Mesmer notes Apr 19

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Meta mesmer before chrono did more than just portal, and the discovery and smart usage of portals on top of reflects, iWarden chaining, mob pulling and blink tricks makes far more mechanical creativity than just spamming alacrity generation skills.

It’s been a very long time since most of those were wanted from mesmers. Guardians did reflects and mob pulling far better than us while also providing far higher dps. Realistically the only thing that made us objectively useful was portal; as exhibited by speedrun mesmers literally just holding an fgs by the door ready to run for a portal while everyone else did the dpsing.

We went from smart use of Power Block on bosses to it being useless garbage, reflects were marginalized, pulls were marginalized.

You mean the all of 8 hours that power block worked through defiance? Past that it wasn’t really ever used, since trying to block some skills for 15 seconds was a waste of time and effort. Reflects and pulls were certainly nerfed, but guardians did both of those better anyway…

You use shatters that you wouldn’t use otherwise and at significant DPS cost just to keep that stupid boon running so everybody else can actually do something.

I don’t think you know how to play PvE chrono very well if you think this is true.

You can spin the whole vanilla WoW totem bot however you want, but the chrono is there for one thing and that’s alacrity generation.

Not to pick at nits here, but you seem to be forgetting that at least half of our purpose is quickness generation.

And let’s not sit here and pretend like ele and revenant aren’t providing utility while still being top tier DPS.

The role of an ele in a raid is to press 1, 2, and 5 repeatedly. If they need to switch to water or something else for utility, somebody else in the raid has screwed up. Same for a revenant outside of being a boon duration totem for the chrono. On top of that, revenant hasn’t been top-tier dps for months now, not sure what you’re talking about.

Mesmer and ranger players who bought into the vanilla game under the premise of being a DPS class as they advertised got screwed with this bait and switch of elite professions.

Wait what? Since when did Anet ever advertise specific classes as dps classes? You’re just expecting things that were never promised.

Yes, I understand that it’s reasonable to feel disappointed that Mesmer isn’t able to be the top dps class if that’s what you want to do, but it’s unreasonable to expect that Anet has an obligation to make every class able to do everything. The balance team’s first and only priority is to make every class viable in every mode of play. Nothing more, nothing less.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Question – anyone planning to use Precog Well after this?

Personally I think while the cooldown reduction is ok, it’s still an absolutely horrible skill and a waste of space so hopefully it gets a proper rework in the future.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Meta mesmer before chrono did more than just portal, and the discovery and smart usage of portals on top of reflects, iWarden chaining, mob pulling and blink tricks makes far more mechanical creativity than just spamming alacrity generation skills.

It’s been a very long time since most of those were wanted from mesmers. Guardians did reflects and mob pulling far better than us while also providing far higher dps. Realistically the only thing that made us objectively useful was portal; as exhibited by speedrun mesmers literally just holding an fgs by the door ready to run for a portal while everyone else did the dpsing.

We went from smart use of Power Block on bosses to it being useless garbage, reflects were marginalized, pulls were marginalized.

You mean the all of 8 hours that power block worked through defiance? Past that it wasn’t really ever used, since trying to block some skills for 15 seconds was a waste of time and effort. Reflects and pulls were certainly nerfed, but guardians did both of those better anyway…

You use shatters that you wouldn’t use otherwise and at significant DPS cost just to keep that stupid boon running so everybody else can actually do something.

I don’t think you know how to play PvE chrono very well if you think this is true.

You can spin the whole vanilla WoW totem bot however you want, but the chrono is there for one thing and that’s alacrity generation.

Not to pick at nits here, but you seem to be forgetting that at least half of our purpose is quickness generation.

And let’s not sit here and pretend like ele and revenant aren’t providing utility while still being top tier DPS.

The role of an ele in a raid is to press 1, 2, and 5 repeatedly. If they need to switch to water or something else for utility, somebody else in the raid has screwed up. Same for a revenant outside of being a boon duration totem for the chrono. On top of that, revenant hasn’t been top-tier dps for months now, not sure what you’re talking about.

Mesmer and ranger players who bought into the vanilla game under the premise of being a DPS class as they advertised got screwed with this bait and switch of elite professions.

Wait what? Since when did Anet ever advertise specific classes as dps classes? You’re just expecting things that were never promised.

Yes, I understand that it’s reasonable to feel disappointed that Mesmer isn’t able to be the top dps class if that’s what you want to do, but it’s unreasonable to expect that Anet has an obligation to make every class able to do everything. The balance team’s first and only priority is to make every class viable in every mode of play. Nothing more, nothing less.

Check the posting history from Robert Hrouda (dungeon dev long fired after AC revamp), he basically said rangers were low on burst because they were supposed to be THE sustained dps class.

Jon Peters in the early days of vanilla, in a pre-release AMA session, said rather specifically that mesmer would be a highly offensive class doing even more damage than the necromancer, whom they also trumpeted as a high dps class.

And just because Revenant isn’t an elementalist does not make them NOT top tier DPS. The nerf to their auto was more than offset by the change to sword #3, giving them a net DPS gain. In terms of DPS, shiro/glint revenant are in the upper tier of damage dealers.

By comparison, chronomancer is abysmally low, more so than even a druid and that’s pretty bad to begin with.

I’m not disappointed at Anet missing the mark on one class. I’ve mained ranger, necromancer, and mesmer since this game’s release, and they’ve missed the mark on all those three.

I don’t even need mesmer/ranger/necro to be top dps or equal dps to an ele; I just want the gap to not be as horrendously bad as it is.

Look at WoW or FFXIV, they have gaps, but not to the degree where classes are turned away from specific roles. FFXIV has about a 5% max DPS discrepancy between classes, and WoW at most 10-15%. GW2 DPS discrepancies are immense by comparison.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Lol mesmer got buffed again. I guess I can play this class forever forgetting all others. We only get buffed.

We can can start telling players update the Phantasmal Nerf a new phantasm. lol

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

yessssssssssssss sceptre buff woo! <3 anet

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Not a really bad patch but tbh if they’re really aiming to address underused skills then they still have a long way to go.

Ignoring the fact that overhaul power shatter is unlikely to occur, here I was thinking they’re going to address some CD or cast time with arcane thievery and iDisenchanter. They are undoubtedly even more underused than wells, and it sucks to be stuck on inspiration or chunky mantra of resolve.

P.S. Not that scepter doesn’t need some love, but I feel like they’re really narrow minded in terms of weapons. All the patches in the 3/4 year or so is all about scepters. And I just did some testing on iRiposte, imo its still not pretty in the current meta :P

(edited by NICENIKESHOE.7128)

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: johnnyg.3186

johnnyg.3186

Veles and I feel very happy to be swathed in purple.

Veles Iris
Mesmer Fort Aspenwood

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wait…that must be wrong…it has buffs…is this for mesmers? omg scepter…..naaah im going back to sleep im sure it was inteded to be a nerf………

but it looks like mes finally gets some long needed attention where it was needed. maybe worth dusting off my abyssal scepter again(was shelved since confusion nerf)

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelda.6325

Zelda.6325

I don’t see how this could be called good personally. Condi mesmer will be stupidly op in PvP now and shatter mesmer obviously still bad.

The only problem with mes last season is nobody brought the right class to shut down the mes meta build.

Stupidly OP? Whatever.

What do you mean “whatever”.

Whatever. Slang for what you said or (wrote in this case) has no merit. I tend to agree with ross. Our condition build was nerfed not buffed post hot. L2p issue.

The denial is real.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: synfullydevine.3642

synfullydevine.3642

Confusing Image = Rapid Fire now, lol. I love the change for Scepter and Wells cooldown reduction.

good add to power block (lockdown)

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krysard.1364

Krysard.1364

PvP balance as usual.

Mesmer damage is still garbage, so we’ll still be alacrity bots in PvE.

Condi specs will still suck at cleave, so condi mesmer is significantly inferior to other condi specs.

One day, maybe they’ll actually get around to balancing autoattack damage across classes.

It wasn’t. In fact mesm is god tier on pvp right now.

M I L K B O I S

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i’m using a scepter for a while now, the attack speed is finally on par with other scepter users and with quicness is even more satisfying.
it’s true guys, our condition or power damage is not comparable to most other classes and we became a support class, but as far as support goes, we are the best in slot, the boons we provide are unique and very well sustained, in the meanwhile we are still doing some damage, so let’s just start to appreciate this buff for now and let’s make some pvper cry their most salty tears

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolfric.9380

Wolfric.9380

The only thing that most will complain is that MOA is still there including double MOA ….

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Toeofdoom.6152

Toeofdoom.6152

I like it when I wonder what nerfs my build will be getting, then get a whole bunch of buffs instead.

Precognition actually looks quite good now – not a huge effect, but a 30s cd stunbreak that helps you fight on point and provides some team support is quite a nice deal.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

This patch was massive, and in my opinion, a much needed one. They made several game modes much better than they have been (dungeons, fractals, events in HoM maps, etc.) and it goes on. The game overall is vastly improved from what it has been since the expansion.

Many classes got changes that were needed, this one included. Just because the changes you specifically were hoping for didn’t make it in this round doesn’t make it a bad patch. In fact, most of the complaints seem to be coming from players who mainly (maybe exclusively?) play pvp and/or WvW. It’s not Anets fault that you are ignoring a huge chunk of the game, they have an entire game to think about, not just your one section of it.

No nerfs for us, just improvements on stuff that, by all accounts of people that have actually used them, feel really good. How often have we been able to say that in the past?

There will be more balance patches and they will address more concerns as time goes on. This one was a win for us, and even if you didnt get what yo wanted, you should still be happy for the class and the game as a whole.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

And here i was gonna ask if you guys dont also find it too easy to kill people now xD
Amazing how most of you can still be negative- mesmer subforum at its best

Anyway things to consider, looking at the patchnotes thiefs seem to have gotten some buffs that some of their skills now specificly cleanse torment and confusion as well. Looks like anet wants to play the old rock paper scizzors balance again.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: curtegg.5216

curtegg.5216

The changes are good and I still wish Anet would reduce the well casting time. It seems slow and sort of takes away what you can do with CS (usually you need 3 illusions to fully exploit it). If they reduce the cast time so you can do it with 2 illusions I would be happy).

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

some of you probably know i took a break

so now more scepter buff and love but get ready for the nerf before the season starts as this time in between is testing area time.

if more ppl use the scepter you will see some nerf with icd on CS most likely

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

some of you probably know i took a break

so now more scepter buff and love but get ready for the nerf before the season starts as this time in between is testing area time.

if more ppl use the scepter you will see some nerf with icd on CS most likely

I ran sword/shield scepter/sword for S2. Staff, what a waste XD

XD

Attachments:

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Yea the blocks got really neat. Will you be willing to give your build to this old pve hag without any pvp expirience whatsoever?

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: desu.2514

desu.2514

somebody said pregog well looks good now xD best joke 2016

i write lol here with note that i was actually laughing at the comment

being able to use something useless 5 seconds more often still makes it useless. remove the stun break from it and make it distortion again and put the well cast times on par with necro excluding grav well. 1s is fine for grav.

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Yea the blocks got really neat. Will you be willing to give your build to this old pve hag without any pvp expirience whatsoever?

It’s just the meta build with a weapon change.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc8elknhO0YZawWNwsGLPH1ZBEAHG6ilPPW9geoLKA-TJRHAB1XGIgTCgQ7PAwTAAA

Don’t be fooled by all those idiots in the PvP forum. Mesmer still requires a ton of experience to truly pay effectivly. I’m 4000+ hours deep XD

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

It’s just the meta build with a weapon change.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRArc8elknhO0YZawWNwsGLPH1ZBEAHG6ilPPW9geoLKA-TJRHAB1XGIgTCgQ7PAwTAAA

Don’t be fooled by all those idiots in the PvP forum. Mesmer still requires a ton of experience to truly pay effectivly. I’m 4000+ hours deep XD

i got better build modification but i wont post it out till i test it fully

so far it reck so fast ppl they dont see it coming

i went back to scepter/sword instead of staff

Mesmer notes Apr 19

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Looking forward to seeing your posts and videos, messiah

I never switched from scepter/shield and scepter/sword to the meta. I haven’t had time to test after these changes, but I have a hybrid damage idea that I want to try out