Mesmer troll 0 damage?

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

You met a Mesmer that literally did 0 damage on you?!

That must have been awfull!

I cant even imagine it how it felt to go up against such a monster, its just… its just too horrible to even comprehend.

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Cleric PU mesmer maybe? Would be fairly useless outside of the cannon room though.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

I couldnt kill the mesmer he was just there using moa skill on me and nothing else.

Really? He was just using a 10 second ability with a 180 second cooldown on you over and over?

I don’t think the mesmer is the one doing the trolling…

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Sounds like the mesmer was build entirely for defense while sacrificing all of their damage. As it should be.

Some people might actually call that balanced. Giving up one side of the coin in favor of the other. Unlike people like say…warriors…who give up neither side of the coin and reap all the benefits. But I suppose complaining about not being able to kill them works too.

Correction, being unable to kill them easily since you mentioned “Couldn’t kill my damage completely.”

Must have been terrible, having to put effort into the fight.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bladeofky.3067

bladeofky.3067

Sounds like a noob to me, who didn’t know what they were doing, took as much defense as possible, and didn’t understand what Steady weapons were.

Or perhaps someone trying to test out some kind of mesmer bunker build?

(edited by bladeofky.3067)

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Qaelyn.7612

Well im not saying its overpowered. Im asking what is this?

It isn’t anything. What you’ve described makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, so you are either very confused or just trying to stir up the pot.

If this incident actually happened, and you can find ways to describe it in terms that people can actually understand, then maybe someone can advise you.

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: bladeofky.3067

bladeofky.3067

I didnt know that asking about a build that is only used by 1 person makes you a noob.

No, I’m saying that I think the mesmer that you played was probably a noob and accidentally using steady weapons and took as much defense as possible. Alternatively they might have been testing a high defense build.

As I understand it, steady weapons do substantially less damage than normal PvP weapons and are used for theory crafting. If this mesmer had left a steady weapon equipped, it could explain why he/she was doing 0 damage to you. And somehow having lots of defense might explain how you were only doing 200 damage to the mesmer.

Just my guess, I don’t actually know how damage is calculated.

(edited by bladeofky.3067)

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

More than likely the mesmer was running a bunker spec, something in the realm of x/x/30/30/x. Perma-protection isn’t really possible on mesmer (can get close though) – closest thing to it would be a prismatic understanding type build, which means they’d be in stealth a fair amount.

Also have to ask, are you sure you aren’t mistaking the zero damage as coming from one of the mesmer’s clones?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Qaelyn.7612

Well it is actually the truth. He managed to get tanky as heck, with perma protection and regeneration. My autoattack was doing 200 dmg. And he was doing 0. Literaly 0 dmg , just some bleeds that lasted for 2 seconds. He had a Staff if you want more details.

Either he found a weird exploit of some kind, or you’re very confused. I’m going with the latter.

Mesmer troll 0 damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Yeah, I’m guessing the player never attacked you directly, you were just getting hit by clones. Probably a very defensive PU spec, hanging back and staying stealthed while doing nothing in particular.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian