Mesmer needs a 25% Mov. Speed Signet

in Mesmer

Posted by: Decked.8274

Decked.8274

My sugestion is to rework Signet of Midnight:

Passive: Grants a 25% increase in movement speed.
Active: Blind nearby foes.
Blind: 3 s
Radius: 360
Range: 360

in Mesmer

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

I’d fully be in support of this change. Would absolutely love to have a 25% speed boost.

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Majora.6028

Majora.6028

This. This 1000 times.

in Mesmer

Posted by: drongas.4189

drongas.4189

dont have free utility slot. so i dont need it

………..Gandara………..

I’m kill you’r bessies

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I use SoM for the 10% boon duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Me too, better make Signet of Inspiration give only swiftness when out of combat.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Midnight – keep the +10% boon duration, but maybe add a small +15% speed boost.

Inspiration – +25% movement and no boons when out of combat (in combat the usual 10s per boon).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entropy.4732

Entropy.4732

God yes. My mesmer is SOOOOOOOOOO slow. Especially swapped from my main Engi with perma-swiftness.

Styx Hemlock – Sylvari Mesmer – TFG – NSP

in Mesmer

Posted by: sim.8903

sim.8903

This is seriously my biggest gripe with the mesmer. I’ve tried every other class and really love the versatility of gameplay that I get with mes, but the running speed is just awful. I really hate to use focus, but in WvW it’s a must. In spvp I use pistol so I just run around very slowly :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Bah, slow builds = complainers.

Good boon duration + focus swapping + 1200 blink = faster than your zerg spamming speed skills.

Your typical mesmer:- 0% boon duration + no focus (or a smart one who swaps to focus when travelling, might even be traited) + no, or 900 range blink = complains on the forums, or takes runes of centaur/air much to the hate of mesmers who believe it’s a silly sacrifice to have to make.

All this to say that, sure there’s a problem, but there’s something to be said about the players build that’s a part of it. Also, leave Signet of Midnight alone. That’s 10% more boon duration right there!

Here’s a pro tip: 2x rune of monk, 2x rune of water, 2x rune of speed = 50% boon duration to speed (+30% to every other boon), + upwards of 30 points in chaos trait line = +80% swiftness duration (and 60% to all other boons).

Personally 50% bonus swiftness is plenty for me. I prefer a bonus 20% might duration instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ichal.9504

ichal.9504

this ^

in Mesmer

Posted by: RushUnplugged.7408

RushUnplugged.7408

Don’t you see the problem in having to make a build specifically to move faster?
Using 6 runes just to boost swiftness duration from focus is hardly optimal, when other professions run around with perma-swiftness or a plain boost without crippling themselves.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

None of these will happen because mesmers are OP… Looking at 90% of the posts in places like wvw and spvp it’s about how OP mesmers are therefore adding mobility to us just isn’t going to happen. As much as we would love it!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Brienson.7319

Brienson.7319

Good boon duration + focus swapping + 1200 blink = faster than your zerg spamming speed skills.

Your typical mesmer:- 0% boon duration + no focus (or a smart one who swaps to focus when travelling, might even be traited) + no, or 900 range blink = complains on the forums, or takes runes of centaur/air much to the hate of mesmers who believe it’s a silly sacrifice to have to make.

not sure if you’re serious. virtually every mesmer in wvw uses focus, whether they like it or not, because mandatory if you want any kind of mobility. i rarely see pistol, sword, or torch, because the offhand is monopolized.

dragonbrand—

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

not sure if you’re serious. virtually every mesmer in wvw uses focus, whether they like it or not, because mandatory if you want any kind of mobility. i rarely see pistol, sword, or torch, because the offhand is monopolized.

That or the Air/Centaur bit. Allows OH swapping, at least … running Centaur myself,
gotten used to the lack of extra C.Dmg (used to run full Undead.) But, yes, it’s a
sub-optimal solution. Problem is -as mentioned earlier in this thread/others like it-
we will probably never get an auto-speed signet/trait, since we’re so bloody “OP.”

Of course, now one can stack Temp. Curtain > Swiftness. I’ve played around with TC > Centaur heal, and it provides some nice Swiftness uptime, especially with 20+ Chaos.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

@Ross:
So you are saying mesmers are fine b/c we can be fast w/ certain builds that include specific weapons, utilities, traits, and a few gold worth of gear, which usually means gimping your build’s effectiveness in other roles. While most other classes can do it with a single utility or adept trait which has minimal effect on their build.

Yeah, I can see how that’s balanced. /sarcasm.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

Personally, I’d rather see the +25% movement speed being incorporated in general out of combat speed then having a utility slot tied up for mere convenience on just about any class.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

@Ross:
So you are saying mesmers are fine b/c we can be fast w/ certain builds that include specific weapons, utilities, traits, and a few gold worth of gear, which usually means gimping your build’s effectiveness in other roles. While most other classes can do it with a single utility or adept trait which has minimal effect on their build.

Yeah, I can see how that’s balanced. /sarcasm.

But it won’t happen. We won’t get a speed signet in any shape or form… Just go look a the sPvP mes/thief non problem thread… People there are even stating that our freaking condition removal is too good… WTF?!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: wintermute.4096

wintermute.4096

But it won’t happen. We won’t get a speed signet in any shape or form… Just go look a the sPvP mes/thief non problem thread… People there are even stating that our freaking condition removal is too good… WTF?!

Our condition what?

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

Our condition what?

Not even joking… We are getting complaints that our condition removal is too good. And its better than a warriors… Last i checked warriors have at least some condi removal built into a heal skill.. And mesmers get what in their heal skill? Oh thats right just healing.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

ichal.9504

if they make portal available to every profession (like the last rumor i read somewhere here), then I say they have to make speed utility available to every profession too

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

If your build doesn’t take any of the options that allow you to have 100% (or near 100%) up-time on swiftness, that’s on you as that is the current state of the Mesmer.

I do understand the beef though with things like the Engineer spending 10 points in a good trait line and getting perma-swiftness while a Mesmer has to invest much more to receive the same.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vyce.2014

Vyce.2014

I don’t want this. I’d rather have a DIFFERENT weapon grant swiftness. I like my three utility slots too much to feel like I need a signet there. Also, I’m sick of being forced to use the focus for swiftness, which is pretty bad too considering you can’t stack swiftness with it (the focus DOES have useful skills, don’t misunderstand me).

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

And the fact that if we want to keep up we have to use a weapon with a phantasm that is only good in pve unless traited to reflect it is useless in pvp. And to get it in heal skills (air/centaur) that make a mesmer trying to build for condition damage useless. Or a mesmer trying to build a tank-ish build. This is the horrible thing about being a mesmer is that in order to have decent up-time on swiftness we have to use a situational weapon and runes that give bonuses to only certain build types and/or situational… A condition damage mesmer is slower than a slug and a tank mesmer can only get it on their temp curtain which doesn’t stack. I think if ANET made it so that you could stack it by crossing a couple times our issue with speed wouldnt be that bad. Because then it would depend on weapon to get a good up time. Right now we have to use runes AND a weapon to match the out of combat mobility of other classes.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

If your build doesn’t take any of the options that allow you to have 100% (or near 100%) up-time on swiftness, that’s on you as that is the current state of the Mesmer.

I do understand the beef though with things like the Engineer spending 10 points in a good trait line and getting perma-swiftness while a Mesmer has to invest much more to receive the same.

Well give the engineer a weapon skills that include a stun breaker on low cooldown, and you can have a 10 traits perma swiftness including a button smashing every 5 sec.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

@Vyce/jportell: TC stacks. Thing is, you have to do TC first. I’ve done it with Focus/Centaur runeset. But yes, it is an asinine way to do things. Of course, Guard’s
arguably more shafted. 2 Shouts (one of which is on a slow c/d), heals on longer c/d than anything in a Mesmer’s arsenal (assuming Air/Centaur setups), or Staff.
@Kardiamond: I hope you don’t mean Phase Retreat. That’s a dodge more than anything else. And if you’re KD’ed in it, you’re staying KD’ed until the duration runs out. ILeap is buggier than all heck, especially in regards to pathing. Engi Shield skills might suck on c/d time, but are pretty useful defense.

As for condition removal arguments: Warriors -IIRC- are supposed to be weak versus conditions, as they were designed. Even then, Mending/Shake it Off aren’t absolutely horrid options. Hell, at least one of their condi-drop options is a free
stunbreak. Their only weakness is that -in truth- they’re arguably a little too glassy
to be a ‘front line’ class. Guards easily out-defend ’em, and a Thief built right can
out-damage ’em.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

New Elite ability: Mantra of Swiftness

When charged, the Mantra passively adds 25% movespeed. Readies 2 charges of 4s Quickness with a 4s cooldown. Mantra has a 90s cooldown.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

jportell.2197

This is true advent! IT is indeed asinine that we have to do it… I still think they have somewhat better access all though not by much… But they also aren’t as punished for not being fast like us. :/ And yeah warriors still have better condi removal then mesmers…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Hey guys, let’s make a great class even more amazing!

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

I don’t think it’s needed. People only want this for traveling, and there are already enough ways to get more movement speed as it is (focus, runes, sigil, food). If the Mesmer had 25% movement speed, on top of clones, stealth, and teleportation, it would just end up making the Mesmer feel too overpowered.

I’d much rather see them improve Signet of Midnight to having 25% boon duration..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

That could definitely work, Kasama. I know I could make that work, and strip those Centaurs offa my armour. Of course, any high-Chaos Mesmer could say that one …
Also comes with the drawback of having to drop a utility slot, as a means of balance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Max.8563

Max.8563

Me too, better make Signet of Inspiration give only swiftness when out of combat.

Something like this would be terrible, I want speed during combat not out of it
Please never do this Anet.

All this worry about speed is about one thing, having more options of runes or weapon choices, that’s related to combat, not out of combat running.
If they gives us out of combat running they will take something away, and we will still be stuck with the same limits to our options !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

I don’t think it’s needed. People only want this for traveling, and there are already enough ways to get more movement speed as it is (focus, runes, sigil, food). If the Mesmer had 25% movement speed, on top of clones, stealth, and teleportation, it would just end up making the Mesmer feel too overpowered.

I’d much rather see them improve Signet of Midnight to having 25% boon duration..

Agreed. Temporal Curtain (focus skill #4) = nearly perma-swiftness that you can share with your party.

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eliyahu.1467

Eliyahu.1467

Agreed. Temporal Curtain (focus skill #4) = nearly perma-swiftness that you can share with your party.

8-13 seconds of downtime is not even close to “perma-swiftness.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Why should we use only focus when there’s torch, sword and pistol out there just waiting to be exploited for fun and profit?
Oh wait, they don’t have swiftness, silly me. We also have to kitten our damage and survival with that rune business to reach that ever elusive perma-swiftness, while other professions can just swap traits or utility.
“oOOoo but that would be too op, not to feel like illusionary slug”, well stop right there ye illvsionieth, thy shall not run, swap to walk and ye be glad we don’t have frozen-cripple ready.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Geoffroy.3685

Geoffroy.3685

8-13 seconds of downtime is not even close to “perma-swiftness.”

That’s right, thought you get it down with Inspiration VIII (+20% focus CD) and some points in the Chaos line (I personally have 20 for the Chaos X’s staff buff).

Amelia Ivardottir — Falconeer (Greatsword & Bows Ranger) — Volcanus
Emmeline Ivardottir — Duelist (Sword & Focus Mesmer) — Sunrise / The Anomaly

in Mesmer

ichal.9504

When charged, the Mantra passively adds 25% movespeed. Readies 2 charges of 4s Quickness with a 4s cooldown. Mantra has a 90s cooldown.

but i like this

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Something like this would be terrible, I want speed during combat not out of it
Please never do this Anet.

I said “give only swiftness when out of combat”, not “give swiftness only when out of combat”. See the difference?

That’s right, thought you get it down with Inspiration VIII (+20% focus CD) and some points in the Chaos line (I personally have 20 for the Chaos X’s staff buff).

I’m doing that as I’m only playing WvW in groups. So I’m putting 20 in inspiration (helps with a glamour build at least), have to use the focous and signet of midnight and still have ~4s swiftness downtime.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kardiamond.6952

Kardiamond.6952

@Kardiamond: I hope you don’t mean Phase Retreat. That’s a dodge more than anything else. And if you’re KD’ed in it, you’re staying KD’ed until the duration runs out. ILeap is buggier than all heck, especially in regards to pathing. Engi Shield skills might suck on c/d time, but are pretty useful defense.

That’s exactly what I’m talking about, and I know it’s not a real stun breaker.

But man, how many time did it save the mesmer I was trying to immobilize/magnetic pull/stun.

Even if it doesn’t break the stun, it still deadly for class that need to be in range to do damage.

Trust me, I would love to give you guys a perma swiftness if we had that skill in our toolbar.

Rotthen (Necro) / Zhyx (Engineer) /Inglorious Beasterd (Ranger)
Server : Anvil Rock (Since Release!) [SOLO]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

I use Air Runes, Blink and even swapped to the mirror heal to try and get that little bit of extra speed….If my blink iLeap combo fails, which it does regularly anyone can get away from me bar another Mesmer.

I don’t even bother trying to chase players anymore unless they run into water, if they go in water I can catch them with spear skills, which is nice. However on the ground….not a chance, very frustrating.

It hit home how horrifically slow my Mesmer is, when I tried chasing down an up levelled guardian, I managed to get a few CC’s on him when he got into the water, but when he managed to get onto land, I did blink, iLeap which failed, he popped retreat and just tore off into the distance lol

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loco.4561

Loco.4561

This actually is a really good suggestion, would be good if it wasn’t an elite, since most classes get this from normal utilities and don’t have to give up an elite.

Mashup Bootleg ~ WvW Mesmer
Cyrus Glitch – sPvP/tPvP Mesmer
Doctor Loki – sPvP/tPvP/WvW Power Necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Oh I don’t care about the swiftness, I just want any excuse for a Mantra Elite so I can get more bonus damage.

KEKEKEKEKEKE

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Giving a 25% movement sig to mesmers doesn’t make any sense unless you truly believe that every class should have one.

ANet has said that Thieves should be the kings of mobility with rangers close behind, but it doesn’t make sense for mesmers to be the sprinters (they are, after all, a class dressed in ball room dresses and suits). Mesmer mobility is best illustrated by cunning, not pure physical prowess.

in Mesmer

Decked.8274

Giving a 25% movement sig to mesmers doesn’t make any sense unless you truly believe that every class should have one.

ANet has said that Thieves should be the kings of mobility with rangers close behind, but it doesn’t make sense for mesmers to be the sprinters (they are, after all, a class dressed in ball room dresses and suits). Mesmer mobility is best illustrated by cunning, not pure physical prowess.

I’m not saying that every class needs a 25% Mov. Signet, what I’m saying is that Mesmers need an easier access to movement speed, wich all other classes already have, they will not be faster than these classes so I don’t see why are you calling them sprinters.

In a game where everything needs to be balanced, this is a small thing that is simply not balanced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

That’d remove some rather neat functions like opening a surprise attack with Fury or starting with Aegis when jumped.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, mesmer movement speed doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In a group in wvw there’s always permanent swiftness shared between players. If I need to run away I can generally out confuse the enemy and get out of their sight/switching directions, if someone is running from me why should I care? They ran away, I win! Outside of wvw wtf you in a hurry for anyway? There’s way points everywhere, the little jaunt you might have to make between way points is nothing, enjoy the scenery.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

You guys must have never played a Guardian. I really don’t think Mesmers are that slow.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again, mesmer movement speed doesn’t bother me in the slightest. In a group in wvw there’s always permanent swiftness shared between players. If I need to run away I can generally out confuse the enemy and get out of their sight/switching directions, if someone is running from me why should I care? They ran away, I win! Outside of wvw wtf you in a hurry for anyway? There’s way points everywhere, the little jaunt you might have to make between way points is nothing, enjoy the scenery.

Not everyone runs around in zergs in WvW?

And if you’re wandering around solo what are you in a hurry for anyway? I spend a good portion of my wvw time solo, on a bl I can cross the map back and forth to get all the yaks easy peasy, ebg isn’t so simple but lol.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Decked.8274

You guys must have never played a Guardian. I really don’t think Mesmers are that slow.

“Retreat!”, “Save Yourselves!” and Symbol of Swiftness

in Mesmer

ichal.9504

“Retreat!”, “Save Yourselves!” and Symbol of Swiftness

and GS leap