Mesmer masks

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Veprovina.4876

Veprovina.4876

Hi all mesmers!

So i’ve been playing my Charr Mesmer, and it’s pretty fun, and it actually doesn’t look as stupid as i thought it will. The shattered glass butterfly effects look great, and on a Charr they don’t give me that school girl vibe i was getting on a norn character (which is why i deleted it). I chose the angry evil mask that looked laughable when i tried it on a norn, but It looks pretty amazing on a charr! See the screenshot. Other 2 starting masks are terrible on any other race, but meh on a charr, so yeah. Angry evil mask it is…

Now… All the other masks i’ve seen… Wow are they ugly!

Will i ever get another mask that looks at least remotely epic? All the other look funny at best… Not really something you’d fear when you run into it (yeah i like to roleplay).

Are there even other masks that cover more than the characters eyes?

When you’re a mesmer every day is a carnival, eh?

Is there some site where i can see all the masks? I know i’ll spoil most of this “look and feel” aspect of my game with this, but i have to know. I’ve been clinging to my first mask forever, even if other headgear i found is way better, i still wear my first mask. Now i found some half hood/cowl thing that looks threatening, so yeah… I want a mask.

A mesmer’s mask creates an image…

Attachments:

Ravos Xar, Ash Legion Charr Mesmer

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Urthona.3198

Urthona.3198

Screenshots of all light armors on a charr.

Bear in mind that the tribal set labeled “masquerade” is PVP only.

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hendo.4671

Hendo.4671

You’re a giant man-eating hunting cat, with horns to gore with no less. As an added bonus your race was responsible for the genocide of the humans of Ascalon.

How could you possible be more scary with a cloth mask? As a courtesy to all of the terrified human children you should probably wear a nice mask.

“Right now, if Trahearne were to be ground into mulch in front of me,
I’d offer the one responsible a carafe of balsamic vinaigrette dressing and some croutons.”
— BaireSharque

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

OP, what did you just say? the “evil” mask looks awesome in my norn!!, look at her… now repent you puny charr! or else it seems i’ll have some extra fur this winter…

PD: ha ha, joke… but no, seriously, how can that mask look bad on a Norn?

Attachments:

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Discord.1543

Discord.1543

another thing you could do is make a necro alt, choose the skull mask or one of the others, transmute that onto a white piece of low level trash armor and hand it over to your mesmer for a more menacing look

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: ButterOfDeath.2873

ButterOfDeath.2873

OP, what did you just say? the “evil” mask looks awesome in my norn!!, look at her… now repent you puny charr! or else it seems i’ll have some extra fur this winter…

Voldo? is that you? (if you know what i mean)

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrazyAce.3842

CrazyAce.3842

Still looks like a Noh mask to me.

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Veprovina.4876

another thing you could do is make a necro alt, choose the skull mask or one of the others, transmute that onto a white piece of low level trash armor and hand it over to your mesmer for a more menacing look

Hey! Now why didn’t i think of that! If i save my first mask, i can Transmute any item’s properties into that first mask right? So it’ll have the properties of a high level item and look like that first mask? The same as the necro face paint? Or anything for that matter right?

I don’t know it’s just not clicking for me… And as for your norn, with that body, it’s a shame to put a mask on. Or is it hiding something? :P Anyway, it doesn’t look bad, it looks creepy and all, but i just think maybe it shouldn’t have been full face. Idk… It’s just not working for me.

You’re a giant man-eating hunting cat, with horns to gore with no less. As an added bonus your race was responsible for the genocide of the humans of Ascalon.
How could you possible be more scary with a cloth mask? As a courtesy to all of the terrified human children you should probably wear a nice mask.

Yeah, but still… :P Even with a nice mask, the big teeth and horns kinda stick out… :P I’m never gonna be a lovable kitty to human children so why not go all the way. :P And if i need to be good, i can always get the bunny ears from the shop.

And thanks for hte link Urthona!

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

Hey! Now why didn’t i think of that! If i save my first mask, i can Transmute any item’s properties into that first mask right? So it’ll have the properties of a high level item and look like that first mask? The same as the necro face paint? Or anything for that matter right?

if you transmute stuff, its soulbound, isnt it?

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

if you transmute stuff, its soulbound, isnt it?

Yes it is, you will not be able to transfer a necro armor piece over to the mesmer, this was a bug that was present early on in launch.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Veprovina.4876

Can i make a mesmer character, then give the mask to my main mesmer?

How does transmuting work anyway? I’m kinda confused about this… Can i transmute indefinitely with the same look or does the equipment dissapear or something?

For example… I transmute some piece of head armor to look like my first mask, and it retains its stats and bonuses. What happens then? The mask is gone or is the second piece of equipment gone?

What item do i get? I mean the icon, does the icon look like the first angry mask, but with new stats or does it look like the item used, but in the world shows as the first angry mask…

And can i reuse the look? Transmute once with one set of stats to look like the angry mask, then transmute again, another item to look like the same mask (if i only have one mask)? Or do i need more masks…

Can someone please clarify that?

Or should i just save my first mask for my endgame armor and transmute it once, because it’s impossible to transfer masks from another mesmer and impossible to reuse the same look twice?

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

@Veprovina – When you transmute, you’re basically merging 2 items to create 1 new item and you choose what appearance and stats you want the new item to have from the 2 items you are merging. So if you want to keep your Mesmer mask appearance indefinitely, during the transmutation process you will always select the appearance of your current mask but choose the improved stats of the new headgear you’ve acquired.

I’ve been transmuting headgear to keep my starting Mesmer mask appearance right the way up to level 80. I think I must have transmuted to keep the appearance around 10 times now.

Gandara

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyvius.1679

Xyvius.1679

Wow… that mask does look amazing on a Charr. Nice find, cool char.

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Veprovina.4876

Wow… that mask does look amazing on a Charr. Nice find, cool char.

Thank you! I think so too. That’s why i’d like this to be my end game mask. I think it would look cool with some other armor… since all other armor’s headgear kinda sucks on a charr… :P

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Veprovina.4876

@Veprovina – When you transmute, you’re basically merging 2 items to create 1 new item and you choose what appearance and stats you want the new item to have from the 2 items you are merging. So if you want to keep your Mesmer mask appearance indefinitely, during the transmutation process you will always select the appearance of your current mask but choose the improved stats of the new headgear you’ve acquired.

I’ve been transmuting headgear to keep my starting Mesmer mask appearance right the way up to level 80. I think I must have transmuted to keep the appearance around 10 times now.

So you’ve been using the same mask over and over again for appearance, and other items for stats?

I mean. You transmute the mask for appearance and another headgear for stats to create a new item that’s a mask…

Then you can transmute that new mask item (that has the appearance of the starting mask), with another headgear to get new stats, but keep the appearance?

Am i getting this right?

That means, i can just keep transmuting that mask over and over again, keeping the appearance and getting new stats all the time?

If i understood that right, then that’s what i’m looking for.

I’m kinda scared to try, because if i screw up, i can loose the mask forever. :O

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tsori.8245

Tsori.8245

Yes it is, you will not be able to transfer a necro armor piece over to the mesmer, this was a bug that was present early on in launch.

Its not fixed and is still very doable.
Do as follows:

1. Roll a spare character for the necro mask you want.
2 get through the first part, untill you finish the intial story section and are put in your starter area

3. goto the armoursmith and select the lvl 10 tab on his sale menu. Buy a light helm

4. Transmute the light helm with the appearance of the necro mask

5. place the new item in the bank

6 switch to your mesmer, remove from bank, enjoy.

I use the necro blue glow eyes on my mesmer all the time
Edit: Just a heads up too. Soulbound doesnt apply to class unique items anymore, when transmuted they are account bound.

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It was intended. GW2 dev’s posted so. I don’t have the source but it’s somewhere on the forums.

That means, i can just keep transmuting that mask over and over again, keeping the appearance and getting new stats all the time?

Yes, I do that all the time.

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hawkmoon.5849

Hawkmoon.5849

Best. Answer. Ever. +1.

Hope is the carrot dangled before the draft horse that plods along in the vain attempt to reach it

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xuthus.8103

Xuthus.8103

Sharing my Mesmer wearing all his mask.

Evil mask = hands down for Asuras..

Attachments:

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gubrz.7283

Gubrz.7283

Its not fixed and is still very doable.
Do as follows:

1. Roll a spare character for the necro mask you want.
2 get through the first part, untill you finish the intial story section and are put in your starter area

3. goto the armoursmith and select the lvl 10 tab on his sale menu. Buy a light helm

4. Transmute the light helm with the appearance of the necro mask

5. place the new item in the bank

6 switch to your mesmer, remove from bank, enjoy.

I use the necro blue glow eyes on my mesmer all the time
Edit: Just a heads up too. Soulbound doesnt apply to class unique items anymore, when transmuted they are account bound.

hey it worked! snagged the 2 necro masks i wanted n put on lvl 10 armorer cloth masks, which are now “account bound”, in bank for later!

sadly, Maskmule did not survive the transmutation… she passed away shortly after i logged her off…

(edited by Gubrz.7283)

Mesmer masks

in Mesmer

Veprovina.4876

Sharing my Mesmer wearing all his mask.

Evil mask = hands down for Asuras..

The evil mask looks creepy on an Asura! I like it!