Mesmer: Stuck in Combat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soon.5240

Soon.5240

More than any other profession, it seems that Mesmer’s get “stuck in combat” for extended periods of time, even when there is no apparent combat taking place. I don’t see that I have any active Illusion, and even Shattering doesn’t help.

Is this common? Any suggestions? I’m not saying that the problem is chronic, but it is annoying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Applying non damaging conditions to nearby ambient creatures is usually the culprit. I had this problem on my necromancer until I stopped using rending shroud (pulse vuln to nearby foes while in shroud)

Check your traits and skills.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

This happens to me all the time, but it only seems to happen in higher level maps.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Some areas around events keep you in combat regardless of profession. By being there, you are part of the event.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sorel.4870

Sorel.4870

This happens to me even in pvp, where there is no ambient creature. It is very noticeable, and happens only when I play mesmer. It is indeed rather annoying, I don’t know what causes it. Maybe it is only a matter of perception.