Mesmersgiving: Let's us feast on the QQ of others.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yvesbeaumont.3291

yvesbeaumont.3291

ok, so we all know that the mesmer needs kinks fixed here and there (a host of bugs also) but i created this thread solely for us mesmers (and those of you lurking our forums ) to share stories where you’ve pwned or mindkittencked another player to the point of QQ.
This can involve stories/vids/quotes from you (the offender) or the offended. gather round mesmers and share your experiences.

here’s some quotes i found to be effin HILARIOUS.

“Just hit rank 14 and anytime I see a Mesmer in sPvP, I just avoid them. Their constant vanishing and spawning clones, they seem to have amazing CC, and great damage. Just nay, as a Warrior, nay.”

“Between the mass clones and the stupid polymorph they are by far the most annoying class”

“They by far the most annoying class in pvp”

“Dunno, I don’t think Mesmer damage is low. I’ve been rooted and bursted down to around 30-40% before I can even fight back by a Mesmer, then only to chase him around and he spams clones and phantasms.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

Heh, i pug joined a tourny match, and had some warrior start a huge verbal war in the lil pre-game, and this dude was on my team!! All kinds of trash talk, like “mesmers suck, Mesmer DPS is lame, Mesmers are all gimmick, Mesmers are so easy to kill, blah blah blah” … well, after he was done being a doosh bag, i heard him mention in his pretentious manner that he’s going straight for lord.. well, i followed him, and it just so happened that me and this doosher’s PVP playstyle’s were very similar…. So we took down the lord, and successfully held back the entire other team, nearly the ENTIRE match (not all at once, they kept trickling in 2 or 3 at a time…) we both ended up with nearly double the glory of Every other person in the match, over both teams.

after the match ended all i got was a quick “Sorry.” and then he QQ logged off..

my head grew a bit, i must admit…. heh

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eddie.9143

Eddie.9143

every time i encounter anyone. i’m just so OP with such balanced versatile abilities. can’t touch this na na na na

in Mesmer

Posted by: MrMacAndCheese.3907

MrMacAndCheese.3907

I haven’t done any PvP yet, and admit I’m more PvE and dungeon oriented, but I’ll gladly feast on the tears of the “Mesmer can’t PvE” QQ.

Several times I’ve considered going all pwr/prec burst damage type either with mes or another class….but then I get on my mes and keep lvling.

Lately, I primarily run Staff/Scepter+Focus, simply because I like making my own weapons, but I really like Staff/S+S, for the powerful yet predictable staff skills coupled with the in-your-face surprise attack of dual swords (who expects a mes to block? but we totally can and its sweet)

Soooo many times I’ve found myself surrounded, multi-aggro kind of thing where you’re just like " Oh man, this is bad" , and I come out of it without even being downed.

Even when I’m downed, I rally like 4/5 times. When I die in PvE, I rage no doubt, but I know why I died, and it’s usually because my head got so big I tried to solo a Group Event boss and failed.

I don’t consider this bragging so much as facts, because time and again, I’ve been surprised myself. So many times I almost died, but DIDN’T! So many times I thought I was toast, but TRIUMPHED!

I love mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hynoris.3684

Hynoris.3684

Moa your enemies,see then downed before you and hear the lamentations on the forums.

That is the best in life…as a mesmer.

(edited by Hynoris.3684)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NatashaK.9418

NatashaK.9418

One day a dolyak will PM me that I couldn’t dent its HP, mashing everything I could from the supply camp to the tower. If I’ve made someone qq on my mesmer, I was manning an arrow cart.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Voodoo Tina.4180

Voodoo Tina.4180

I was near the top of a wicked hard jumping puzzle. I dropped portal and fell. No problem, I ported back up and finished. The guy behind me clicks on portal to see what it does just in time for it to expire. Poor sap had to start over and he wasn’t happy. I offered to portal him back up and he said he isn’t into hacks am cheats. He was into massive QQ in /map though. <cry>

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

PvE: Well, I was running around Lyssa’s Temple in ML trying to get a headstart on one of the three capture points, in case more people showed up. I was fighting pulls of 5-6 undead, or as many as I could get, and the odd spectral when a Warrior showed up and joined in. Together we chipped away at the ever respawning horde for a few minutes, trying to destroy the bone walls around the waypoint before the servants could repair them, when the warrior started complaining that I shouldn’t pull so many enemies at once. I simply replied “okay” and let him take the point. He start pulling mobs and fights them one by one, and I could clearly see that he was able to solo more than that. So I ran to another point and started over again, pulling 6 mobs, or 10 if they were casters, around pillars to group and decimate them with staff and sword.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Shinigami.5932

Shinigami.5932

… well, after he was done being a doosh bag, i heard him mention in his pretentious manner that he’s going straight for lord..

I honestly thought you meant like ‘going straight for the lord’ kind of homosexuality/religion thing or something at first.

Aizen San

in Mesmer

Posted by: Remus.1270

Remus.1270

Remus of Tyria (Sorrow’s Furnace) here, I have put almost 100 hours solely into pug spvp (on my mesmer alone) and with almost 50k unspent glory point (because I’m waiting for the good tiers).

I was approaching a point with a ranger defending, and was probably waiting for an an enemy. I was by myself as the rest of the team was on keep. I run sword/pistol staff, and start off with the 5 stun then duelist. As he is stunned I hit 2 for frenzy and put my aoe fields down.

To make a long story short, I shred through him and put down time warp for the quick stomp as another enemy came in. I get the kill and start the fight with the second enemy. After I fail because it was then 2vs1 and I was already weak from the first fight..
The ranger I killed in the beginning comes over my dead body after he respawns, and says “jajaja no skill mesmer” or something like that. He QQ’d because I completely destroyed him 1vs1 with no help from either side..And he celebrates because his team killed me 2-3 vs 1 (and the ranger didn’t even participate).

Other then that, I haven’t seen too much QQ’ing, or at-least directed at me.

Tiberious Of Elona
Guild leader of Unwavering Kingdom [KING] – Comrades of the Unified Kingdom.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vibro.8471

Vibro.8471

Several Invaders managed to knock down a wall in SM and got in. When I got there, I saw there were 6 invaders gankin on 3 of us (two of which were down) up on top of the wall. I sprinted up all nonchalant, got behind em, spammed all my clones out for intimidation and deception, then attacked em. They turned around, saw four more invaders, and promptly jumped off the wall and ran away.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dancing Jesus.2873

Dancing Jesus.2873

i love when i get messages like this. nothing like mesmer hate QQ

pic related

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

I was being chased by 3 people from SoS in WvW on Sunday, trying to catch up with the rest of my guild. I realized I couldn’t outrun them (two warriors and a guardian… permaswiftness!) so I turned around to fight. Had my greatsword out, did a 2—>4—>dodge toward them —> F2 shatter (since the fight just started, they were going to spam abilities so it would be more damage). Swapped to Sword/Sword (hit F4 shatter for 1 sec of immunity…love trait XI in illusions) hit 3 —> hit 2 —> hit 5 —> hit 4 --> F1 shatter, 2 were down. A F3 shatter with no clones (did I mention I love this trait?) to interrupt the guardian’s heal (the two warriors HAD to be glass cannon GS, both were wearing mostly CoF gear), followed by a couple 1’s from the S/S finished off the guardian.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

using the trebuchet, then getting attacked by an elementalist, running a confuse build, killing it in 4s without loosing any life and then:

" What are an OP class mesmer is!" which i replied
" Just stop hitting yourself" , quite a fun day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Best feeling is when i kill mesmers with my 80 bugs necro even after they moa and shatter their clones, after they are dead i just lol and let their pm raging began

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I know this is all fun and games but the last patch showed they are willing to nerf classes based on people not learning how to play the game and with no concern for PvE. So I can’t join in because I am too scared for what will happen to my PvE Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

using the trebuchet, then getting attacked by an elementalist, running a confuse build, killing it in 4s without loosing any life and then:

" What are an OP class mesmer is!" which i replied
" Just stop hitting yourself" , quite a fun day.

How did you lose no life with a confuse build? Confusion only ticks if they cast a spell…did you really avoid 5-6 casts in a row, completely?

@Levetty (Seriously, why can’t I copy/paste in here, or double quote?)

I wouldn’t worry about PvE. It’s pretty clear we have very solid burst (shatter builds) and conditions versus players (confusion doesn’t work well on monsters because they rarely use abilities), but are weak in sustained DPS. If we see a nerf to the two former ones, we will almost certainly get a buff to the latter.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

yep, most of his skills were used at the trebuchet and not me, since i saw him coming and jumped over it to get it from behind.Also, mirror images + 2 clones on dodge helps a lot with distortion, which lasts 4s.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bertrand.3057

Bertrand.3057

I really dislike the class Mesmer , Everyone knows they are to Overpowerd, And they can confuse you like nothing and just walk away. I think ArenaNet, Should NERF these characters abilitys because it is unfair. None of my characters can kill them…? I GUESS WE, ARE ALL GONNA BECOME A MESMER. You guys mest up there ArenaNet.

Someone just posted a thread and two posts saying this. Free thread bump!

Talleyrand, Captain and Commander of the Bloody Pirates
Asura on patrol in defense of Gandara and Bessie!
Administrator of http://thisisgandara.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aragiel.6132

Aragiel.6132

Im playing a mesmer and in fact shatter mesmer become trully a DPS beast ! Not only it can kill almost everything in 1v1 including also bunkers. But it has one of the best utilities in game as well (null field, portal, time wrap)

Im sorry if you dont see it but other classess have to spent much more time and effort to achieve what mesmer class can do. And the worst thing ever is – clones and illusions are doingit all for you.
In fact i offten dont even need to bother, just spam illusions / clones and keep them do their work.
I would like to see a decrease in illusions dmg and boost for mesmers abilites. IMHO mesmer class should use clones and phantasms only as distraction and not as main source of damage..

in Mesmer

Posted by: nidwin.6731

nidwin.6731

Had two warriors jumping on me while I was trying to get to a camp to get some ressources. I think both got a bit frustrated as they started to hit my phantasms after a while instead of focussing me. At the end both got zerged down by an upcoming group while I was again full health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: vicious.2193

vicious.2193

Aragiel

Im playing a mesmer and in fact shatter mesmer become trully a DPS beast ! Not only it can kill almost everything in 1v1 including also bunkers. But it has one of the best utilities in game as well (null field, portal, time wrap)
Im sorry if you dont see it but other classess have to spent much more time and effort to achieve what mesmer class can do. And the worst thing ever is – clones and illusions are doingit all for you.
In fact i offten dont even need to bother, just spam illusions / clones and keep them do their work.
I would like to see a decrease in illusions dmg and boost for mesmers abilites. IMHO mesmer class should use clones and phantasms only as distraction and not as main source of damage..

You do realize that clones do next to no direct damage, right? Also, that illusions all have their own restrictions and longer cooldowns? Go into PvP with your mesmer and try to kill someone without doing anything other than summoning clones and illusions. Go ahead, we’ll wait here.

Of all the classes I’ve played, mesmer has been the most finesse and required the most understanding of the mechanics in order to really, honestly succeed. Ranger was very simple and straightforward. Guardian was more complicated but, honestly, you could just power your way forward with stats. Mesmer really needs a style and it needs patience. I’m honestly sorry it took me so long to make one and he’s definitely going to be my main.

As for stories, on a WvW map I had a fantastic time fighting 1v1 with another mesmer. Fighting is a relative term, of course, as the majority of our 10 minutes spat was someone trying to run away from the other with portal, blink, or clone dodging. In my years of gaming in various MMOs, I’d easily call this one spat the most “epic” I’ve ever had.

Do you see the sins you’re making? ‘Cuz I’ve made them all before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: datawais.7209

datawais.7209

We were taking Danelon, and I was with a small group flanking the defenders who dug themselves in and built ballista. The main force was getting hit pretty hard, but they started to push through when they saw us round the bend. In the back there was a human rifle warrior and a charr longbow ranger shooting away, the former was at half health and kneeling for a kill shot, the latter was at a quarter and was just finished backing away from the front.

I ran up to them and dropped a feedback bubble, and I had this thought when the numbers pop up—we all think it when we drop feedback:“whoa! I’m glad that didn’t land on me”. The warrior crit himself and the ranger just popped on his #2 and they both dropped. I’ve been meaning to send a “thank you” note for the badges. That was the second (and third) time I actually watched someone kill themselves with feedback.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

I’m unstoppable!

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: leftharted.7102

leftharted.7102

Zogyark

Best feeling is when i kill mesmers with my 80 bugs necro even after they moa and shatter their clones, after the are dead i just lol and let their pm raging began

Hahaha, i highly doubt your just trolling mesmer forums to drop one liners?? Let me guess, you QQ rage quit yourself, and came Straight to the mesmer forums to speak your mind?? Heh, nuff said.

in Mesmer

Posted by: crewthief.8649

crewthief.8649

In a thread asking for epic, Mesmer induced QQ stories, there are people crying about Mesmer. Gotta love the irony!

< JADE QUARRY >
Zabroshan – 80 Guardian / Sorroe – 80 Mesmer
Hands Off My Octopus