in Mesmer

Posted by: jludwig.6093

jludwig.6093

Debating on which sword to get for my human female Mesmer with my Shooshado

1. Bolt
2. Shining Blade
3. Infinite Light

Or any other ideas

Just looking for some honest opinions about what people think looks best…

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Get bolt so you can stick it in the punch bowl. ;3

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Personally, Gold Fractal Sword is the best looking sword skin in the game and the trail is cool.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I had Infinite Light for ages. Love it.
Considering getting Shining Blade though but that’s not gnna be anytime soon.
Never been much of a fan of Bolt.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

I’m in this camp. Bolt is a wallhanger with a rat tail tang! Shining blade and Infinite light are real swords.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Personally, Gold Fractal Sword is the best looking sword skin in the game and the trail is cool.

I like old fractal sword better. White/purple trail just looks so natural to me.

But now there is shining blade which looks cool on mesmer as well.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

Personally I’m not a fan of the flashy skins at all, I think Bonetti’s rapier fits in best with the aesthetic.

BOOM

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: YMIHere.9580

YMIHere.9580

I use toy weapons.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystique.6793

Mystique.6793

I really love the idea of my mesmer’s weapons being conjured, so I use the phantasmal skins. The 1h sword is whisperblade. Just made the axe too in anticipation of Mirage. ^^

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’m in this camp. Bolt is a wallhanger with a rat tail tang! Shining blade and Infinite light are real swords.

The Shining Blade is about as ridiculous as Bolt. Infinite Light is nice though.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I really love the idea of my mesmer’s weapons being conjured, so I use the phantasmal skins. The 1h sword is whisperblade. Just made the axe too in anticipation of Mirage. ^^

Totally agree. There is only one skin mesmers should use and it’s a phantasmal skin

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

The Shining Blade is about as ridiculous as Bolt. Infinite Light is nice though.

Agreed, the Shining Blade is a hideous model.

The only things I like about it are the compacting on stow (feels like Mass Effect style weapons and also means it doesn’t clip through the ground which is kind of important on asura) and the purple/yellow visual effects.

The footsteps look like disco floor lightning and the excessive structures around the hilt area turn me off.

I can fully appreciate why it is designed like that – representing the symbol of the Shining Blade, but skins like Infinite Light or Gold Fractal Sword are far more appealing as “normal” fancy weapons.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

I’m using Ebb and love it. It will look pretty good with Shooshadoo, both being water themed.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Wasn’t a fan of Bolt but I made it anyway so I could stop carrying around a bunch of swords for the stat reset option. The footfalls are sort of ugly but it’s growing on me. Not a fan of the new legendary, the noise it makes is awful. I’ve been debating reskinning over Bolt to Whisperblade, the purple misty sword always was my favorite.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

get holosmith sword , its a lightsaber . also fits mes

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Daishi.6027

Agreed, the Shining Blade is a hideous model.

The only things I like about it are the compacting on stow (feels like Mass Effect style weapons and also means it doesn’t clip through the ground which is kind of important on asura) and the purple/yellow visual effects.

The footsteps look like disco floor lightning and the excessive structures around the hilt area turn me off.

I can fully appreciate why it is designed like that – representing the symbol of the Shining Blade, but skins like Infinite Light or Gold Fractal Sword are far more appealing as “normal” fancy weapons.

Hey, it’s not about the aesthetic design or the ridiculousness of it. It’s that bolt has a a small tang (where the blade extends into the handle) and looks like it would snap if I tired to use it. (and thus should be hung on a wall to display… cuz it is pretty.)

I agree tho the foot falls on shining blade are pretty silly.

Gold frac sword isn’t bad, but it’s hard sell vs infinite light which is longer and has a nice thicker blade. Beautiful trail effect tho <3

as Musu said Holosmith lightsaber sword is a good pick, and the mastery completed version (The Cutting Edge) is shorter for some reason? So original light saber ftw!

They are coming out with the Luminous Weapons and the sword isn’t a bad cheaper alternative (or even an off hand of same length) to infinite light. [&CpsdAAA=]

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Hmm the Luminous Sword looks interesting, although the lack of trail is a shame (one of the main reasons I love the Gold Fractal sword is the gold trail – looks especially cool on Blurred Frenzy).

But yeah the Lightsaber is awesome and does away with any floor clipping issues.

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

I can;t wait to get that skin on my mesmer, the only thing I need to figure out is some jedi-looking armour.

BOOM

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elessaria.9142

Elessaria.9142

Nah, wait for the 800 gem version that has a dye channel… >.<

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

I’ve been running bolt on chrono for ages now and it really looks good. Im going for shining blade atm as it feels the best all around sword skin for mesmer, kinda purple-ish and the astral glow is amazing. Both skins look amazing with shining blade being slighlty more fitting of the theme.

Still u dont need to invest a fortune as there are a lot of nice sword skins. Both regular and gold fractal skin are good, abaddon sword skin is amazing, the purple mist sword skin (dont remember the name), infinite light and there are probably much more that im not aware of. If u want something good looking with average cost i’d recommend the whisperblade. Probably the most fitting sword for a traditional looking mesmer.

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

Mesmer Sword Skins

in Mesmer

Posted by: The Choach.6574

The Choach.6574

GW2 Style has a lot of goofy looking joke characters I’m sure you can reference if you are looking for ideas. If you are wielding Shooshado then we can discern you are not trying to look like a traditionally fashionable human Mesmer so I would suggest the Silly Scimitar perhaps? If you are going for a Quaggan theme however then I would suggest the Pearl Broadsword, as early concept art shows that those weapons were designed after Quaggan themes.