Mesmer to over powered

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Phantasms are 0.75 – 1.00 casts.

Clone abilities tend to be somewhere between instant to 0.75 seconds. IIRC Mirror Blade is kind of the longest one at 0.75.

Lol@ time dilation.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

wow, had no idea that could be done, will have to give this a try lol

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esuna.9746

Esuna.9746

In doing PvP ive learned that the mesmer is to overpowered ive seen that they have had atleast 10 illusions out maybe not at once but come on really they get confusion and all these illusions i think they should be downgraded tbh and they also have stealth but they are a good class but just to over powered.

OMG!!! A mesmer who can make 10 illusions when the most you can have is 3 at a time because the 4th summon will cancel out one of the three already in play…guy was obviously hacking or you never got past the 1st grade because of your lack in counting skills.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Let’s hope that English isn’t the OP’s native tongue.

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: SerMahad.4813

SerMahad.4813

I actually give my clones a pc each and we zerg together the world. When it’s about dinner time I shatter them all together because there’s no way I’ll cook dinner for 247 clones. Seriously, nerf their appetite.

My Mom Thinks I’m Special [MTIS] – Piken Square

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Wait, only 10 clones?

I personally like to run the 0/0/40/73/82 build that keeps 18-24 clones up at once while i abuse my ability to perma stealth.

You should thing about using the 40/73/42/0/82 build with “Illusory reversal” to make all your clones to invisible + invulnerable phantasms. Worked very well for me against any kind of r0’er in this game.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katanasama.9702

Katanasama.9702

Tips to kill a mesmer/ not die to a mesmer:

1: Do not travel alone… that’s asking to get jumped.
2: Try to be the jump-er not the jump-e, bursting a mesmer down before they can react is the method with the highest success rate.
3: Call target and coordinate with your team, yes you loose the cross hairs when they stealth, but more eyes makes less work.
4: Mesmer clones do NOT have boons / signets that the player does.
5: Mesmer clones do NOT dodge roll.
6: the REAL mesmer will not be cloudy … that’s a phantasm
7: STOP CASTING IF YOU GOT CONFUSION kitten (cure condition if you got it)
8: If the mesmer has a bubble on him… do not hit him (see #7)
9: if it’s a Greatsword mesmer.. go melee range he does less dmg. (or Line of sight)
10: If the fight starts getting away from you… RUN mesmers are EFFIN SLOW. Even with blink they won’t be able to catch most classes. (unless you can’t cure that cripple then you’re toast)

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

.. 10 clones? … No.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

2: Try to be the jump-er not the jump-e, bursting a mesmer down before they can react is the method with the highest success rate.
3: Call target and coordinate with your team, yes you loose the cross hairs when they stealth, but more eyes makes less work.
4: Mesmer clones do NOT have boons / signets that the player does.
5: Mesmer clones do NOT dodge roll.
6: the REAL mesmer will not be cloudy … that’s a phantasm
7: STOP CASTING IF YOU GOT CONFUSION kitten (cure condition if you got it)
8: If the mesmer has a bubble on him… do not hit him (see #7)
9: if it’s a Greatsword mesmer.. go melee range he does less dmg. (or Line of sight)
10: If the fight starts getting away from you… RUN mesmers are EFFIN SLOW. Even with blink they won’t be able to catch most classes. (unless you can’t cure that cripple then you’re toast)

For GC mesmers sure. What about pyro’s immortal retaliation Mesmer?

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Katanasama.9702

@jportell see #10 can’t kill you if they can’t catch you…. and you can’t kill yourself if you aren’t attacking them.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Ahh Okay okay fair point. But seriously for those that love the GC build Try a tank build you will throw people for a loop!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Katanasama.9702

If I want a tank I’d get my warrior. There’s plenty of good builds for Mesmer without resorting to tank gear for survival. I also think people too often look at a class as being by itself. But this game’s mechanics make teamwork an extremely strong and often under utilized aspect of the game. And while class “A” might destroy class “B” in a 1 v 1… those encounters are seldom. And if you know your own weakness, bring a friend to get your back. I have a buddy that rolls Engi and he’s built to kill thieves. He’s 1 v3’d thieves and won, so I bring him when I go on my Mesmer… I kill warriors and he kills thieves and we’re all good… 2 man roamer team.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Funny that this thread still is going on. Sarcasm is a popular weapon amongst mesmers when they fear getting into the spotlight.

We are always in the spotlight. Most of us don’t care. We have had so many nerfs, it is getting hard for ANet to nerf us even more without breaking our core mechanics.

Meanwhile, Warriors solo all dungeons, Elementalists are immortal and Thiefs instagib everything on sight. Which is perfectly fine, as people are still on the Mesmer bashing train. Look, a post without sarcasm, you are welcome.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aderon.7354

Aderon.7354

I play as a Mesmer. The main problem is that many people are way too predictable, without idea of fighting against other character, and becoming helpless if opponent won’t do what they want him to do. Really, sometimes I feel that I could beat some of them with my eyes closed.

Are you really surprised, that opponent is well prepared and easily counters your skill rotation, if it’s almost always the same? When something doesn’t work, the point is to try another tactics (adjusted to situation), not crying “he blocked my heartseeker spam, omg op’d”, or whatever.

There’s really big difference if the player knows what to, instead of rushing on opponent.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

If I want a tank I’d get my warrior. There’s plenty of good builds for Mesmer without resorting to tank gear for survival. I also think people too often look at a class as being by itself. But this game’s mechanics make teamwork an extremely strong and often under utilized aspect of the game. And while class “A” might destroy class “B” in a 1 v 1… those encounters are seldom. And if you know your own weakness, bring a friend to get your back. I have a buddy that rolls Engi and he’s built to kill thieves. He’s 1 v3’d thieves and won, so I bring him when I go on my Mesmer… I kill warriors and he kills thieves and we’re all good… 2 man roamer team.

My build is designed to not have an active weakness in 1v1/2/3s, but you do have good points insofar as teamwork is concerned.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Mesmers are mostly trash for chasedown. Best tip to not die to a Mesmer is to walk away.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@EasymodeX, sadly al to true, still there is ways.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-IqzGCcbHko

/Osicat

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Mesmers are mostly trash for chasedown. Best tip to not die to a Mesmer is to walk away.

A greatsword +pistol offhand spec can actually be very difficult to get away from, especially if they have blink. The greatsword gives a 1200 range cripple, pistol give a 900(1200) range stun, and then blink provides the gap closer to illusionary swap/leap.

Unfortunately, that’s about it. You could run away from a staff Mesmer as a chilled and crippled moa, and the focus pull is short range and on a long cooldown.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

OP should not worry, fact is we got nerfed in january, dint you guys know we got unviable after this?

/Osicat

WvW not really a great comparison

Too many people play PvE on WvW and never PvP content. Many WvW players are not exposed enough to fight against mesmer. My guild leader have over 2 stack of honor badges and I usually wipe the floor with him in heart of mist.

The video is not proof. Those theives never really attack the mesmer to be considered properly experienced

The only way Anet can migrate the Mesmer problem is to create a dugeon boss that has the same mechanics as a mesmer

There is that one boss in storyline that has psuedo mesmer effects. He has 3 clones at all times (if you kill them, they respawn), but you can easily tell it’s him or not based on the healthbars and your quest healthbar.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

OP should not worry, fact is we got nerfed in january, dint you guys know we got unviable after this?

/Osicat

Too many people play PvE on WvW and never PvP content. Many WvW players are not exposed enough to fight against mesmer. My guild leader have over 2 stack of honor badges and I usually wipe the floor with him in heart of mist.

The video is not proof. Those theives never really attack the mesmer to be considered properly experienced

The only way Anet can migrate the Mesmer problem is to create a dugeon boss that has the same mechanics as a mesmer

There is that one boss in storyline that has psuedo mesmer effects. He has 3 clones at all times (if you kill them, they respawn), but you can easily tell it’s him or not based on the healthbars and your quest healthbar.

There’s a mesmer you fight as a skill point in one of the camps in Malchor’s Leap. The priestess of Lyssa is a mesmer. There’s a mesmer you fight to get to a skill point in one of the snowy areas whose name I can’t remember.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

There’s a mesmer you fight as a skill point in one of the camps in Malchor’s Leap. The priestess of Lyssa is a mesmer. There’s a mesmer you fight to get to a skill point in one of the snowy areas whose name I can’t remember.

Don’t forget, the boss in TA exp that has a nasty version of Chaos Armor and Chaos Storm with relatively no cooldown.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Don’t forget, the boss in TA exp that has a nasty version of Chaos Armor and Chaos Storm with relatively no cooldown.

You just had to remind folks about That Obnoxious Kitten. Of course, there’s also one in the later parts of the Pact story. That one’s … just … ick.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Esplen.3940

You just had to remind folks about That Obnoxious Kitten. Of course, there’s also one in the later parts of the Pact story. That one’s … just … ick.

Reminds me of the Pact Eye of Zhaitan fight. Mine bugged and he had minions shooting lasers at me while at full hp and “reset”.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dastion.3106

Dastion.3106

<snip>
so that is 3 + 3 + 3 + yourself = 10. The OP is correct. Anet should delete 9 out of every 10 Mesmers to even out game balance.

Except, only 3 allowed up at a time.

Actually you can. You’re able to call up illusions after you have queued them to shatter – it doesn’t destroy the previous ones as they were already considered destroyed by the shatter command. If you are quick, it is possible to call up multiple sets in this manner. I’ve had more than one person comment my army of clones. XD

So how does that work? is it clones only?
SO you get 3 up, click on a shatter and then summon more quickly? like MI?

Any illiusion – phantasm or clone. Clones just happen to be the quickest as most weapons have half second cast times + your dodge clones. Phantasm, however, are usually 2 second casts.

So how does it work?

See the pic I posted from beta with the clone army. There was a bugged underwater golem that clones wouldn’t run after to shatter. So you could spam clones, shatter, repeat and they’d all stay up since the shattered clones don’t count against your max.

It would be nice if the clone count bar would deplete as soon as you shatter too.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: loseridoit.2756

loseridoit.2756

/Osicat

The problem with all these encounters is that their clones do too much damage.

Ideally, a pvE encounter for a mesmer is that the boss has high damage and low health. His clones does 100 damage maxi um with powerful phastasm which spawns once 30-60 secs. You have to punish the player for attacking his clones instead of the boss. The player shouldnt be punished for letting themself get hit by clones

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: RandomBandit.5723

RandomBandit.5723

OP was not exagurating…he was fighting 3 mesmers and didn’t know it! HAHA

A tinker’s debt is always paid…

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I play mesmer and i feel OP in my berserker gear with the GS. Although i feel pretty under powered when a theif stealths and takes me out in 2-3 seconds.

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: kerona.3465

kerona.3465

Some day I will complete my dream of having my 3 friends and I on identical midget mesmers all with 3 clones out.

Maguuma [PYRO]
Oblyth, Mes ~ Nadeshiko Naito, War ~ Hwertu, Gua
Evenree, Necro (M) ~ Ran Still Died, Thief

Mesmer to over powered

in Mesmer

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Leveling a mesmer right now really is helping me get down to killing them in WvW on my Thief and Guardian. I can spot the clones easy now and most of them don’t know what to do once I’m on top of them.

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer