Mesmer's could counter conditions if...

in Mesmer

Posted by: KevEveryDay.8163

KevEveryDay.8163

Arcane Theivery actually worked, been using it with Null Field in tPVP and I don’t think it worked one time anyone else have this issue?

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

3 Conditions is pretty useless. Personally i have always thought it should swap ALL conditions and ALL boons. Wouldnt make it OP or anything as the cool down is pretty high already.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

Unfortunately, just like our dazes. Arcane Thievery can be blocked and dodged.

Don’t know why? But you have to have an opening for it to land. That might be what your seeing.

I’ve been using it for a while and it has its uses. Its just odd on how it works. Like I said, if the target is dodging or blocking during the cast. The skill will fail. However, I’m almost 90% sure, that if the enemy has stability up, Arcane theivery will land and take stabilty. Then my daze will land.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Don’t know why? But you have to have an opening for it to land. That might be what your seeing.

doesnt it actually say on the skill description thakittens UNBLOCKABLE? so unless they dodge it should ALWAYS hit?

in Mesmer

Posted by: KevEveryDay.8163

KevEveryDay.8163

doesnt it actually say on the skill description thakittens UNBLOCKABLE? so unless they dodge it should ALWAYS hit?

WHAT HE SAID
^^

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Wiki doesn’t say anything about that. Don’t remember what it says in the tooltips. But in my experience it seems to fail when the enemy is blocking or dodging.

I could be wrong, but personally I always make sure that enemy is clear before casting.

Also, the skill NEEDS to have a target selected. If your hit with multiple stacks of burning/poison and run away.. and you have nothing to target. Your screwed. I’ve died in tPvP because I was out numbered and out conditioned and took off only to die seconds later because I couldn’t dump the burning.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I haven’t noticed Arcane Thievery getting blocked, but it can be dodged, won’t work if the target’s invulnerable, and will fail if you have blind on you. That said, once you get used to working around those, it’s a very powerful skill. The boon stealing oftentimes is just as valuable as the condition removal.

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

The boon stealing oftentimes is just as valuable as the condition removal.

Agreed, I run an interrupt build, my “Eccho-rupt” with Arcane Thievery. And make it a point to steal stability off those Guardians, Engineers before any attempt at interrupting. Could use a little shorter cooldown. Master of Manipulations helps, but it’d be nice if was just a little bit sooner.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Well tbh, AT would be better if it didnt swap skills at al, juts was a non target demaning 3 condi clens with lower cd. Thb keep the cd like it is, if it only clenses my conditions and I didnt need a traget it would be better. as it is now you need to land it to clear your conditions as you say. well If I want the conditions away fast I dont care if I can land it on somone else, i just want to survive.

Just make the AT to drop 3 condis, IF you have a target it land em on it, if its dodged etc then it still should atleast clear your condis. I dont pick AT cause I want a offensive tool I pick it casue I want a clense.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

SlimChance.6593

Just make the AT to drop 3 condis, IF you have a target it land em on it, if its dodged etc then it still should atleast clear your condis. I dont pick AT cause I want a offensive tool I pick it casue I want a clense

I hear you and we have that already:

Mantra of Resolve removes a two conditions on each charge with a 1 second reset between uses. Has a 20 second cooldown + 2.75 second charge

Null Field lasts 7 seconds and removes a condition every second.. 40 second cooldown

AT has a a nice option for the boon stealing, but the 45 second cooldown seems rather long, considering:
1- our other condition removal skills
2- how fast other professions can re-apply boons/conditions.
3- it needs a target to work.

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Pro tip 1: Use arcane thievery from stealth

Pro tip 2: Target NPC’s if you just want to condition dump

Arcane thievery is amazing. I trait my manipulations for both range and duration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

The boon stealing oftentimes is just as valuable as the condition removal.

Agreed, I run an interrupt build, my “Eccho-rupt” with Arcane Thievery. And make it a point to steal stability off those Guardians, Engineers before any attempt at interrupting. Could use a little shorter cooldown. Master of Manipulations helps, but it’d be nice if was just a little bit sooner.

If Eng stability is bothering you… idk what you’re doing but you’re doing it wrong.

1s on thumper toolbelt (which no one uses), elixir X rampage (no one uses this RNG elite), and a 50/50 chance on Elixir S (most use rocket boots unless they are using HGH). The lack of reliable stability is a common complaint for Eng’s.

I think you may have meant warriors…

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

CD is way too long to even consider this being one of your utilities. If this was on 15sec CD it would be worth it and it does work but 900 range suck

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

CD is way too long to even consider this being one of your utilities. If this was on 15sec CD it would be worth it and it does work but 900 range suck

Pro tip 3: Trait manipulations for range, trait manipulations for 20% CD reduction.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

Pro tip 3: Trait manipulations for range, trait manipulations for 20% CD reduction.

Pro tip 4: you can only select so many traits.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Pro tip 4: you can only select so many traits.

Amateur tip 1: gotta give something up to be a winna`

(edited by Ross Biddle.2367)