…. Apologies if I was unclear, more referring to IC moving from 5 point to 25 point and how many builds were hit by that in terms of general utility.

Iirc, there are no grandmaster major traits to do with phantasms at all (ignoring obvious illusion lines) and a minimum of other traits. This should be improved upon.

Sadly, even if this thread is just a rumor, I wouldn’t be surprised if it actually happened. Think of how the class has ‘balanced’ already….

- John Smith

(edited by Asuka Shikinami.5462)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

The rumor is most likely true, because it fits Anets style perfectly of throwing curveballs in terms of “balancing” for the Mesmer. Do we want a specific strong build nerfed? Yeah lets go ahead and nerf every other build to the ground while the stronger build is barely affected.

Phantasms are a major source of damage for all Mesmer builds and those 20% would be a flat 20% reduction of damage to the Mesmer, period. It would hit bunkers with already low damage the hardest.

But no worries, Mesmers are used to it. They always get shafted and retreat to complain about the long line of bugs in the illusions after nerfs, which never see a fix notice.

I’d love to see how the Warrior would react if the patch comes that increase 100b cooldown by 20% and reduce its damage by 20%. Or thieves getting their dagger/dagger damage reduced by 20%. I’m sure they will say “Yes, our damage is a little over the top and we do deserve it”?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Mesmer is fine if not underpowered for the current meta.

Phantasm build is easy mode 1v1 and is pretty stupidly strong for it. Phant spam was nerfed but hardly effected the build , and the nerf hurt every other build (other than shatter which is fine) more.

The default Phant damage is strong as an attack considering how low mesmer base damage is besides a vulnerability set up mind wrack. But is pretty balanced.

As JP pointed out a hit to empowered illusions would be the easiest way but I believe knocking 5% off of phantasmal strength in addition would be legitimate. The base numbers do not need any tampering with unless thy plan to buff the mesmers base output in other areas.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Conan.8046

Conan.8046

Problem is mesmer’s don’t have a choice, they must have phantasm’s because they are on the weapons. I would prefer they cut the damage they do and give it to the actual mesmer…but then the class concept is made around clones/phantasm’s so might be ruining that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

It would be more interesting if one of their two +15% phantasm damage traits got changed to something else. Maybe the one for inspiration, especially considering its grandmaster traits all revolve around shattering.

in Mesmer

Posted by: gesho.9468

gesho.9468

what i find hardest about mesmers is targeting they real guy. i kinda can spot him, but in the mess of clones around him takes a while to click or tab the real one. and then he would clone and need to start all over again. while clicking around – its over, there is only so much time one can waste in combat for targeting.

i usually target call once i get him.

i’ve played phantasm build some. often I would win, but if I would get a good opponent, there was little i could counter: I would get interrupted while casting; enemy would shield against or use some other active defense against freshly casted phantasms; and cc me.

in group fights phantasms sort of die on their own, larger fight, they die faster. dunno what does it, probably all the aoe going around.

one question: if real mes is target called, will this stick through his stealth? ie
- i target call;
- he goes stealth;
- after he comes back from stealth, is he still marked?
i’ve felt i’ve gotten it both ways. stimes marker would stay, other times it was gone.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Target gets removed on stealth but remains while porting/creating clones/etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

OMFG never have i ever read such a * thing i simply can’t believe it
I have been playing since the beta and now that mesmer is COMPLETELY USELESS in top tier tournament play all these new players want is to nerf mesmer even harder…
ANET if you nerf mesmer one more time i will quit this game
PLEASE DON’T listen to players that create threads like this one
Oh my god how can you even think about nerfing mesmer even more
YOU have no idea how strong that would affect shatter mesmer too!

in Mesmer

selan.8354

OMFG never have i ever read such a * thing i simply can’t believe it
I have been playing since the beta and now that mesmer is COMPLETELY USELESS in top tier tournament play all these new players want is to nerf mesmer even harder…
ANET if you nerf mesmer one more time i will quit this game
PLEASE DON’T listen to players that create threads like this one
Oh my god how can you even think about nerfing mesmer even more
YOU have no idea how strong that would affect shatter mesmer too!

actually it would affect every build way too hard. in my condition build the only dmg that goes as high as 1k is due to phantasms. i know the frustration, but i think anet’s balance team doesnt really play the classes…

that’s what the dev’s think atm about our problem in spvp meta madness

You could make a case that Mesmers have a hard time in a hard condition meta, and I think a lot of people would agree with you. They have counters to conditions, but a lot of players don’t like to run those in standard Mesmer setups.

believe me i run everything that involves condition cleansing atm and no i still get destroyed by condis….has a dev actually tried playing a mesmer in spvp? i doubt it.

[/quote]

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zym.3570

Zym.3570

near-perma invul, swith position, .

spatial surge, the hit are very very hard (3x 1000 – 1500 without cd surpass far evicerate and killshot)

I stopped after this, lol.

“Spatial surge 3×1K5 damage”, “more than killshot and evicerate” <3

Don’t feed the troll.