Mesmer map completion star in WvW and PvP

in Mesmer

Posted by: Forgotten Tears.8627

Forgotten Tears.8627

Hello, so basically some time ago when you had the map completion star in your mesmer it wouldn’t show up in your clones, making you extremely easy to be spoted in WvW and PvP. I’ve been told by a few people that they have “fixed” this issue by simply not displaying the star in wvw and pvp areas anymore while playing as a mesmer. I’d like confirmation wheter that’s true or not. thanks in advance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

I would also like confirmation concerning this issue.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Embolism.8106

Embolism.8106

The star can be seen by allies but is invisible to enemies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aleph Naught.9034

Aleph Naught.9034

Did you actually check that or just repeated what one of the devs said? Because I haven’t seen a single first-hand confirmation of the star being no longer visible to enemies in WvW. And we all know that the way Anet fix their bugs is somewhat fickle.

Mild Delirium | Innuendum [ENDO] | Gandara

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

Did you actually check that or just repeated what one of the devs said? Because I haven’t seen a single first-hand confirmation of the star being no longer visible to enemies in WvW. And we all know that the way Anet fix their bugs is somewhat fickle.

It’s easy to check, just go to sPvP and play two or three matches (or switch teams during the game if you could). Allies that have the star lose it when they become the enemy.

in Mesmer

Aleph Naught.9034

I’m not sure I trust Anet enough to assume that if it’s been fixed in sPvP it’s also been fixed in WvW.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

The last time I saw a star was on someone from the same server as me, over a week ago now. Haven’t seen a star on the enemy in ages.

Would be nice if Anet confirmed this.

Gandara

in Mesmer

Embolism.8106

They did confirm it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

They did confirm it.

Do you have a reference? That would put the matter to rest. Sorry if you’re offended — I’m not willing to go on just your word.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Aleph Naught.9034

Yeah, they confirmed it alright.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Mesmers-still-nerfed-for-world-completion/first#post1043431

Still, it would be nice if someone could ask people from a different server in their WvW group to meet up and test it. To, you know, really confirm it.