Mesmer VS Warrior

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

Its not usually, but there are some warriors that gives me some kind of trouble, i run a Power PU build, Osicat Hidden Cat, usually i have no problems in 1v1 with almost every class, only some Engs and Warriors that really gives me headeche.

What you guys think? Its a L2P issue?

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Try and keep at rang. Watch for the animations of there moves so you can time your movement and rolls. Stay in hidden as long as possible. Also try and los if you can.

Don’t know what more to say. Hope that helps.

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Anton.1769

Anton.1769

i run a Power PU build

I hope it without torch? If with – throw out it and equip pistol → no more problems with anybody

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: pupi.2465

pupi.2465

i run a Power PU build

I hope it without torch? If with – throw out it and equip pistol -> no more problems with anybody

Actually, the set is Scepter/Pistol and Sword/Torch…. i find this way more effective than GS.

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Could just be build.

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

i run a Power PU build

I hope it without torch? If with – throw out it and equip pistol -> no more problems with anybody

Actually, the set is Scepter/Pistol and Sword/Torch…. i find this way more effective than GS.

Try switching it up with Scepter/Torch – Sword/Pistol. Use sword 3 to kite rather than to lockdown against warriors while you you wait for iDuelist cd to get him low. When you switch to Scepter/Torch, hold off on using Prestige if you can until your weapon swap comes back up; then, use it as part of a prestige -> sword 3 -> burst combo if that will finish him.

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What kind of warrior are you having problems with? Which weapon sets do they run?

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Shameless self plug, but one thing I enjoy most about my Intelligent Mind Wrecker build is fighting pesky Thieves and Warriors 1v1.

Not to say that I don’t still lose to some really good ones every now and then, or when I mess up, but overall my success rate against them is much higher then with any PU build I played before, including Hidden Cat. (Which is an excellent build for sure!)

Hidden Cat has significantly more defense from PU of course, but the spike damage from my build is very similar to a GC Shatter, only less often, but in turn you have a lot more survivability and get great damage output from both the Phantasms and MoPain in between MWs.

It simply overwhelms them with spike damage that they can’t out-heal so easily.

Currently I’m playing a variant with Sw/Torch & GS, as well as Travelers for perma-speed, which trades a bit of the spike damage for more survivability. I played PU builds for months, but I am only now finding that PU is actually a bit overrated. The Prestige is awesome all on it’s own, and so is Decoy, so although PU is undoubtedly a great GM trait, I’m also finding that it invariably means your damage output has to suffer.

What I love about my build is it’s diversity. You’re almost a hybrid Phantasm/Shatter with a little Mantras thrown in, and each brings great synergies to the build.

All that said, you should also consider your interrupt options. Halting Strike can really do a number on Warriors, as they’re exceptionally easy to interrupt. They telegraph just about everything they do, and you can frustrate the crap out of them if you shut them down. (Watch for stability of course, put sword clones on him to strip that.)

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Make sure to watch for their big tells and mitigate them through blurred frenzy, scepter block or a stunbreak. If you were condi PU you could just try kiting, but since you’re power … you might just have to do the same except you’re going to have to race healing signet.

When I played condi PU against a hambow I got dumpstered because I used decoy and phase retreat offensively, then just got hit by the CC combo – so I’d say just kite them around if you want to win. Remember you can cast phantasms from stealth too – so make good use of that since it wont reveal you.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: killahmayne.9518

killahmayne.9518

I find that a staff is really helpful for kiting,

Mace/Greatsword Video (Sept Patch)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoAjKtD6MLY

Mesmer VS Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: xallever.1874

xallever.1874

Use the invuln shatter strategically. If you didn’t manage to evade/block their first hit in the rotation, activate that invuln no matter how few clones/phantasms you have.

Also, if you have portal ready, put it down strategically (after invuln for easy escape for example).

As a shatter Mesmer, I tend to look for fights where you can easily turn the tide by outnumbering the opponent and look for the squishiest target at that if possible.

I’ve been experimenting with GS/Staff to kite the Hambow and use Null field. If you manage to get him to do his rotation while you’re invuln or in the Staff 5, then it wouldn’t be too difficult.