Mesmer downed #2 skill problems...

in Mesmer

Posted by: QuackzMcDuck.9840

QuackzMcDuck.9840

I’ve noticed a problem with the mesmer downed #2 skill. This problem isn’t as big in PvE or SPvP, but it really sticks out in WvW. We all know that the #2 teleports, stealths, and creates a clone of yourself, that’s fine, but nearly everyone goes to res the clone.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Obviously the ultimate alternative to avoiding this is don’t get downed or don’t use the #2, but something should be done to assure that the #2 doesn’t trick your allies as much as it tricks your enemies…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Typhoon Blue.3698

Typhoon Blue.3698

I have more of a problem with the fact that I teleport into the enemy rather than away from.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

The only thing I hate about it is the randomness of the teleport.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Happens all the time, its become a running gag in our TS channel
“Have we rezzed the right one yet?”
Best I can offer, is to comm well with your guild, I can now say “Wrong one” and who ever is rezzing me swaps to the right one

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I usually call out immediately which one the “real” me is.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

They should just make it so you can’t heal the clone. Should be able to tell which is you pretty fast then.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

The real one is the one with the revive icon above its head.

At least I assume that’s the case, since enemies can tell which is the real Mesmer by looking for the red skull icon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: exodus.3291

exodus.3291

Or being able to be res’d from the res on the clone =P

[HiRO] – Maguuma
http://www.twitch.tv/esm1th

in Mesmer

Posted by: Limbo.9017

Limbo.9017

The clone has revive icon too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abarcine.7189

Abarcine.7189

The clone gets a white revive icon ( NPC revive Icon) the player gets a blue revive icon ( Downed Player). As players get more used to playing with a mesmer nearby it will become less of an issue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ZeroStatic.2176

ZeroStatic.2176

The clone gets a white revive icon ( NPC revive Icon) the player gets a blue revive icon ( Downed Player). As players get more used to playing with a mesmer nearby it will become less of an issue.

This. I’m amazed how many lvl 80 people still don’t seem to grasp this, or even don’t know how half the skills work.

Best one I’ve had was where I used 2, got up myself and people started rezzing my downed clone even though I was up right next to them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Abarcine.7189

Abarcine.7189

The happens to me quite a bit as well. At least it’s good for a chuckle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: styx.7294

styx.7294

People res’ing my clone always make me laugh. I make sure to yell at them on vent. Why can’t my friends tell me apart from an illusion?

Probably the 2nd time I was ever downed, I was by myself. I used 2, killed the mob and ralied, and without thinking started res’ing the person beside me. I res’ed my own clone and felt really stupid.

Mesmer is weird. It’s the only profession where you spend all your time watching yourself get killed all around you in every fight. I was in AC and one of my clones got knocked back and fell to the ground and I was like “What if that was the real me and I’m just the clone?” =(

Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: drake.2135

drake.2135

It’s easy to tell if it’s a clone because the name is green, rather than teal.

Unfortunately, it’s also easy to tell if it’s a clone when it’s an enemy. The real player will have the standard red downed arrow beside it’s name, while the clone won’t. Though it still shows up as two downed on the map.

“The beginning is the beginning. The end is also the beginning.”
~Drake from Blackgate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

haven’t you heard that to trick your enemies you must first trick your allies?