Mesmer invisible bug

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: moikent.2694

moikent.2694

Whenever mesmer go into invisible via The Prestige, Veil, or Mass Invisibility. You get this pix-elated purple boxes over your character. See attached Image. Wonder how to fix this?

Attachments:

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Take off the radiant gear you’re wearing, that’ll fix it.

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: moikent.2694

moikent.2694

Thanks. But i like my armor. @arenanet can you guys fix this bug already.

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

There are more important things and in no way they must “fix it already”.

Snow Crows [SC]

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

That bug is just embarrassing. Yes they should fix it and it ought to be easy, but probably isn’t due to the usual shoddy games industry “software engineering” practices.

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: echo.2053

echo.2053

Agreed.

We only get a extremely limited attention for big fixes. I’d rather them fix an actual game breaking bug like perma self immobilize after teleport then to waste time fiddling with a visual bug that only yourself and maybe a few teammates will see for 3 secs.

If for some reason you still find this bug to be unbearable, please feel free to add it the current Menander bug list which you can find here
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmer-s-Bugged-Skills-Not-Updated-Anymore

I’m sure they will get to it in a quick and efficient manner

Bender the offender – Proud violator of 17 safe spaces –

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

I didn’t think it’s a bug. It happens when you have toy sword skin as well (because of the red pieces of ‘tape’ that go behind you) I kind of like the look of it!

Pineapples rule

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teufel.9864

Teufel.9864

This stealth thing happens with the Mad Kings outfit, looks funky tho! But outfits and mesmers another story. :P

Mr Maguu – Char Mesmer – Gunnar’s Hold

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

It is a bug with certain skins. Think the Zodiac set does it, but maybe they fixed that back when it first was reported.

Mesmers have a lot of gamebreaking bugs at the moment, though. I’d say appearance of invisibility is pretty low on the list right now, given that we have bugged clones, a broken iWarden, teleports that make us stuck, and many other things waiting to be fixed. Invis looking pixelated on some characters doesn’t really negatively affect us in any way.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

Considering that they specifically fixed this for Rogue stealth already, I’d say it is one of their concerns. Not affecting the Mesmer version (which applies a different graphical effect) is obviously an oversight.

Furthermore, the artists fixing graphic rendering aren’t going to conflict with the developers making class balance or skill bug fixes.

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lydon.1890

Lydon.1890

It’s extremely sad that we’re at the point where we’re almost asking the developers not to fix a bug because there are more important bugs that need fixing :/

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

It’s extremely sad that we’re at the point where we’re almost asking the developers not to fix a bug because there are more important bugs that need fixing :/

^

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: storiessave.3807

storiessave.3807

Furthermore, the artists fixing graphic rendering aren’t going to conflict with the developers making class balance or skill bug fixes.

In terms of graphic rendering, the clone bug is way worse than this. Enemies being able to tell right away who the clones are because their clothes look different is gamebreaking. This bug is not.

Tarnished Coast

Catorii | Lustre Delacroix | Catorii Desmarais | Synalie

Mesmer invisible bug

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

In terms of graphic rendering, the clone bug is way worse than this. Enemies being able to tell right away who the clones are because their clothes look different is gamebreaking. This bug is not.

The outfit issue isn’t an art/rendering issue. The code for clones/Phantasms has to be updated to take into account the new outfit slot. The graphics/art work fine.

The invisibly bug has to do with how the effect recolors the dye channels of armor. Currently, the animations for special graphical effects are being recolored as well, causing them to be outlined by the new coloration.

They’ve already fixed this for the default stealth, which most effects use, but the Mesmer’s invisibility is a special variation which colors the dye channels differently and, of course, was missed.

Oversights like this are one of my biggest pet peeves with their implementation process, like how they’ll change a skill but not the traited version of it.

(edited by Dastion.3106)