Mesmer post-update

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Matheory.6572

Matheory.6572

Is it just me or did leveling mesmer get even harder now? Mesmer wasn’t famous for it’s leveling simplicity, there was no pet to tank for us, or 100 blades to just rip things to shreds, etc. – and now with trait re-work some lvl 40 traits got pushed further away to lvl 60. For instance, if I could dodge-roll to spawn illusions for shattering, now I can’t, and instead I have to survive further leveling only to get where I already used to be.

So, opinions?

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Not just you, anet just took a dump on leveling mesmers.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: ubersoldat.7014

ubersoldat.7014

Leveling is the least I’m worried about after this update.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: squallaus.8321

squallaus.8321

iwarden still not properly fixed : <
still stands there and does nothing a lot of the time =_=

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sykotic.2596

Sykotic.2596

And they swapped Harmonious Mantras and Empowering Mantras. HM is now in Dueling and EM is now in Domination. WTF good job ANet.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: sirrealist.1360

sirrealist.1360

I specifically spent the last week grinding from 30-60 to make sure I could keep Deceptive Evasion once the patch hit. Matheory, you’re going to have a tough time of it. My recommendation is to hit up AC as soon as you can, play story mode and join or create any group that says “All Welcome” or “Beginner Story” etc. You’ll get lots of XP and loot, and most likely you’ll have higher level toons to carry the group though. I like using staff and GS for tagging. Winds of Chaos would have been even better for tagging, had the fixed it like they said they would…

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

iwarden still not properly fixed : <
still stands there and does nothing a lot of the time =_=

Take a video and post to the bugs forum please.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

Phantasmal haste works though, with swordsmen anyway. They’re practically rapidfire with it.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Oh dear phant swordsmen works with phant haste now. I now predict quite a bit more phantasm mesmers in duels zzz. But yea warden still doesn’t work completely which really sucks considering I love using focus. Also, I didn’t see any fixes for ielasticity. Could someone tell us if they stealth fixed it because that’s really huge if they did.

Edit: Not sure if anyone saw this, but masterful reflection now works with signets. That’s such a HUGE quality of life change for signet Mesmers. Guess I gotta go try out signet mes again in pvp along with like 3 other builds haha. and Pyro, Portal has a range indicator now, thank god (forget how long we’ve told anet we have needed that but whatever!)

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

Oh dear phant swordsmen works with phant haste now. I now predict quite a bit more phantasm mesmers in duels zzz. But yea warden still doesn’t work completely which really sucks considering I love using focus. Also, I didn’t see any fixes for ielasticity. Could someone tell us if they stealth fixed it because that’s really huge if they did.

Edit: Not sure if anyone saw this, but masterful reflection now works with signets. That’s such a HUGE quality of life change for signet Mesmers. Guess I gotta go try out signet mes again in pvp along with like 3 other builds haha. and Pyro, Portal has a range indicator now, thank god (forget how long we’ve told anet we have needed that but whatever!)

kitten , warden still doesn’t work either? More bad news after bad.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Seriously, this patch could have been awesome but it has become one of the biggest fails I’ve ever seen.

Promotion of the cheesiest mechanics and those skilled are nerfed, power build murdered in roaming and I still don’t understand their love with that stupid condi-spam metagame.
About mesmers, the only worth thing is the “semi” PH fix, but the rest? Tons of bug fixes, but only on the least used and useful skills and traits, some big bug fixes announces that still are bugged, no significant and useful trait reorganization, there’s no new GM that could be better that the ones we already had (seriously Triumphant Distortion has an internal CD?), or that amazing joke on portal, how fool we all were…

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Seriously, this patch could have been awesome but it has become one of the biggest fails I’ve ever seen.

Promotion of the cheesiest mechanics and those skilled are nerfed, power build murdered in roaming and I still don’t understand their love with that stupid condi-spam metagame.
About mesmers, the only worth thing is the “semi” PH fix, but the rest? Tons of bug fixes, but only on the least used and useful skills and traits, some big bug fixes announces that still are bugged, no significant and useful trait reorganization, there’s no new GM that could be better that the ones we already had (seriously Triumphant Distortion has an internal CD?), or that amazing joke on portal, how fool we all were…

April Fools! Oh wait….

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

Time to create Mesmer Bugs Round 2 thread in the bugs forum…

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I already asked about the ielasticity change. Also, power block needs to stay the same (it can put any skill in the game on a 10 sec cd in pvp INCLUDING aa’s AND ALL thieves skills, yes plz)

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

On one hand I’m a bit disappointed with the shallow changes, which seem to be mostly minor bug fixes. Not even going to bother talking about GM traits – out of which only two seem to be worth it.

On the other hand, at least nothing else major seems to have broken or been nerfed into the ground, so, well you could say nothing much has changed. I’m talking mesmer specific – of course ferocity and other global changes are significant, but also apply to every class.

Mesmer post-update

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Condi guardians as far as the eye can see.