Mesmers and their Portals

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quozex.9430

Quozex.9430

Hello Mesmer forums!

A preface: I play Dragon Hunter, hit diamond comfortably last season and am currently there now this season. With that out I’d love for this to be constructive rather than blaming every other class/balance/MM.

With what I see as the rise of the condi-mesmer (they have their strengths and weaknesses) I am fighting at least one and more than once two of them per game.

My question is that if playing on a team that doesn’t usually have a mesmer how do you counter portals without having an ele or engi just sitting on home point all game. It’s rather frustrating to have a 4 man gank squad teleporting around the map constantly ending everyones life.

What are some precautions to take when going against double mesmer?

Should I bother rotating with them or against them (i.e they go home, I rotate to their far)?

I know well enough that DH itself won’t be able to carry me to legend, but all info is helpful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

If you’re fighting 2 mesmers, it means they’re massively sacrificing actual team-fight ability for raw mobility. Don’t push far, because that allows them to outrotate you. Just put 2 people on mid, 1 on home, and rotate the last 2 between home and mid to steamroll the team fights wherever they happen.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lalainnia.3598

Lalainnia.3598

Question what exactly is being massively sacrificed in team fight ability? Isn’t the entire intent of portal to be used for teamplay even though that doesn’t always work out. On that point what exactly woul be taken if portal isn’t that’s so game changing in a team fight?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Question what exactly is being massively sacrificed in team fight ability? Isn’t the entire intent of portal to be used for teamplay even though that doesn’t always work out. On that point what exactly woul be taken if portal isn’t that’s so game changing in a team fight?

A non-mesmer would be taken =P.

Portal is mobility, that’s all. It affects teamfights by allowing your team to be at the teamfights whenever they occur. However, when what pops out of the portal is 2 mesmers instead of 2 scrappers, your actual capability to teamfight is massively reduced.