Mesmer's health

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghertu.7096

Ghertu.7096

We can call mersmer’s basic amount of health “average”. Warriors and necros have large, eles, guardians and thieves have small, rangers, engineers and mesmers have average (if i did mistake there, please, correct me).
For clarity: i’m not the one, who complains about mesmers overpowered, but I think mesmer’s base health should be smaller. Because mesmer have a lot of active defense, and player, who fights against mesmer and managed to attack him directly, through all clones and shields, should be more rewarded.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

The only class squisher than us can build pure tank and overpower most everyone. Thief is about equal, everyone else is tankier. If the only base squishier class can go pure tank and be OP, and the only class equal to us happens to be the primary burst class in the game, I don’t think it’s a problem. We go down REALLY fast when our defenses are gone.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

For clarity: i’m not the one, who complains about mesmers overpowered, but I think mesmer’s base health should be smaller.

Great idea. Let’s take away the illusions too, so that it is easier to target the real mesmer.
And yes, you are complaining right there, asking for a nerf is a clear sign for that, isn’t it.

Take this talk to the PvP forums, there you might find some other like-minded. Or you could jump on the D/D ele train, as this class has a low base health, low armor and incredible survivability (without clones).

Sometimes I ask myself how people with so little clue about the game mechanics get the feeling that they might have any capability to balance this game.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: AnemoneMeer.7182

AnemoneMeer.7182

For clarity: i’m not the one, who complains about mesmers overpowered, but I think mesmer’s base health should be smaller.

Great idea. Let’s take away the illusions too, so that it is easier to target the real mesmer.
And yes, you are complaining right there, asking for a nerf is a clear sign for that, isn’t it.

Take this talk to the PvP forums, there you might find some other like-minded. Or you could jump on the D/D ele train, as this class has a low base health, low armor and incredible survivability (without clones).

Sometimes I ask myself how people with so little clue about the game mechanics get the feeling that they might have any capability to balance this game.

I like to think I have a decent grasp of the game, and still no idea how to balance more than a few skills.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Ghertu.7096

Oh, please, less emotions. I especially tried make “thread-where-someone-asks-for-nerf” not so hysterical as they usually are, dont break my efforts.
Clones are fine. And idea of original post exactly about it. It’s very funny to search real mesmer among their clones. I every enjoy this minigame on sPvP. It requires some attentivness. But then I should attack real mesmer almost same time as I searched them among clones. Hey, I want my reward (their fragile life, I mean) FASTER. Mwahahahaha!

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Ghertu.7096

Also, I even have suggestion to buff mesmer: make illusions though for AoE spells. AoE destroys clones almost just they summoned, so when mesmer fights against character with lot of AoE spells, like ele, or passing dungeon like Crucible of Eternity, it really seems illusions removed from the game, or even never existed.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

If you have trouble finding the real mesmer in a PvP game, you have some serious issues.
Your reward is to getting better at finding the real mesmer.
Anyone who is fooled by the mindless clones spamming attack 1, standing in a spot or running straight to the target (depending on the weapon), should not be in charge for class balancing or even think about making comments.

Sorry, if my first post sounded hysterical to you, I just wanted to point out that you have no clue.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: ExZee.8109

ExZee.8109

If you have trouble finding the real mesmer in a PvP game, you have some serious issues.
Anyone who is fooled by the mindless clones spamming attack 1, standing in a spot or running straight to the target (depending on the weapon), should not be in charge for class balancing or even think about making comments.

Sorry, if my first post sounded hysterical to you, I just wanted to point out that you have no clue.

This thread’s probably going to get closed for unproductive discussion, but this right here takes the cake.

Mesmer is a profession that is intended to confuse and disorient so that the enemy cannot find the real you. “Your reward is to getting better” at not allowing the enemy to find the real you. To argue that someone has “serious issues” when facing difficulties against the inherent nature of the mesmer profession, you must have some serious issues about understanding the mesmer.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

I read through a few of the OP’s posts and saw a lot crying that eles aren’t good (Lol!) and how classes like thief and mesmer are better.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Low hp is actually a bonus sometimes. I’d go low hp if could heal as well as a ele can by just switching to water. Hell I rarely use my actually heal on my Ele to heal but to give a buff. Water attuments is good enough. And low hp are a plus when get downed because takes 1/2 time to rez up then a Warrior/necro.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Henrik.7560

Henrik.7560

Ele’s and mesmers are equal:
Both light armor
Mesmer has crap AoE (Except staff)
Ele has awesome AoE (Staff, Scepter etc.)
Mesmer has more health but is slow
Ele has high speed (RLT, Signet) but lower health
Mesmers have illusions
Ele has invulnerabillty.

Different advantages, but are equal. Well balanced and do NOT need nerfing.

Arcane Bastion [AB]
Elementalist Mesmer Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

Raw HP tells you nothing about how survivable a profession is. My mesmer has more hp than my guardian, but it not significantly more tanky or less, unless I spec one tougher than the other. The HP amounts are balanced around the professions skills, not the other way around.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

While I do think that HP distribution across professions is the result of pretty sloppy and random design, mesmers do not need an HP nerf.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

We had our arguably best defensive trait nerfed to complete and utter uselessness just recently and now you’re asking for a health nerf?

Just for information: Before, Illusionary Membrane would give you 3 seconds of protection every time you received an additional “tick” of regeneration. Means, if for example a guardian or ranger put down their regen applying fields, we could stack up to 30 seconds of protection quite easily(which you could then spread to your group with Signet of Inspiration).

It still works the same way, but with a FIFTEEN SECOND COOLDOWN added to it. Extreme stealth nerf. Now it’s a useless trait.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Ghertu.7096

I read through a few of the OP’s posts and saw a lot crying that eles aren’t good (Lol!) and how classes like thief and mesmer are better.

Oh, boy, you are liar.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

Oh, boy, you are liar.

Nop. You mad you bad brah. l2p scrub.

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

The only class squisher than us can build pure tank and overpower most everyone.

Check out the Immortal Mesmer build, and you won’t think we’re squishy anymore. You can tank with the best of them, and much like the D/D Ele still put a fair bit of pain down on folks, even vs. multiples.

Still, I don’t think the OP’s point has merit, but we’re only as squishy as our build.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Ghertu.7096

Nop. You mad you bad brah. l2p scrub.

Oh, you don’t want to discuss game balance, you want to discuss my person instead. It’s a great honor for me.
Now serious.

Oh, please, less emotions. I especially tried make “thread-where-someone-asks-for-nerf” not so hysterical as they usually are, dont break my efforts.

My suggestion is aftermath of calm logical thinking. I tried to think as game developer, not player, when made it. So, if you – all of you, not only mr Josh P – going to discuss it, leave your emotions behind the door.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

Small HP 10k, EL Thief=
- Have best survivability(Perma STealth, Ride the lightning, Thief’s Blink)
- Have best Single/ AOE damage(Backstab, Fire ring)

Big HP 18k, WA/ Necro=
- No Stealth
- Less Break Stun
- No Blink

Medium HP 15k = Mix of Abilities from HP 10k and HP 18k.
The result of Mix for Mesmer (IMO) is very adapt in every situation. We can Stealth like thief. But not perma. We have invulnerable skills (F4) but not as many as EL. We can also Blink but not as cool as Thief. We get access to all 3 exceptional finisher[F] in this game (Stealth, Blink, Invulnerable). Based on skills damage modifier, Probably Mesmer have very low. But Mesmer have very good and easy rotation for skills to compensation that. I’m fine with my Mesmer now being a class who like “Jack of all Trades” but that makes my Mesmer is very enjoyable. Whatever the situation might be, Camp pvp, 20vs 20, 1v1, 1v X, PvDoor?, Melee/ Ranged, Condi. My Mesmer will always be productive. Plz be noted.. I wrote “My Mesmer” Ok?

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

This thread’s probably going to get closed for unproductive discussion, but this right here takes the cake.

Mesmer is a profession that is intended to confuse and disorient so that the enemy cannot find the real you. “Your reward is to getting better” at not allowing the enemy to find the real you. To argue that someone has “serious issues” when facing difficulties against the inherent nature of the mesmer profession, you must have some serious issues about understanding the mesmer.

I think he was right that the OP has some serious l2p issues. All it takes is a tiny bit of attention to details to see the one non-clone as clones do not dodge, strafe, move out of aoe, or use any ability except auto attack. Crying on the forums about nerfing mesmers because he cannot pay attention to something as basic as that is a l2p issue.

Another issue with his nerf crying is that this game is not all about pvp. There is a significant pve game as well and nerfing the hp of a light armor and already low hp class in pve does not make much sense.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Ghertu.7096

ODB, two posts higher.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: shimmerless.4560

shimmerless.4560

Well, you haven’t really made any case for why you want the Mes’ base health nerfed. Generally damage that would kill a lower-health Mesmer would’ve killed him anyway since it’s more to do with his defensive cooldowns, so what’s the point.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

For clarity: i’m not the one, who complains about mesmers overpowered, but I think mesmer’s base health should be smaller. Because mesmer have a lot of active defense, and player, who fights against mesmer and managed to attack him directly, through all clones and shields, should be more rewarded.

That doesn’t truly work out though. Our active defence is really quite limited if you don’t get fooled by the clones. And people only do if they don’t fight Mesmers often, or the Mesmer is actively hiding (in which case he’s doing ~50% autoattack damage and nothing else).

But then I should attack real mesmer almost same time as I searched them among clones. Hey, I want my reward (their fragile life, I mean) FASTER. Mwahahahaha!

This would be acceptable iff the Clones were 100% perfectly believable. Strafing, dodging, using all attacks and utility abilities (graphically!), random backpedalling, various combination attacks, weapon switching, and so on.

If I were actually indistinguishable from my clones, yes, I’d agree. Right now it takes exactly 0 time to identify the real Mesmer, so I hardly count this as any defence at all.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Mesmer's health

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

If you attack us through the clones and shields that is your reward… Some Mesmers can build pure tank and won’t even try to hide from between their clones because they are gonna have a bunch of regen and half time protection….. Base vitality is a joke generally… And honestly go ahead make our health the same as with an ele’s but give us better active defense… (cuz unless we are pure tanks we don’t have much.)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer