Mesmer Shatter builds nerfed to the deeps

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nyanko.7689

Nyanko.7689

- Critical Infusion – increased recharge from 5s to 10s. Too much dodging in this game and it is a 5 pt trait so we want you to find an alternative source for vigor. It couples too well with Deceptive Evasion.
- Deceptive Evasion is problematic – we are making it so that it only make a clone when you don’t have clones out already.

Well… Take a deep breath…
It’s okay. Somehow.
It’s okay to nerf too strong builds (even if it’s my favorite), but why, ANet, why so deep?

It would be much fairer to include internal cooldown 5-10s to Deceptive Evasion, than this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Togashi Jack.9531

Togashi Jack.9531

Honestly, the biggest issue with Deceptive Evasion is that the clones it created often overwrote your actual useful illusions/phantasms. Ideally it would create a clone if you were not at your capacity of 3.

in Mesmer

Posted by: steelwolf.9864

steelwolf.9864

Honestly, the biggest issue with Deceptive Evasion is that the clones it created often overwrote your actual useful illusions/phantasms. Ideally it would create a clone if you were not at your capacity of 3.

This is exactly how it will work. The only real nerf is critical infusion which is pretty minor.

in Mesmer

Nyanko.7689

the clones it created often overwrote your actual useful illusions/phantasms.

This is issue not only for Deceptive Evasion, it’s for every clone-creating skill.
At this point, there also need to be rule, that clones don’t overwrite phantasms.

But simply by adding case that if you have 3 clones/phantasms there won’t new one will solve not only overwriting problem, but also (again nerf shatters, but it’s ok, because it hard to use) solve 4-6 clones shatter issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

Clones don’t overwrite phantasms. Clones will overwrite clones and clones only.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mungrul.9358

Mungrul.9358

Yup, even more reasons for never coming back. I really like the incredibly mobile form of play Deceptive Evasion encourages in its current state.

Please note that due to restrictions placed on my account, I am only allowed 1 post per hour.
Therefore I may take some time replying to you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: oliverstoned.2695

oliverstoned.2695

If you have 3 Phantasms out, a Clone will overwrite the oldest Phantasm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

How many times do you actually get 3 phantasms out? I mean really? That is like a cloudless day with a perfect blue sky and a beautiful robin sits down next to you and sings a song.

Also after the nerf now they won’t will they! After the nerf you can have all 3 phantasms out without canceling any because clones won’t spawn. I guess this is a buff for phant builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Shatter builds are nerfed?! This nerf pretty much affect all Mesmer builds with traits in precision!

Let me guess that they’re just about nerf, nerf and more nerf, rather than actually fixing the kitten bugs with weapons/skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Critical Infusion is a major nerf for shatter builds. And shatter is not even meta in PvE or PvP or WvW.
Making a subpar build worse? GG ANet. Now PvE consists of Phantasm builds only. PvE build variety is down to 10/20/0/25/15 phantasm or 0/30/0/25/15 phantasm!
How awesome is that?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sunshine.4680

Sunshine.4680

Where are these notes at?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

Where can I read about the upcoming changes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hule.8794

Hule.8794

Deceptive Evasion is a nerf for condi mesmer. As a condi mesmer i use DE for destroying clones which will give random condition to enemy.
http://dulfy.net/2014/01/17/gw2-ready-up-skill-and-balance-developer-livestream-notes/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

How many times do you actually get 3 phantasms out? I mean really? That is like a cloudless day with a perfect blue sky and a beautiful robin sits down next to you and sings a song.

Also after the nerf now they won’t will they! After the nerf you can have all 3 phantasms out without canceling any because clones won’t spawn. I guess this is a buff for phant builds.

Can’t tell if serious…

Phantasm A > Signet of Ethers > Phantasm A > Weapon Swap > Phantasm B

There, 3 Phantasms out in about 4 seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Immensus.9732

Immensus.9732

i think they ve done some pretty heavy nerf to all classes previously including mesmers, but they were necessary, this time is just too much, mesmers need vigor and good endurance regen, and they nerf the skill that gives them this ability, that is just bad really bad

Mesmers Shall Rule Tyria!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Deceptive-Evasion-nerf/first#post3512400

I’ll just leave this here for those who haven’t heard yet.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Mesmer

Nyanko.7689

Well, it’s just misunderstanding then.
It seems ok. Thanks for link.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

- Critical Infusion – increased recharge from 5s to 10s. Too much dodging in this game and it is a 5 pt trait so we want you to find an alternative source for vigor. It couples too well with Deceptive Evasion.
- Deceptive Evasion is problematic – we are making it so that it only make a clone when you don’t have clones out already.

Well… Take a deep breath…
It’s okay. Somehow.
It’s okay to nerf too strong builds (even if it’s my favorite), but why, ANet, why so deep?

It would be much fairer to include internal cooldown 5-10s to Deceptive Evasion, than this.

well since the massive glamour nerf they did( none of the other classes apart from bm rangers has ever had an entire build nerfed by over 60%), nothing surprises me anymore. the dev’s play war mainly and dont know anything about mes. thats why they dont understand how all the nerfs destroyed the wvw mes and turned us into veilbots. i mean they buffed mantras…ever tried a pure mantra build? and then dived into a zerg? yeah try to recharge that stupid mantra in this cc meta the mantra just doesnt fit the game very well as most of the classes just can use their skills while mantras are useless if u get immobilized while trying to recharge, etc.

most of our bugs have not even been adressed yet. the iwarden is so broken atm that id either doesnt spawn at all or just stands there.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Also consider the overall dmg nerf for burst builds, it will be nigh impossible to kill a condi class as a shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Don’t forget the confusion nerf.

Let’s face it. Anet hates Mesmers.

Why don’t they just removed the class from the game and be done with it?

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bOgz.7263

bOgz.7263

Im with you, please just remove mesmer and make all her soulbind stuff acct bound so I can utilize my parked ele.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Im with you, please just remove mesmer and make all her soulbind stuff acct bound so I can utilize my parked ele.

+1 to that, i’d most likely just grind a warrior to 80 and give my stuff to him. It would be a safe bet, warriors will never be nerfed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

i think mesmers need to be nerfed even further… and phantasms and stealth removed from the class… because mesmer is still too OP in 1 vs 1.. and thats how they balance the game right? so yay more nerfs.. bring it on! i want everyone to quit mesmer so i can be the only mesmer left in GW 2!!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

i think mesmers need to be nerfed even further… and phantasms and stealth removed from the class… because mesmer is still too OP in 1 vs 1.. and thats how they balance the game right? so yay more nerfs.. bring it on! i want everyone to quit mesmer so i can be the only mesmer left in GW 2!!!

Don’t forget to put portal on a 240s cooldown, spatial surge a reflectable projectile, oh and remove phase retreat.

;)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Don’t forget to put portal on a 240s cooldown, spatial surge a reflectable projectile, oh and remove phase retreat.

;)

They might as well just nail our feet to the ground now.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arewn.2368

Arewn.2368

The nerf will sting, but I’m all for it from a power shatter build’s perspective if they back it up by increasing clone gen in some way for shatter builds.
Using dodges to generate clones instead of using dodges for.. dodging, is pretty lame and I’d like to see it changed. I’m happy with this nerf if it leads to that.
We’ll see how that goes though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

Power shatter mes here and I agree with Arewn.

I currently trait for Deceptive Evasion, but the nerf for me will not be a game changer as long as Anet increases other clone gen methods.

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Where did I miss the announcement that ANet will buff other clone generation methods?
I am fairly sure this will not happen, as it would just nullify the fix for DE.

This is just not going to happen. Nope.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dimyzuka.7051

dimyzuka.7051

I don’t think Aanet realizes how much vigor clone generation affects shatter specs. Why would you nerf shatter mesmers so much in the current meta it makes no sense.

+1 for dueling in the mists.
+1 for 3v3 or 2v2 deathmatch

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

That really took 1 nerf to open people’s eyes that shatter was already pretty kittened?…
Shatter builds been taken down from day 1 to ground level.

Anet should re-consider what they want with mesmer these days

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’m more bothered by the people in this thread that are using builds that want 3 phantasms out on a target but are still taking DE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

Syndarin Eledhwen.6513

Some good impression at the follow link:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Alashya-on-Mesmer-Changes/first#post3518429

would love to see your feedback!!

in Mesmer

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

the clones it created often overwrote your actual useful illusions/phantasms.

This is issue not only for Deceptive Evasion, it’s for every clone-creating skill.
At this point, there also need to be rule, that clones don’t overwrite phantasms.

But simply by adding case that if you have 3 clones/phantasms there won’t new one will solve not only overwriting problem, but also (again nerf shatters, but it’s ok, because it hard to use) solve 4-6 clones shatter issue.

necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: KarinaCO.6948

KarinaCO.6948

If you shatter 3 clones they enter a seperate queue in which you can send 3 more clones to shatter and then 3 more until they hit the target. They are already considered “dead” so the DE nerf doesn’t hit shatter builds that hard if you time your shatters and dodges well.

necro