Mesmer almost non-viable? [PvP]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

Hello fellow mesmer,

yesterday was the first Academic Gaming tourney after HoT went live and the matches our guild played felt really awkward and unfamiliar.

First match I ran Bunker Chrono and the match felt well-balanced even if we lost in the end. The second match I went Shatter Chrono ‘cause we lacked damage but I almost couldn’t bring on any damage to anyone of the enemy team and I couldn’t even do a full shatter combo. The enemy team was composed of two dragonhunter, one tempest, one shatter chronomancer and one scrapper.

Things I noticed during the match:

• a lot of blocks are underway now after HoT
  • a lot of AoE makes it hard to fight on point
  • CC everywhere, especially with dragonhunter and scrapper

So I think or feel like mesmer or even chronomancer are almost non-viable for an organized PvP group besides Bunker Chrono which played pretty well.

TL;DR What are you experiences after HoT in regards of mesmer/ chronomacner viability in organized PvP tournaments?

PS: maybe it’s not that mesmer/ chronomancer is not viable, but I’m as a player am not viable?

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

the team that beat you had a chronomancer… Maybe they are more experienced and played better?

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

“a lot of blocks are underway now after HoT”

You have GS 2 which goes through blocks, other than that, don’t burst while they are blocking.

“a lot of AoE makes it hard to fight on point”

Your not supposed to be on point for long on a shatter mesmer.

“CC everywhere, especially with dragonhunter and scrapper”

Just try to dodge any hard CC.

As for if chrono is viable or not,t hat remains to be seen, but it’s definitely looking promising.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

As for if chrono is viable or not,t hat remains to be seen, but it’s definitely looking promising.

You’re surprisingly optimistic. While not as dead as the warrior, chrono is not in a good spot right now. The only savior would be some balance patch, fixing the power creep.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

You’re surprisingly optimistic. While not as dead as the warrior, chrono is not in a good spot right now. The only savior would be some balance patch, fixing the power creep.

We actually have a pretty good spec.

The problem is that DH and Revenant completely overshadow us and daredevil now counters us hard again. I think ESL mesmers will fall back to the traditional sword/torch/portal/moa approach again.

I really want to play with staff and shield. But considering the following fact: DH can hit hard from range, revenant have infinite teleport with unblockable attacks, thief still deadly to us.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

hehe, well, after all, aren’t we the people that stuck with mesmer? xD

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

We actually have a pretty good spec.

The problem is that DH and Revenant completely overshadow us and daredevil now counters us hard again. I think ESL mesmers will fall back to the traditional sword/torch/portal/moa approach again.

I really want to play with staff and shield. But considering the following fact: DH can hit hard from range, revenant have infinite teleport with unblockable attacks, thief still deadly to us.

I agree that the problem is not us. I actually still think chrono is a bit too strong comparatively to the old meta. Not much, but the blocks are a bit too long, precog is a bit too good, and alacrity overflows. This means that chrono feels in many ways like an upgrade and not a side grade (though as you mentioned, it’s not fully impossible that mesmers decide to go back to the old PU).

The problem is all the other specs who just got better. The revenant does our roaming role almost as well, but also survives better and rocks in team fights.

One thing which I am interested in is that bunker/support mesmer finally started to appear in tournament. I’d love to see more of those and see how well they fare.

hehe, well, after all, aren’t we the people that stuck with mesmer? xD

I do continue main-ing my dear purple butterfly. What matters to me is finding a build I enjoy and which works well enough, and I have that. At my level, the “meta” does not matter that much. But I like watching tourneys and it saddens me to see so few mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: Yunalesca.9850

Yunalesca.9850

I do continue main-ing my dear purple butterfly. What matters to me is finding a build I enjoy and which works well enough, and I have that. At my level, the “meta” does not matter that much. But I like watching tourneys and it saddens me to see so few mesmers

Practically this.

I will also stay with my chrono, but I’m still out there trying to find a build which I enjoy and works well in our guild team.

Yuna Brija – Bunker Chronomancer [TDG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Practically this.

I will also stay with my chrono, but I’m still out there trying to find a build which I enjoy and works well in our guild team.

Why not try the chrono build that you got beaten with?

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t think chrono is in the best spot currently, but to complain about chrono being unviable when the team that beat you actually had a chrono is just a little bit…special.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

While I think DH, revenant, and scrapper are all stronger then us (They are all way overtuned imo), I think we are still very good. Chrono has a lot more depth to it so I dont think we have found the right build yet unlike the other classes that are a lot more simpler. Currently, I have been using a dom/illu/chrono build for the past 2 days that has been preforming very well in unranked. I honestly think with ireverb and chronophantsma the requirement of dueling can finally be over.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CruleD.7380

CruleD.7380

To be honest, since the tree changes I’m unable to make my Mesmer work. I try to endure it when I’m doing my daily.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

To be honest, since the tree changes I’m unable to make my Mesmer work. I try to endure it when I’m doing my daily.

Really? After the trait changes mesmer has become a lot stronger. How exactly are you struggling?

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Triflux.8027

Triflux.8027

I don’t think we are that weak. We have a lot of CC and block/evade uptime.

If you can get Well of Precognition to proc twice with F5, plus your shield block and sword #2, you have up to ten seconds of evade/block. It’s not as long as warriors immunity.. But its something.

CC is insane too. With shield #5 and F3, you can sort of stunlock someone if you time everything correctly. With Mantra of Distraction its even easier to do so.

As for damage, I wouldn’t say ours are bad, just that we are more bursty by nature. DH and Reaper hit for a lot right now, but I swear they are gonna get nerfed..

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Let’s be honest:

• If you remove portal from Mes/Chrono, you remove Mes/Chrono from organized/torny PvP.

Second problem:

• Most of Mes/Chrono’s new and updated power lies in interrupts and/or lockdown.
  • Portal is taken in place of Mantra of Daze, which is the cornerstone of any decent and viable interrupt Mes/Chrono spec.

In torny tier Mes suffers the juxposition of making its class setup viable with the much needed MoD/Interrupt/Lockdown features (including things like pistol which are lost for the necessity of torch) in place of Portal which provides a nitch, albiet game altering mechanic to any team comp.

It’s funny that we got to this point actually. Either portal is holding us back, or all our power being locked into our interrupt/lockdown features is.

Also as has been pointed out, there’s less and less interruptible things in game now more than ever.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Blades of Sabatine.5639

Blades of Sabatine.5639

Just like wordlord of chaos said, finding the right build makes a different when it comes to mesmer/chron.

Just like curled said, at first was finding it hard to find a new build but had an idea what I want to do. Once you find that out with mesmer you can face up against any build.

My build am playing or still testing, might some minor adjustment works wonders against most class I have come across in unranked and hot joint PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

While I think DH, revenant, and scrapper are all stronger then us (They are all way overtuned imo), I think we are still very good. Chrono has a lot more depth to it so I dont think we have found the right build yet unlike the other classes that are a lot more simpler. Currently, I have been using a dom/illu/chrono build for the past 2 days that has been preforming very well in unranked. I honestly think with ireverb and chronophantsma the requirement of dueling can finally be over.

Def. not impossible. Especially now that clones die quicker than ever to scrapper aoe, reaper aoe, tempest aoe, dragonhunter aoe. We’ll see.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on