Mesmer PvE meta after balance changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

Do you think it will change a lot? Or will phantasm mesmer still be the best.

I hope it changes so that condi shatter builds actually become viable in PvE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I’m fairly certain Chronomancer will be meta for PvE Mesmers due to damaging wells.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

I’m having a hard time with the new choices. I tend to run a reflecting Mesmer, so one of my obvious choices will be taken up by the Inspiration line. Having my focus reflect is really helpful with the Dungeon/Fractal content I enjoy running. This leaves me with two more trait lines and Chronomancer is really tempting. Wells sound fun and a lot of the Chronomancer seems to be aiding your allies. However, the other lines sound just as good for PvE. Domination and Dueling would be nice to have…

Too many nice choices…it’s frustrating and awesome at the same time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

People. The OP said after the balance changes, not after HoT. We still have several months potentially before Chronomancers are available. Talk about PvE meta immediately after the balance patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Currently planning on 6/6/0/6/0

So not terribly different but enough. I might consider dropping a line for Illusions? The Duelist tree, however, I might actually take DE. I rarely get 3 phantasms alive and with baseline Persona, popping some shatters doesn’t sound bad.

EDIT : Sorry, you said. Meta. I’m rarely aligned fully with the meta so ignore me

(edited by Loxsus.3841)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

My one concern is Mesmers losing their spot in groups to Guardians now that Guardians have a 30s Elite Shout that gives Fury + Quickness.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noah.9654

Noah.9654

I’m going to play around with Sinister to see if it will have any viability in PvE.

The build: http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgMEXAHYBXw~

Staff + Scepter/Focus. Either perplexity runes or krait runes. The goal will be to maintain a high upkeep or confusion, torment, and vulnerability while still having the reflects that we need. Might not be that great against trash mobs, but I can see this being pretty fun vs bosses.

“Exceed your limits, and dance.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Mesmers got pretty much all the buffs this patch. I’m actually gonna have a hard time justifying running anything other than mesmer or engineer after Tuesday’s patch. Just to name a few:

- Massive sustain via conditions (highest theoretical DPS in the game, and pretty good practical DPS even if you’re one of those “clones are USELESS because they always die before they even attack because EVERY SINGLE MOB totally pulses screen-filling AOEs every half second” whiner types.

- Timewarp now scales with boon duration and is potentially usable twice with Mimic.

- Respectable burst with Chaos Storm and/or Confusing Images.

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

- Timewarp now scales with boon duration and is potentially usable twice with Mimic.

Mimic will affect only utilities, no double casting Elites. You’re probably thinking of F5, which yeah, you will be able to.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Mimic will affect only utilities, no double casting Elites. You’re probably thinking of F5, which yeah, you will be able to.

Did they confirm that? Well it’d be super OP for sure. Although if Signet of Illusions works on F5 it’ll enable a Timewarp triple-cast.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Just to mention we already started a discussion on that here.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/PvE-Dungeon-Mesmer-Builds-for-June-23