Mesmer's Weapons?

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jared Horning.4802

Jared Horning.4802

In Guildwars 2, I find almost all of the classes enjoyable, through their utility skills, however I find the mesmer’s skills funnest. (Quickness ult, Veil, Portal, etc) But I hate ALL the mesmer’s weapons.

Like most classes I have an easy time deciding what spells I would use, however when it comes down to the weapon choices, most classes I refuse to play because their weapon choices don’t appeal to me.

My question is:

Are there any plans to add additional weapons for the Mesmer, or all classes anytime soon?

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nijay.7069

Nijay.7069

Interesting, I usually pick my utility skills based on my weapon set, instead of a fixed selection.

If most classes don’t appeal to you, what exactly are you looking for? Certain types of skills? A new skin?

I haven’t read anything about plans for new weapons. Usually that kind of content is released with an expansion, no?

I always like to have a wider variety of build options open to me. A cross-class option like the first Guild Wars where you could pick the weapon combos available to only the main class, but could select, slot-by-slot, skills available for a weapon available to either class, would be cool. For instance, a W/Me wouldn’t be able to use a pistol, but could select either mesmer or warrior sword skills for one and off hand swords. Anything to make more combinations and builds would be welcome.

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Personally I love the mesmer’s weapon choices, but that is because I chose the class based on the idea that they were a magical duelist, a cross between swordsman and mage.

It fit my character concept very well. And I LOVE the way the greatsword is used as a ranged laser blaster rather than actually swung around.

I’m also curious about what weapons you are interested in, because I’m always up for more weapons. But I don’t think the mesmer should have things like the warhorn, or rifle, or axe. I doubt that is what you mean though.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: JohnJSal.8634

JohnJSal.8634

I’ve settled in quite nicely with the staff, but I also like the greatsword. But I agree that some other choices aren’t as fun, but it could be because I’m not using them right.

The torch and focus seem very underwhelming in particular.

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Focus is generally more of a cc/utility weapon but is great when used properly. It seems to take some people a bit of time to get used to it. Personally I’m not a huge fan of the phantom summon on it… it can be nice for blocking shots, but has other issues. I do I love that pull though.

Scepter, torch, and sword offhand are all bad when compared to your other options… and gs is bugged out atm.

So (at least for now) your options basically are: Staff, sword+pistol/focus

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

I LOVE Staff and GS the rest aren’t my cup of tea. But even those two have problems. Mind Stab is a joke and iZerker is a waste now. On staff the invulnerability on winds of chaos is a very bad design. So at the end they all have problems.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Mesmer's Weapons?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arosa.2647

Arosa.2647

I like playing scepter (and focus). It may be a bit slow, but gives you an easy way to make clones and give confusion (and also a block-blind skill). A lot of people say its bad and prefer sword… but i think it depends on what you want to do with your build… or getting used to it. Mesmer weapons give you a lot of variety to play with (and you can always have weapons in your inventory to switch).

[DA] Disaster Area | [HiNe] Hijos de NĂ©mesis
Togame la Estratega – Engineer
Marga Sorin – Druid