Mesmer Portal idea

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: katniss.6735

katniss.6735

Probably not a new idea, but why don’t you just put a red circle on the end portal placement if it’s out of range of starting position? Then green if it’s safe.

I don’t have a mesmer (yet), and think this would be more helpful than staring at your minimap, or counting X(seconds).

Server: Maguuma – Leafy Lass – Elementalist (WvW)
Guild: Bill Murray [Bill]/ [DERP]
twitch.tv/mlgw2

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

enabling the range bar used by all other skills would suffice

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

agreed, i never rly know how far my portal reaches…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Viral.4903

Viral.4903

I am completely in agreement with katniss on this and so many other mesmer’s are as well.

The Portal icon needs to tell us when we are out of range and when we lay a portal (where conditions and boons appear) there needs to be a portal icon that has a timer on how long we have left to place the second.

They made a player limit for portal uses to stop portal bombing. How is putting a 20 person cap going to stop portal bombing! So a guild has one mesmer set up portals and then with in 3 seconds two more mesmers could have used that portal to set up more and all of a sudden there is room for 60 players again. What a dumb nerf that didn’t fix anything and only annoyed mesmer players!

Main – Veronica Mist
Guild – [EV]
Server – Tarnished Coast

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zero Requiem.5908

Zero Requiem.5908

bout time they did something about the mesmer portal bombing dumbness

if mesmers such as previous posters are still saying it is over powered though, mabey you guys should make it so only 5 ppl can go through the portal (and then make it a ranged casting circle to cast it as a balance)

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

if mesmers such as previous posters are still saying it is over powered though, mabey you guys should make it so only 5 ppl can go through the portal (and then make it a ranged casting circle to cast it as a balance)

Perfect size for small pvp maps. Oh wait… that’s the part of the community still complaining about it being OP.

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmmph – I (and indeed MOST Mesmers) would be fine with a 5-person limit, and the original Portal CD. Especially since Portal’s one of the biggest causes of Mesmer-hate, and frankly – any intelligent player can make a 5-person limit work just fine.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Richard Nixon.6573

Richard Nixon.6573

I’ve been wanting this since I discovered the skill on my first day as a mesmer haha. I have a lot of trouble placing portals because the limits always seem to be inconsistent to me, and the only way to really learn how far the range is is to use it and fail. Repeatedly.

I really wish that they would reduce the cooldown on portal though. There is now a limit of 20 people, so why does it need to be really bad for personal use now? Can we have the reduced recharge back, or maybe a longer duration once its activated? I might consider keeping it on my bar other than for silly portal antics if that was the case.

Edit: Also, one of my bigger beefs with the portal cooldown is that changing utilities while the entrance was down but the exit wasn’t activated is no longer feasible. Maybe it was a bug, but I REALLY liked being able to have a skill to fight back if I got jumped while positioning my exit portal :\

-1-800-GUILD-WAR? They can’t have my ’Brand… I have special eyes.
-Look, look with your special eyes!
-My Dragonbrand!

(edited by Richard Nixon.6573)

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: Viral.4903

Viral.4903

Ranged casting would be completely OP and I don’t think that should be implemented. Portal bombing can be stopped by any decent player, its just the bad players that complain about something that isn’t OP. 90 second cool down is lame as well.

Main – Veronica Mist
Guild – [EV]
Server – Tarnished Coast

Mesmer Portal idea

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Limit on portal range is supposedly 5000, but I’m not sure if that’s been changed or not.

Problem with making it a ranged cast is that it would render many jumping puzzles stupidly easy (or completely irrelevant) for mesmers, assuming they’re patient enough to wait for the cooldown.

What I would like to see is the end portal last for the full duration of the beginning portal (a full 60 seconds minus whatever time it took you to get to the second portal’s drop point). In addition, I’d like for the portal exit to have one of those “out of range/LOS” red bars underneath it if you’re out of range.