Mesmerized: July 15th

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

Welcome to Mesmerized, our Mesmer only podcast!

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist invite WillowBreeze to have a chat about his build, his time in GW2, sPvP, Guardians converting to Mesmers and lots lots more!

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimately provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!

http://sittingonacouch.com/

SOAC Live

SOAC Streaming

Mesmerized Audio Only Podcasts
http://sittingonacouch.com/category/gaming/

Mesmer Guides and Videos

Mesmer PvP Guides

Mesmer PVP Videos

Mesmer WvWvW Videos

Mesmer WvWvW Guides

Mesmer PVE Videos

Mesmer PVE Guides

GW2 General

Just Awesome Guild Wars 2 Videos

If you have any comments or questions please let me know.

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Updated to add the first gameplay/video with Podcast.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

bumping for love of Mesmer. Curse you Mesmer’s for topping the youtube charts!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Stuff that may interest our viewers and guests – List of Views plus listens

BoC: Symbolic – 1,133 Audio plus Video (without Captions the EU crowd is lower)

Mesmerized (Mesmer Podcast) – 888 Audio plus Video

BoC: Talentless – 875 Audio only (He needs to get me some video)

BoC: Rennoko – 855 Audio plus Video (He has shot up in the last week from 2nd to last)

BoC: Takarazuka – 630 Audio only (He has been out sick so no video yet)

BoC: Khalifa – 575 Audio plus Video (Surprising considering how popular his build is now)

BoC: Andele – 513 Audio Plus Video (surprising considering how many dungeon questions we get)

BoC: CHIPS – 471 Audio plus Video (Incredible Podcast I guess when there is no Bas haha)

BoC: kitteno – 265 Audio (We are doing the Video Editing tonight and it should be up this weekend)

(edited by Bas.7406)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Enjoyed the podcast.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Let me encourage you to check out the BoC stuff too for Necro goodness as well.

Necro Minion AI explained

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

oooo, I forgot to add the old youtube account ;p it looks like Mesmerized is in 2nd place still bwahaha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Solid podcast. Thanks for putting in the work to make this available for the community!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Solid podcast. Thanks for putting in the work to make this available for the community!

No problem Kylia D and Pyro are fantastic guys, and I am pretty excited about what they are going to do with the podcast. We have been shooting ideas back and forth, and they are ripped and ready to go.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

I just listened to all of it while doing some SAB runs to pass the time and relax without doing much.
Really great and was pretty entertaining, I’m looking forward to more!
Awesome initiative, grats!

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Thanks, the guys are great, and we have enjoyed working with them so far.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Added the Special Q and A video and podcast

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

bumping because the first podcast just hit 737 youtube and 757 audio only passing Symbolic’s for most listened to podcast.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Congratulations on breaking 2000 downloads for the first episode. I am blown away by the response from the Mesmer Community. I know Kylia and Pyro are excited about what the future holds!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Sittingonacouch.com is proud to introduce our first ever EU Tournament update featuring some of the top EU Tournament players. Each month we will feature some exciting tournament stories, current in game metas, tips and tricks, and a special guest solo queue player. This week our hosts talk about leaderboards, team makeups, favorite maps, ma kitten ues that need to be fixed and some of their favorite tricks for tournament play. SOAC Gaming is proud to feature as our hosts Danto of Team Curse, Battosai of Team IDL, and the currently number 1 ranked EU player Denshee of Team IDL. Symbolic of Team Paradigm was unable to make this podcast, but we hope to catch him back in a few of our future ones.
Throughout this podcast, you get to know some of the best players in the tournament game today, and hear their take on what really matters in today’s game. They give feedback on some of the current meta’s. You get to hear them rage against the Spirit watch, explain why the Ranger is one of the most underrated classes in the game, and give a detailed perspective on each map. We also map out the direction we want to take into the future. Give us your feedback, and let them know that you want to hear more.

We are going to expand to two hours next month so send us your questions for the next podcast.

http://sittingonacouch.com/guild-wars-2-tpvp-podcast-eu-tournament-update-april/

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist shift through the countless email’s and PM’s they have received and ansrew more of the questions you want to know. They also throw in a tip of hte week, each allowing you to be better prepared for anything that GW2 has to offer!

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimatly provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!

http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-questions-from-the-fans-2/

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

We will go back to just posting everything here. If you have any questions it will be easier for our hosts to respond if it’s posted via here with you quoting the podcast you wish to talk about.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Just got a chance to listen to the second fan questions episode – great stuff. Thanks for answering so many questions!

I learn a lot from every episode – keep up the great work

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Just got a chance to listen to the second fan questions episode – great stuff. Thanks for answering so many questions!

I learn a lot from every episode – keep up the great work

Our pleasure, keep the questions rolling and we will keep answering them

Also if you have an idea that would make a great episode, great section or even just a great statement, let us know, send Pyro or Kylia a PM on the forums and it might appear on an episode!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

On April 25th, sittingonacouch.com put on a Tournament extravagana that had never before been seen in Guild Wars 2. 30 players showed up and formed 5 specific profession teams. It was a great time full of fun. Here are some of the videos of those matches!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu11h1Ww5XJTVSVy2bqkRfk_l_b7-apgk

I am still waiting on the Mesmer/Necro/Guardian videos.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Due to real life events, and the Tournament event last Thursday we are unfortunately unable to have a mesmerized podcast this week. However Mesmer Mondays will return next week to discuss the patch and all things Mesmer related!

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

Also I will be joining the gw2guru stream today at 5:30pm PST/GMT -8

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2guru

Come and join us live and ask questions.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

The Mesmer Video from the extravanganza is now on the playlist.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?action_edit=1&list=PLu11h1Ww5XJTVSVy2bqkRfk_l_b7-apgk

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

We now have a twitch.tv Stream. We are hoping to get some great Kylia WvWvW adventures.

SOAC Streaming

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Hi Everyone!
Check out our latest podcast where our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist address the latest patch, they breakdown all the changes that have effected our beloved class, from sPvP changes to item changes and WvW changes. And of course finally the big changes to our class, including one close to our podcasters hearts… Confusion.

April Patch Release Breakdown

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimatly provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

oh like your latest one.discussing the good and bad points of the changes was very insightful for me.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

This week our two hosts, Kylia Deprigen and Pyroatheist interview one of the most knowledgeable Mesmers in GW2, Grimm, the creator of the Seven Mirror Mesmer Build.

Grimm sheds a light on the state of Mesmers, the latest patch, and basically what it takes to be such an intuitive and great Mesmer, he will have you hooked and wanting more than the hour we have with him!

As always Pyro and Kylia bring you differing thoughts and opinions but ultimately provide you with a podcast that is about and for their favorite class… The Mesmer!

http://sittingonacouch.com/the-gw2-mesmer-podcast-mesmerized-interview-with-grimm-seven-mirror/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I 100% agree with you on the confusion change. It was the “easier change” so it was what was done instead of the “correct change”.

I also 100% agree with you about thief reveal. But hey, this was the patch that caters a bit more to people who don’t pay attention … including the Ranger pet buffs that I’m currently enjoying.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

The last few podcasts were very strong, but not many listens so far. Just wanted everyone to know it’s there!

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

I think you should update the title of this topic every time there’s a new podcast.

Something like “[Mesmerized] Updated: 8th May – Seven Mirror” and have the new video at the top of the page under “new” or something.

Oh and episode numbers might help too

Refer to my forum topic in my signature to see what I mean. Might help?

GL!

(edited by FLIMP.8172)

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

I think you should update the title of this topic every time there’s a new podcast.

Something like “[Mesmerized] Updated: 8th May – Seven Mirror” and have the new video at the top of the page under “new” or something.

Refer to my forum topic in my signature to see what I mean. Might help?

GL!

Awesome idea! +1

in Mesmer

Posted by: Karmasutra.9351

Karmasutra.9351

Good show as always, it was really positve and hopeful. I look forward to the next evolution of builds that will open up for us.

Since Kylia has access to a concentrated group of wvw mesmers, I’m wondering if it would be possible to make a request. Some night when you all are bored, maybe you could all try to run a mantra healing support build (along the lines of Fay’s Panacea build)as a large mesmer group? I’m curious how viable it is for a large group zerg situation and would love to see it in action. I’ve been thinking that with 5-10+ mesmers it might net some pretty interesting results. Video footage (good or bad) for analysis would be stellar!

Also isn’t it time to get Fay on the couch?

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Good show as always, it was really positve and hopeful. I look forward to the next evolution of builds that will open up for us.

Since Kylia has access to a concentrated group of wvw mesmers, I’m wondering if it would be possible to make a request. Some night when you all are bored, maybe you could all try to run a mantra healing support build (along the lines of Fay’s Panacea build)as a large mesmer group? I’m curious how viable it is for a large group zerg situation and would love to see it in action. I’ve been thinking that with 5-10+ mesmers it might net some pretty interesting results. Video footage (good or bad) for analysis would be stellar!

Might be a challenge for one of our Friday night’s

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Ummm the Mantra thing, not the Fay on a couch thing! :p

And yes working on getting Fay on the couch…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Ummm the Mantra thing, not the Fay on a couch thing! :p

And yes working on getting Fay on the couch…

Yeah, that’s been one of my main goals for a while…

in Mesmer

Sebrent.3625

If I was Fay right now, I would be concerned as the current wording could be taken several ways, lol.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Lmao @ word choices.
Also, +1 to Flimp’s idea.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Sebrent.3625

By the way, I highly recommend this podcast to anyone who hasn’t listened to it. I’ve LOVED the last two. The podcast seems to be only getting better.

The humor in this latest one amused me as well … though not too surprising given the hosts and SevenMirror as guest.

Better yourself.

in Mesmer

Karmasutra.9351

Ha ha! I should have perhaps worded that differently but if it made people laugh, I’ll take it. Hopefully I didn’t scare Fay away. I just think there are some mantra builds that have potential for being the next mesmer “zerg buster” and would love to hear some input. Can a large group of mesmers running mantra of pain and mantra of distraction shut down a zerg with constant heals and dazes? If anet wants to push mantras at us, can we make it viable in T1 and T2 wvw?

in Mesmer

Bas.7406

There we go! I did the update correctly this time, and will start doing it that way each time :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Oh my, fighting over who gets to ‘get me on the couch’. I’m afraid I don’t have a mic atm and going through some real life stuff currently so I can’t right now. Maybe in the near future big ‘Maybe’

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

(edited by Fay.2735)

in Mesmer

Karmasutra.9351

Oh my, fighting over who gets to ‘get me on the couch’. I’m afraid I don’t have a mic and going through some real life stuff atm so I can’t right now. Maybe in the future big ‘Maybe’

Tease! :P Okay, can I ask which of your builds do you think, if a large group mesmers ran in a zerg, would have the most potential for healing and shut-down? What would be good for Kylia to test since he has the access to a coordinated group of mesmers. I was thinking Panacea but passiflora trinkets, etc are painful to get.

(edited by Karmasutra.9351)

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Oh my, fighting over who gets to ‘get me on the couch’. I’m afraid I don’t have a mic and going through some real life stuff atm so I can’t right now. Maybe in the future big ‘Maybe’

Tease! :P Okay, can I ask which of your builds do you think, if a large group mesmers ran in a zerg, would have the most potential for healing and shut-down? What would be good for Kylia to test since he has the access to a coordinated group of mesmers. I was thinking Panacea but passiflora trinkets, etc are painful to get.

Given I’ll probably have to fund the 10+ sets of gear… let’s start with utils and traits first :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Given I’ll probably have to fund the 10+ sets of gear… let’s start with utils and traits first :p

I just have a rare set of passiflora gear for now and it works pretty good. That reminds me that I have a video ready for editing for that build but as I said going through some hard times atm. So ‘may’ be able to work on it in a week or two. Will see!

Also I’m hoping to find a way to get on the NA side of things so I can play with all of you

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Karmasutra.9351

Sorry, I’m just excited! I’ve been thinking about this ever since the patch and it’s killing me! My guild has pretty much stopped running with more than two or three mesmers so I can’t test anything beyond my own game play.

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Sorry, I’m just excited! I’ve been thinking about this ever since the patch and it’s killing me! My guild has pretty much stopped running with more than two or three mesmers so I can’t test anything beyond my own game play.

Come join AVTR on FA

in Mesmer

Karmasutra.9351

Come join AVTR on FA

If that’s a sincere invite I might have to consider it. Although, I don’t know if AVTR could handle this much exuberance and cosmic fabulosity. It’s infectious… all your mesmers will end up running around with pink princess wands while shouting, “Pain, Agony, Torment”. ha ha! :P

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Come join AVTR on FA

If that’s a sincere invite I might have to consider it. Although, I don’t know if AVTR could handle this much exuberance and cosmic fabulosity. It’s infectious… all your mesmers will end up running around with pink princess wands while shouting, “Pain, Agony, Torment”. ha ha! :P

Already do all that! :P well except for maybe the shouting, unles its a Friday night!

Sincere invite Do note that we are predominantly Oceanic, this might effect your desicion. *ponder

in Mesmer

Karmasutra.9351

Come join AVTR on FA

Already do all that! :P well except for maybe the shouting, unles its a Friday night!

Sincere invite Do note that we are predominantly Oceanic, this might effect your desicion. *ponder

MERC is Oceanic as well so not a problem. I would consider it an honor to get to play with you all.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

There we go! I did the update correctly this time, and will start doing it that way each time :P

Nice stuff as always, thanks you all.

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.