Mesmer is not Mesmerizing in my Eyes

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Please Anet! The reason why I became a Mesmer was because I wanted to blow enemies’ minds. The fact that I can’t do that except only when I stealth and use Blink/Portal is disheartening. i want more skills that can somehow trick the opponent into disarray. Maybe its a bit hard to achieve that or maybe it will make us OP. just please try and give us Mesmerizing skills instead of the common blink/stealth that some classes already have. Deceptive evasion and Shattering are not nearly enough to become the center or our Mesmer Mechanics. PLease?

I do realize of combos such as ileap , then stealth, and then finish leap combo a few seconds later or do some other stuff with it, but it isn’t enough in my eyes.

(edited by themenaceofseventhdimension.2075)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

Mesmerizing is defined as to hold the attention of (someone) to the exclusion of all else or so as to transfix them. Technically nothing does this 100%, but clones and illusions can be said to do this as they do distract and hold attention. This is a large part of the mesmer’s kitten nal so I think it fits.

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esmee.1067

Esmee.1067

I share in Invictus’ opinion. Illusions are exactly the kind of thing I expected reading the name ‘mesmer’ and the blinking and portals add to the feel aswell. Unique? No, but this is more or less what I expected ~6-8 years ago when I got gw1, now I got it. Shame it’s such an opinion thing.

The PU condition build especially stunned me the first time I saw it in action, it’s like all my 15y old imaginations upon reading the mesmers gw1 description.

(This being said, nothing will ever beat the fun of interrupts, shames and diversions, but animation-wise I expected too much in gw1, got it so many years later with a different playstyle, oh well.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ox See Sox.3687

Ox See Sox.3687

I feel we miss a simple utility(elite?) skill:

Swap places with your nearer illusion.

Second Activation: Swap places with your nearer illusion.

Brains > Brawls
So Much Blur

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

for Example, 2 simple changes to deceptive evasion and suddenly Mesmer becomes Mesmerizing.

When you dodge, you create 2 clones instead of the one clone we get right now.
To make this not OP, we could make it so that it does not have any effect on clone on death and shatter skills. so for example, if I had 3 clones up and i used the deceptive evasion, I would not be getting 2 clone deaths nor 2 additional clones for a 5 clone shatter combo. The clones will be replaced bye 2 new clones but so that it does not have effect on power of certain traits and mechanics. Of course there are more complicated situations that arises of having to balance out clone on death and shatter mechanics if this is implemented, but im sure Anet can pull it off. Im sure about that.

When you have deceptive evasion, your clones that appear also do a dodge animation as they appear. This would help if maybe you just got out of stealth and your enemy does not have a target on you. It would confuse your enemies greatly.

Just some minor changes. It would give more awesomeness to Mesmer which I think could use a little bit now.

(edited by themenaceofseventhdimension.2075)