Mesmer thoughts and concerns

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrDivine.5378

DrDivine.5378

As much as I play chrono tank, I can also understand how this “bunker meta” needed to go. Some changes were needed and I applaud them for that. I guess you could say my biggest concern is what will mesmers excel at after this?

Shatter mesmer is a playstyle I’ve never had a good relationship with, it was outclassed by thief almost every time. Condition builds get some hate, but I think inflicting confusion and manipulation sounds more mesmer-like than running around with a greatsword bursting and leaving, I want to play a mesmer and that sounds like a thief.

Thief really, really needed the buffs so I’m glad, I’m just afraid that mesmers will get pushed back to power shatter and become thief bait again, but I can’t say anything for sure yet, these are just my thoughts. What do you think?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Necro scepter will remove the bunker meta and thats before all the other counters Necro/Reaper had access to.

Chronomancer didn’t need to be gutted across all modes.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

Necro scepter will remove the bunker meta and thats before all the other counters Necro/Reaper had access to.

What I want to know is what exactly will chrono be good at? Bunker chrono was kinda cancer, but at least it could do something others could not ya know?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

What I want to know is what exactly will chrono be good at? Bunker chrono was kinda cancer, but at least it could do something others could not ya know?

Bunker chrono will obviously be awful. Condie chrono is going to be pretty bad given how strong necros will be in the new meta. Power chrono is obviously going to be awful since it’s not good now and is getting nerfed with the alacrity change too.

Draw your own conclusions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loony.3714

Loony.3714

Correct me if im wrong but didnt he say “there will be other buffs, these are just the ones I want to talk about” so dont panic yet

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Correct me if im wrong but didnt he say “there will be other buffs, these are just the ones I want to talk about” so dont panic yet

He said there will be other changes. I’m know I’m itching to see all the other nerfs to mesmer they didn’t talk about yet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

There is no bunker meta anymore, now that the full def trinkets get removed. Just keep that in mind.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

There is no bunker meta anymore, now that the full def trinkets get removed. Just keep that in mind.

So they nerfed Bunker Chrono in every single way possible and Shatter has gone back to being theif food.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I’m a little worried mesmers are going to be thief food again. I don’t play Mesmer, but I don’t think it’s fair when one class/profession completely shuts down another which seems to be a major balancing problem in this game.

I also think reducing alaclarity to 50% would’ve been enough. 33% seems a bit low.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I’m a little worried mesmers are going to be thief food again. I don’t play Mesmer, but I don’t think it’s fair when one class/profession completely shuts down another which seems to be a major balancing problem in this game.

I also think reducing alaclarity to 50% would’ve been enough. 33% seems a bit low.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

So they nerfed Bunker Chrono in every single way possible and Shatter has gone back to being theif food.

Why? Because of the unblockable elite? Blink / Dodge / Invuln still helps. It’s just unblockable, not unpreventable.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Why? Because of the unblockable elite? Blink / Dodge / Invuln still helps. It’s just unblockable, not unpreventable.

Thief damage being buffed, unblockable elite, energy sigils nerfed. Blink doesn’t help at all, thieves out-blink us easily. Dodge helps only if the thief is bad. Invuln helps…and is on a long cooldown. Additionally, shatter mesmer won’t only be thief food. They’ll also be food for necros and revenants still, since necro is getting buffed substantially. Additionally, shatter mesmer still won’t be able to fight a scrapper well, since scrappers are fairly tanky without the tank amulets (they use marauders) and have fairly high damage pressure.

Basically, shatter mesmer will be as it is right now (not good), with added nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

He said there will be other changes. I’m know I’m itching to see all the other nerfs to mesmer they didn’t talk about yet.

Karl’s exact words were, “there’s a lot of changes going in, there’s actually a lot of buffs”. He also stated the areas he covered were where we will see less sustain (aka nerfs). So I would expect most of the rest we haven’t seen to be buffs.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Well we can still hope for our scepter buffs

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Karl’s exact words were, “there’s a lot of changes going in, there’s actually a lot of buffs”. He also stated the areas he covered were where we will see less sustain (aka nerfs). So I would expect most of the rest we haven’t seen to be buffs.

Ah yes, buffs. Lets see:

More 5% boosts to things nobody uses.
More buffs to things that are already solid but suck for entirely unrelated reasons.
Still nothing for torch.
Probably nothing that makes shatter mesmer viable.

in Mesmer

DrDivine.5378

Since there is a reference to other buffs coming up, you never know, maybe we will get some nice tweaks, perhaps better condition better via confusion and what not. Confusion fits mesmer so much more than power shatter, if not condi something that will help patch up dodge rolls and distortion.

The one confusing choice is the well of precognition, I know it was balanced between PVP and PVE but Aegis seems really out of place for a mesmer. I usually associate aegis with guardians, isn’t that why PU was nerfed the first time? To not get things like aegis as often?

Mesmer is at it’s worst when it’s trying to be a thief, they would need to give it an identity again because power shatter just doesn’t cut it, never really has. I want someone to bring a mesmer because it has something to offer, not because it “takes real skillz blah blah blah” when thief is a better choice all around. But I can’t jump to anything yet, gotta wait and see if it’s justified

(edited by DrDivine.5378)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xstein.2187

Xstein.2187

I highly doubt there are going to be any buffs to mes, at least any that people care about. In the post, they made it sound like there was going to be huge changes to scepter that would change the class. Now I believe they just wanted to add Anything to try to make us feel better or something. Ya, Helseth said today that he was prob going to switch to necro. He didn’t believe that bunker mes would be a thing again and shatter just doesn’t have what it takes to be in the meta. The only role I could picture mes in now is using continuum split, mimic, and portals to move your necro all over the field, basically a portal bot.

Lägertha Lothbrök: PvE Mesmer
Schrödingers Clone: PvP Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex Shatter.7956

Alex Shatter.7956

Omg so true. Can’t wait until they gut what’s left of the Chaos and Inspiration line. “Anet stability and condition removal is so OP please fix it qq”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Basically, shatter mesmer will be as it is right now (not good), with added nerfs.

That’s a bit wrong, sigil of energy was nerfed as well, making power mesmers lose their third clone off the dodge roll when they switch to s/t.

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS