Mesmer mantra condi build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rebornz.4768

Rebornz.4768

I’ve been doing a lot of 1v1 in wvw these past days with my shatter builld.

And i saw some mesmer play the mantra condi build and they were immortal.

I mean stack of confusion,tourment,bleed ect. And they literally take no damage.

And when they go below 50% they go back to full in no time.

I was wondering what kind of build/gear they were using.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

What mantras the mesmer was using?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I would assume that build’s probably part mantra and part ‘rupt. I’d most likely build it as: 0/4/6/4/0. IIRC, that’d allow for CI/RM/Mender’s. I’d also take BI for boons, MoRec/MoD/MoP/Debilitating Dissipation. Staff/Scepter/Focus for weapons loadout. Half Dire/Half Rabid for armor/trinkets, maybe 1/3 Dire to 2/3 Rabid.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Just give them more burst. Burst everything.

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I can identify two key issues:

• You were doing 1v1.
  • You thought it relates to class setup / balance / anything.

1v1 exists for a very simple reason: To be farmed by groups of 3-5 players.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schattenlied.4873

Schattenlied.4873

1v1 exists for a very simple reason: To be farmed by groups of 3-5 players.

You don´t have to play 1vs1 if you don´t like, but why disturb other people´s fights? You neither get much loot nor do you improve your skills as a player. Do you interfere with gvgs as well? I bet you don´t, because an angry zerg would farm you…
Such an idiotic statement, and completly off-topic as well. -.-

On topic: I´ve been playing mantra lockdown builds in wvw for quite a long time and killing a shatter mesmer isn´t that hard, you´re more tanky, got more condition remove, more heal and more cc. But since you were fighting some sort of condition build, you got a serious advantage: range. A shatter mesmer´s greatsword should be ideal to pressure the mantra mesmer while staying on range. Sooner or later, your opponent will run out of mantra charges – save your interrupts for this moment and end the fight with your burst.

Xaverí [RUN] [OMFG] [TDS]
Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rebornz.4768

Rebornz.4768

Thank you guys for your answers.

Well the mesmer i fought told me his build and he was playing pu condi. Thats why he was “immortal” ^^’

Like Schattendlied said nothing is wrong with 1v1 and its pure skills. I don’t get the 5v1. Is it fun ? do you improve your skills by doing it? pls explain im lost.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

You don´t have to play 1vs1 if you don´t like, but why disturb other people´s fights? You neither get much loot nor do you improve your skills as a player. Do you interfere with gvgs as well? I bet you don´t, because an angry zerg would farm you…

Most 1v1 roamers prey certain key areas. Removing them ensures that reinforcement-runners can freely run back alone instead of having to pair up or triple up to ensure not being ganked along the way.

It’s just playing to win. Which is what I do in WvW, and ganking the 1v1 roamers as much as possible is helpful to that. Plus, if you’re having a party of five, an individual 1v1er is a speedbump at best. The loot/time is actually very good, assuming you were already running that way for some other reason.

It also helps because if you do this for a bit, then you can notice the players leaving the specific BG, lowering enemy population. In our tier the BGs rarely cap, so this is beneficial to us (if your enemy realm caps, ofc you want the 1v1 players in the BG to take up spots instead).

GvG is quite different. Dunno how it is for you, but the guilds I run across on my realm or others fight around material and for material, not strictly player vs player (there’s a separate zone for that, in any case). And due to how organized they are, they’re actually extremely important for winning the map.
Ofc in theory, 1v1 roamers would be good for preying on reinforcements like I said above, but it’s very inefficient. Groups of ~3 players would do this much better and be able to prey on the enemy 1v1ers (exactly what we do, most of the time :P ).

And yes, this is purely about objective. It’s why I don’t see much reason in “fight balance” in sPvP either, the goal is clearly to attain 500 points via hardpoint domination, so the only relevant balance is ability to do work towards that. And in WvW, to do material warfare. That’s the win condition, after all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Schattenlied.4873

Ok, that´s a much better strategic approach to ganking. Your first post seemed more like mindless killing and farming to me. As you said, there are a lot of “good” reasons to kill roamers from a PPT point of view.

I just mentioned GvG because (from my experience) a lot of gankers ruin the fun for us smallscale players but they would never do the same with larger (guild) groups. Their “red=dead” believe often seems to be only an excuse to kill outnumbered players.

By the way, there are quite a lot guilds on our servers that play for fights rather than objectives. If numbers are even, most of them prefer no other guilds interfering with their fights. You prefer to play for objectives rather than fights, which is ok for me.
What I don´t like are groups of players who don´t do anything but ganking – usually those guys are dead in a matter of seconds when they have to fight with even numbers.

Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Interesting, would these guilds not rather stage fights in the Obsidian Sanctum where they cannot be interfered with?

in Mesmer

Schattenlied.4873

Sure, some fight in OS to have completely even matchs. More often though, they just join the borders. The majority will help to defend important objectives or team up if necessary. But if there are only 20-30 assaulting players, a lot of guilds prefer to fight them on their own rather than killing them most effectivly with the help of 20 other guild players, 25 guys from our public lead and 5-10 roamers. :P

Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nubu.6148

Nubu.6148

Like xaveri said, you will loose the thrill only fighting in the OS .

Nubú -Engie -Asura-
BNF-Bitte nicht füttern-
Smallscale <3 !