Mesmer and World Completion Star ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tum.5894

Tum.5894

Hi guys,
I just wanted to ask something about world completion.
I see others who have it get the star next to there name. But when your a Mesmer and have this star, does the star affect WvWvW etc.

Like when we have 3 identical clones out, wont the invader enemy know which one to attack as we will have the star next to our name, but the clones wont ?

This is putting me off completing the world at the minute as i enjoy my WvW but dont want this to happen to me !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Yes the invader will know which is you because you will have the star and your clones won’t. ANet is aware but haven’t fixed it yet.

Feel free to send an in-game bug report to remind them.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Right now, I don’t think the star is added to your clones, but it’s been reported by users as a bug.

If you worry about it, then maybe hold off on getting your last PoI or something until it’s fixed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

I don’t think it would matter too much. Good players will usually know which mesmer is the real one anyways. Plus I’m sure Anet is going to fix it sooner or later. They have said on prior forums that they are trackin the whole completion star/clone thing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: CindyBunnie.1764

CindyBunnie.1764

Even if they fix the bug with the Completion Star or you don’t have one yet, the real Mesmer shows their Consumable and/or Guild Flag buffs. I’m not sure if anyone else noticed this, but I noticed it immediately when I started doing WvW and fought a few Mesmers, and thought it was weird. Has anyone else reported that and gotten an answer from Anet about fixing it as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: daita.7204

daita.7204

Duplicating the star to the clones is not the solution cause we can see the star behind wall, rocks, trees.

Please, remove the star in WvW or give us the option to do it!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

As a mesmer you simply have to hold off on 1 skill point in an area. My suggestion is one in WvWvW. Don’t hold off on a PoI as this could lead to an accidental completion of the star and would make it more of an issue for you. Once they fix it (don’t hold your breath as they work on issues based on what they find is critical) then you can complete the zones and get your star.

It’s a known issue for quite some time but it’s probably not high on their list due to a. complexity of resolution or b. due to it only affecting a small amount of players and therefor they handle issues that affect more players.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TGSlasher.1458

TGSlasher.1458

This also happens with the commander icon and the lfg icon and I assume the anet icon

Also real mesmer has signets and glory boosters (sometimes the clones have them as well, but not always).

Also, if you deselect the mesmer then only the real on has a name above his head (unless you turned names off).

In s/tpvp world completion icon should be hidden or at least toggle able.
“You are entering competitive area, would you like to disable you world completion icon”
- Yes
- Don’t care
- Ferocity “LET THEM SEE ME, I WILL SLAY ALL!” (obviously a no)

Slasher Sladorian – Charr Warrior – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Sladorian – Charr Ranger – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows
Sophea Of Elements – Human Elementalist – [DECM] | Sea of Sorrows