Mesmer Phantasm delay is not really fair!

in Mesmer

Posted by: LonelyReaper.8075

LonelyReaper.8075

As of Dec 3rd patch, mesmer’s phantasm got broken, which makes all phantasm takes 2 sec to attack after being summon. This was partially fix but now, it gives most of mesmer’s Phantasm a 0.75-1sec delay, which if include the mesmer’s own cast animation of 1-2 sec it give our opponent lot of time to react (effortlessly). Now quite a number of our phantasm are useless when their needed. Example: Phantasmal Berzerker (GS #4) now can’t even catch a walking target thats running in circle, or our I.Warden get 1 shotted before it can start it whirling blade in a aoe or zerg situation. This are what is experience only in pve, which will be worst in pvp as competitive players got around 2-3 sec to react to our phantasm. They can practically null our phantasm summon or attack with this long window.

I hope either mesmer’s cast animation or as i would prefer have it phantasm delay reduce back to 0.25~approx. This would help a lot.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Have a look into the mesmer forum. They “promised” us to fix it!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Genesis.5169

Genesis.5169

Well..
I play a mesmer.
I agree with you.
But i’d rather them rework the scepter first,
I think mesmers are the only class that have a really really really kittenty weapon.

These forums are a joke its not for opinions or debate its just a safe place for people to cry at.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Well..
I play a mesmer.
I agree with you.
I think mesmers are the only class that have a really really really kittenty weapon.

you’ve obviously never played an engineer before. They need to fix all kinds of speed issues with pistols, grenade flight times, grenade targeting, bomb explosion delays, radii of all explosives with or without traits the list goes on.

I agree they have alot to fix, at least you got an answer on your speed issues, they are only checking into sigils not working on our kits at the moment, who cares if we still miss with the FT/EG/torch or have glaring problems with the other kits missing causing 1/4 of the damage they should be.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

in Mesmer

LonelyReaper.8075

i agree Anet have a lot to fix, just putting forth my view and hope it get heard.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

There is a mesmer forum. The thing that struck me, and why my mesmer has stagnated at lvl 27, is that in pve almost every fight lasts less time than it takes for your phantasm to get involved.

PvP at least moves at a slow enough scale that they can do something, even if it’s just absorbing hits.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

As of Dec 3rd patch, mesmer’s phantasm got broken, which makes all phantasm takes 2 sec to attack after being summon.

The delay is now 0.5s in the code iirc and will be reduced to 0.25s. I never experienced a 2s delay, I noticed that latency has a huge impact on this though. I had to play via mobile tethering a few days ago which doubled my latency and the phantasm delay felt way worse. Average ping was 80ms instead of 40ms, I guess at 200ms+ this could be really hard to ignore.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

LonelyReaper.8075

Before the Dec 3rd patch, iwarden and zerker were both having a delay of less than 0.25 sec, which is seen as the illusion show up on your screen(rendered) they start taking. Now they take almost a sec, which by then if your using a zerker while kiting the mobs the target may have walk in circle or move so far away that the zerker only land 1-2 hits.

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

Before the Dec 3rd patch, iwarden and zerker were both having a delay of less than 0.25 sec

Which was a bug.

in Mesmer

LonelyReaper.8075

which was then said by jon*( if not wrong) that the delay before Dec 3rd was fine.

in Mesmer

Iruwen.3164

Almost everybody was affected by the bug because most people use that trait. He never said no delay at all was fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Almost everybody was affected by the bug because most people use that trait. He never said no delay at all was fine.

No, but he said something along the lines of “Phantasms were pretty balanced without the delay”

Actually, I’m just gonna find his post to quote it so I don’t get jumped on for having two words wrong.

“…Since it seems like they were working and mostly balanced without the delay…”

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Impreza.5486

Impreza.5486

Yeah, He never said no delay at all was fine.

Ok so its sounds like you could counter the summon delay by having a subset of traits. So we fixed a bug that lets all those triats work together but that also makes them not able to exploit the delay anymore. Since it seems like they were working and mostly balanced without the delay I am going to go ahead and reduce the delay on this stuff to .25 seconds. I just tested it at 0 seconds and that breaks some other things so I think .25 is the best compromise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: djtool.8372

djtool.8372

Could be a good thing if you want to drop a field for them to use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mereto Nat.3621

Mereto Nat.3621

0.5 → 0.25 is better than nothing, but it seems purely ‘cosmetic’, ‘showing off that they do something’
needless to say that mesmer is the only class with a huge delay between button press for a weapon attack and dealing real damage and it’s as well the only class where the damage of a single attack can be denied at quite at a lot of points in time by a lot of different means (and there is obviously nothing going to be done about those things) Therefore the 1-3 illusions out skills are useless in pvp (they simply are too stupid to avoid getting dmg). [I’d really like to see a way to deny initiative for thiefs or adrenaline for warriors, so that 3%-9% more dmg is completely out of question in a skill build]

in Mesmer

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Well..
I play a mesmer.
I agree with you.

You should read the Guardian forum and see how they feel about the scepter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Avigrus.2871

Avigrus.2871

Well..
I play a mesmer.
I agree with you.

You should read the Guardian forum and see how they feel about the scepter.

Necros are probably in the worst shape. 1 viable build, broken minion AI, bugs galore etc..

80 Necro (5), 80 Guard (4), 80 Mesmer (3)
80 Ranger (3), 80 Warrior (3), 80 Thief (3)
80 Ele (2), 80 Engi (3), 80 Rev (2)

in Mesmer

LonelyReaper.8075

why compare with the worst, then u cannot excel. compare with thing that are good.