Mesmer PvE build

Mesmer PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: aimz.6287

aimz.6287

I want a build that makes Chaos Storm really good and helpful to my team. Are there any builds out there that involve Chaos storm being good(With a GS as the secondary WEP). Also I don’t want the build to be PU or w/e… Just need help with a PvE build my pvp build is set and good to go It works great. Just wondering what kind of builds you got. Thanks!

Mesmer PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Chaos storm is useless in PVE, because a few random, unreliable boons/conditions will not help your team. Chaos Storm also has a habit of putting down Ethereal Fields, which are useless, below good fields like Fire and ruining them. Staff has the added bonus of being terrible DPS (except for the iWarlock, which is fairly good).

To help your team as a mesmer you do:

1) DPS with sword auto-attack and phantasms
2) reflections with traited focus and Feedback
3) Use portal to move your team when appropriate
4) Use mantra of resolve and/or null field and/or iDisenchanter for group condition cleanse

Staff helps with none of these (except maybe DPS because of Warlock, but the staff auto-attack is so poor that you shouldn’t use it beyond summoning the phantasm). Greatsword is also a poor choice in PvE because it encourages max range, where you avoid your shared party boons like might from elementalists, and is also poor DPS. If you want a range weapon, keeping either staff or greatsword is fine, if not completely optimal.

Now, can you actually survive and beat content with staff/greatsword? Yes— the game is easy enough that you can pretty much do anything and still win most of the time. But will you be helpful, as you ask, with staff/greatsword? Not really.

Mesmer PvE build

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

Staff is amazing to solo stuff on PvE, but for team play not so much, the best setup would be Sword+focus or sword / Scepter + pistol for your ranged needs, I used to play a lot with GS but with time you will notice how low your DPS gets on GS and move on