Mesmer post-25th 'bugfix'

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hyung.6140

Hyung.6140

So, we’ve been nerfed again:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Mesmer-damage

I’m confused here. I didn’t feel like my phantasms were doing excessive damage (and I run pure phant in tpvp, mmr at around 85-90% EU), and plenty of other mesmers like Pyro had tested their phantasms and found no unusual damage.

Without detail (the bug fix just says NPC damage has been fixed) I don’t know if this is a pure phantasm nerf.

Has anyone checked their damage pre- and post- this bug fix? Was this just a weird occasional thing that has led to a straight up damage nerf, or has only the occasional spike been fixed (which would explain why I never saw the spike in the first place)?

I feel like we’re in an ok if slightly disappointing place right now, as everything that makes mesmer different and interesting gets QQ’d about until it gets nerfed. When you list the nerfs we’ve had since release it makes me REALLY want to go back to the original mesmer and see if it really felt as OP as the endless list of nerfs makes us seem like we must have been!

Anyway. How’s morale out there, mesmers? Was this nerf a) real, b) justified? What does it leave us with?

Do we all have to give in to evil and play PU stealth coward mesmer? ;p Or is there hope for other builds yet?

—-
Hyinna, Gunnars Hold
[Ub] – My Life for Alesia

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

I also have never found that my phants would hit harder than usual (Shatter Spec)
However, I somehow felt stronger after the patch and I hope, this wont leave, otherwise I would be rly disappointed. I finally felt usefull again, as a Mesmer.

Edit:
I don’t have proper “pre fix” footage, but I think, I can memorize my IZerker hitting on the heavy golem ~3700 on average.
Not it seems more like 3000-2500 :/

(edited by EverythingEnds.4261)

in Mesmer

Posted by: PhDusk.2590

PhDusk.2590

I am gonna be honest and say my morale is at 0. What did we really get from this feature patch again? Nerfs. Thieves still rip me apart, I have only one condi clear (null field) at the expense of decoy. I am not sure if it would even be worth it for me to stay mesmer for the ToL. I could run engi and be far more useful. This is my favorite class, but it kind of sucks.

/rant

Zhang He Dusk, Mezviableplz
[PETP][AyB][BKB]
Mesmer-Thief-Guard

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Just some really bad karma for mesmers I guess.

So Anet didn’t fix many of the bugs they promised with the feature patch.

To make matters worse, they introduced an unintended bug with power block, putting mesmers in a better spot, then fixed.

To add insult to injury, they released an unintended “npc” bug, then fixed.

Both of the above made us stronger and feel like nerfs, but sadly aren’t.

All of this I’d gladly set aside if they’d release a build with a fix for the iWarden.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Its great seeing the pvpers cry about what is considered the weakest class in PvP, speaks wonders of the community.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

brilliant and im sure they wont consider that in wvw it doesnt deal extra dmg and get us nerfed even further. but hay u dont need to deal dmg all u have to do is put down veil at the right time and right place.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

brilliant and im sure they wont consider that in wvw it doesnt deal extra dmg and get us nerfed even further. but hay u dont need to deal dmg all u have to do is put down veil at the right time and right place.

Dont worry this is only sPvP bug fix DMG in WvWvW is correct

And this bux fix nerf all class no only Mesmers.

Thief guild, Engineer turets, Necro minnions, Guardian spirit, Ranger pets etc

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I got to say that I didn’t experience such a high Phantasm damage anyway. I still think that Might plays/played a major role and bloated the probably bugged damage even further.

That being said, we don’t actually know if/how Phantasms were affected since they formulated their responses in a very general matter. I’ll be very amused if the Phantasm damage remains high because of extensive Might stacking.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

ohhh i see. phew i was worried for a moment there, cause if there was a dmg increase then im sure the rune is part of it. im not using it atm and thats why i can see that there is no change in dmg.

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

ohhh i see. phew i was worried for a moment there, cause if there was a dmg increase then im sure the rune is part of it. im not using it atm and thats why i can see that there is no change in dmg.

Exactly as you write. Global crit DMG is nerfed but new might stack runes make +- same DMG as before “Ferocity”

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

Other classes complain about mesmer = fix within 24 hours.

Mesmers complain about many big bugs with our skills/traits = nothing. Or possibly months go by, then they make it worse. Yay.

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Other classes complain about mesmer = fix within 24 hours.

Mesmers complain about many big bugs with our skills/traits = nothing. Or possibly months go by, then they make it worse. Yay.

We’re not Warriors?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Wasn’t this a sPvP-only problem?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Luca.4670

Luca.4670

Pve kids should just stop complaining about us seriously, im getting sick of seeing nerf cause of them. The damage never changed there was no reason to nerf our phantasms.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pride.1734

Pride.1734

You know this was done so quickly for the tournament right?
Btw its no nerf it was a bug =_=
It applies to other classes and all NPC in general.

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

You know this was done so quickly for the tournament right?
Btw its no nerf it was a bug =_=
It applies to other classes and all NPC in general.

I’m sure that’s why they bothered to change Dhuumfire or the bugged Ranger elite before PAX, right?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

I don’t see how ridiculing Anet for fixing a bug that affected all npcs is justifiable. The fix to Power Block was questionable, since we all thought it was pretty fun and useful without really being op. The fix to npc damage was necessary since no one likes being hit for high numbers by pets. Also being accidentally one-shot by Chieftan isn’t fun either. :<

in Mesmer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

I finally felt usefull again, as a Mesmer.

Sounds like a bug to me. Surely ANet will fix it.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

haha u just made my day!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

EverythingEnds.4261

Probably… -.-’

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pannas.7028

Pannas.7028

I have alot of words that i want to say you ANET but unfortunately i will get banned.
Thank you for RUINED MESMERS AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN !%$^%$&!@%$&!$%!&$%&!$%*&!$%&!@$%&!$%*&!%$&!($%(!$&!$%!&$%&!*@$ ANET

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

I am getting increasing frustrated at the warden not attacking. Was at arah just then, summoned it on a hunter 3 times, didn’t attack and they all got destroyed a few seconds after they were summon. How can anet expect us to play like this?
F@#%%@#

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bacon.4918

Bacon.4918

plenty of other mesmers like Pyro had tested their phantasms and found no unusual damage.

Yes those people did a great job testing damage… Took me all of five minutes to notice phantasm damage was out of line of my mesmer.

Highest soloQ rank – #2

in Mesmer

EverythingEnds.4261

Anybody watching Tournament of Legends right now?

Did Sensotix switch to thief?

Shows pretty much how awsome Mesmer is these days.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

plenty of other mesmers like Pyro had tested their phantasms and found no unusual damage.

Yes those people did a great job testing damage… Took me all of five minutes to notice phantasm damage was out of line of my mesmer.

To be fair I’m pretty sure Pyro tested phantasm damage on golems and not in actual matches.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I was on my ele and trying out discount runes of privateer cause wvw armor can’t be salvaged. The parrot hit for a base of about 1k damage. When buffed with 6x might pre-patch, it hit for about 1.6k. Post-patch it hits for ~1.2k with 6x might.

This was not an spvp specific bug. This was not a mesmer specific bug. It definitely had something to do with might stacking on minions. My best guess is that might on the phantasm and mesmer were both boosting the phantasms damage/counting double somehow.

For those that tested and noticed no difference, do you notice a difference now? If not, there is no reason to complain. Yes we need bug fixes but this fix was above just mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swim.6830

Swim.6830

I’ll just leave this here for the pre-fix dmg

2400 armor if anyone wants to know and had like 3 bleed stacks on me and one vulnerability when the burst came.

Attachments:

Zwim Elementalist
Consigliere
The Dragoon Brotherhood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Shatter Mesmer until I stop playing. (I will not give into PU or Phant. >=( and although interrupt has a high skill floor I still feel shatter has a higher ceiling)

Theifs can do multiple 6k heart seekers after an 8k back stab from stealth with access to evade spam, plus high coefficient auto attack. Or just run PW which is like an easier version of shatter.

We get 2k ish per phant, 1k per auto attack, 2k ea per clone on mind wrack so 8k at max on crits (which is usually only half in spvp), that’s after 25 stacks of vulnerability (which means you blew another 3 clones) while every individual small attack is being out healed via regen skills, killing any momentum, and our only true core defensive mechanic capabilities (unless your PU) no one falls for at any decent level of play. While being hard countered by the over abundance of condi cleave <3 (clearly blowing off first world problem steam here)

But hey guys we can strip boons, and we haz portals, can make people rally and meh elites. Which every mesmer can do. Clearly we are viable and full of diversity.

Morality: 0.

I’m still going to run shatter in the ToL even knowing I’m going to be “Shatt-erd”-On

But hey I got some music to go along with iPersona https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49tpIMDy9BE

Surely this will go well =’D said as I whipe the single tear away

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Ha, I am PU! Now ofc, I was PU since day 1, long before Natsu made it “cool”. So nya, go away all you kids with your “modern” specs. :P

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I know how you feel, Carighan. As much as I mess about with other playstyles, I started Condi/Condishatter, and will probably end up in the big Mesmer Graveyard as the same.
Now if they can put away the freaking Nerfnuke for a bit and -iunno- actually fix the crap they said we were getting fixed … I’d almost think they’re trying to push a guy into maining Warrior or something. Kitten on that, man.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior